What foods do you like but others hate?

Me? coleslaw. Love it.

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Coleslaw definitely, mushrooms, oatmeal
  • leanitup123
    leanitup123 Posts: 489 Member
    Also milk toast - I LOVE it. Used to have it for breakfast as a kid...
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    La Croix, spirulina, Greek yogurt, raw meal, cilantro... I could go on
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Buttermilk and tomato juice. (Separately, though!)
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Coleslaw made with miracle whip is just awful. NC vinegar slaw is delish. I like seaweed.
  • fatvegan88
    fatvegan88 Posts: 71 Member
    Seaweed, and sooo many people hate mushrooms and beets but I love them both.
  • patrickjd9
    patrickjd9 Posts: 23 Member
    Fruitcake!
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member

I love cilantro. It makes me sad that it won't grow here in the summer. I read somewhere that some people have a genetic predisposition to cilantro tasting like soap.
  • fatvegan88
    fatvegan88 Posts: 71 Member

We just got La Croix in Canada and it's life changing.

• ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Kale, chia seeds, coconut water, sardines w/ bones and skin, buckwheat grits, vegan pizza lol, beet juice, natto, tempeh bacon, Arby's roast beef sandwiches, Jack in the Box tacos, brown rice bread, manuka honey
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    edited July 2017
    I read somewhere that some people have a genetic predisposition to cilantro tasting like soap.

*raises hand*

Original Palmolive, to be exact. You can grow out of it somewhat, though. Or at least I did. In my very late 30s, it started being okay if it has been through a cooking process. Raw is still absolutely out of the question.

What don't people - probably Americans as that's who is probably the largest demographic here - like? All the stuff that has been listed so far, that doesn't make me physically ill like chlorella/spirulina and chia seeds, I'd eat. About the only stuff I don't like that I've eaten to date is super bitter, anise flavor, and identifiable insects/arthropods/embryos.

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

I love cilantro. It makes me sad that it won't grow here in the summer. I read somewhere that some people have a genetic predisposition to cilantro tasting like soap.

My inlaws claim that... I call Bs lol