What foods do you like but others hate?

Options

Replies

• bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Or flaming hot cheetos dipped in sour cream ;)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Absinthe. The real stuff.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Spam
  • OldDudeOnBike
    OldDudeOnBike Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like good, fresh coleslaw. Cannot stand that stuff KFC calls coleslaw. I love Menudo (Mexican tripe soup) My wife cannot even look at it.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Organ meats especially liver, heart, tongue, and tripe. Can't bring myself to eat kidneys, though. As if they can even be found these days.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I love Brussel sprouts, beets, and KALE. I used to eat it off veggie trays, even when it was only supposed to be the garnish, and get weird looks. I also love anchovies so much that if I'm at a restaurant (other than fast service) that serves a Caesar salad/dressing without anchovies, I refuse to order it even though that's the best kind of salad.

Something I'm probably an outlier on is what I don't like - peanut butter (unless it's encased in chocolate. Family legend is that I refused to eat it even as a baby) and melted cheese (like on a pizza or grilled cheese sandwich). The cheese in particular makes me gag. I love hard, cold cheese though.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Anchovies, escargot, smelts, bone marrow

OMG, bone marrow is amazing. I might've just started drooling.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Spam

Yes, I love spam! I could eat it every day. And plain steamed Brussels sprouts.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Oops
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    ramps(leeks) Yum! Yum! :)
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Prunes--I think they are delicious. Also black licorice. Lots of folks don't like those two things but I do.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »
    Anchovies, escargot, smelts, bone marrow

OMG, bone marrow is amazing. I might've just started drooling.

YESSS! I wish that it was easier to find. And that it was lower in calories. :(
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Liquorice! Especially the good stuff from the Netherlands or Scandinavia. Not the rubbish ones like allsorts with no or only traces of sweetwood.

tell me what sweetwood is? i'm curious.

i really like one of either licorice or aniseed, and ab.so.lutely loathe the other. like, involuntary-gut-gag loathe. i THINK it's licorice that i like but something or other a few years ago made me question whether i'd had the labels wrong all the time. it doesn't seem like the average person is very precise about verbally labelling them.

Sweetwood is what gives liquorice the liquorice taste. It's a plant. Sometimes you can buy wooden sweetwood sticks in ethnic shops to chew on. It's liquorice pure!
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    [
    Sweetwood is what gives liquorice the liquorice taste. It's a plant. Sometimes you can buy wooden sweetwood sticks in ethnic shops to chew on. It's liquorice pure!

In the US, it's typically called licorice root. It looks like a stick. I love licorice too.

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    smoked oysters...
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    smoked oysters...

Dude. Smoked oysters are delicious. No shame in my game.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    All of them I would imagine. I'm sure someone, somewhere, hates every food.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Sauerkraut, mushrooms, blue cheese
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Absinthe. The real stuff.

It's so good! I got my husband a bottle for Christmas last year and it didn't last as long as it should have.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I don't like eating at Barbecues - I like some of the foods but not many but I really don't like standing in someones garden, with a slow drip feed of (often) crappy food.

I also, don't really like donuts. They look nice the taste is blegh!