Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL opossums and possums are not the same thing (with different spellings). They are not even from the same animal group.

z3cojfgr2zl7.png

Does a possum turn into an Opossum if it’s fed after midnight?

Interesting fact. no. :D

I’m dying to know about the “bot cloths” now too.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    TIL....about bot cloths.

What is that?

You musta missed this on the "Remember when that was a thing" thread last week. Except it was just a thing for that one person's family lol.

I skim alot these days. What are they for that person?

It was a rag to wipe the butt, used wet like a wet wipe, I think. I had lots of questions about it. Like first and foremost how often was that thing washed? Apparently it was fresh enough for an older (unliked) sibling to use it on their face while the younger sibling laughed their *kitten* off. :D
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Some people just don't know how to act
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    TIL....about bot cloths.

What is that?

You musta missed this on the "Remember when that was a thing" thread last week. Except it was just a thing for that one person's family lol.

It was a rag to wipe the butt, used wet like a wet wipe, I think. I had lots of questions about it. Like first and foremost how often was that thing washed? Apparently it was fresh enough for an older (unliked) sibling to use it on their face while the younger sibling laughed their *kitten* off. :D

Ewwww. I was only joking when I interpreted it as a butt cloth! Thanks for clarifying. :lol:
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    TIL....about bot cloths.

What is that?

Ewwww. I was only joking when I interpreted it as a butt cloth! Thanks for clarifying. :lol:

You were "spot" on. :D
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL....about bot cloths.

What is that?

That sounds horrible.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    TIL opossums and possums are not the same thing (with different spellings). They are not even from the same animal group.

z3cojfgr2zl7.png

Ours still bite :laugh:
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL Mr. Rogers told the U.S. Supreme Court during the attempt to ban VCRs that he sided with the VCR, as it helped families to watch his show together. Supreme Court said his testimony was a contributing factor which allowed VCRs.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    I didn't learn anything today.
  • cee134
    Options

You didn't learn the proper amount of bananas one needs at any one time?
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options

You didn't learn the proper amount of bananas one needs at any one time?

What would you say is proper bunch size when shopping?
    Sometimes I buy 3 or 4 green bananas, plus 4 to 6 or 8 perfectly "just under ripe" bananas when shopping.
  • Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    Options
    TIL braces are *kitten* expensive and most employer offered dental plans don't include ortho coverage. At least the doctors at the ortho office were amazing. lol
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Today I learned that this gorgeous
    blue eyed aqaintence of mine wants me to be his girlfriend, He's so much better for me.. but I already have a boyfriend :#
  • xxzoiiexx
    xxzoiiexx Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    TIL that I love food
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL branches from a 3000 year old, still living, Greek olive tree were used to weave victors' wreaths for the winners of the 2004 Athens Olympics and the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,540 Member
    Options
    km8907 wrote: »
    That gullible is written on the ceiling.

God damn it...
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Svanel wrote: »
    TIL braces are *kitten* expensive and most employer offered dental plans don't include ortho coverage. At least the doctors at the ortho office were amazing. lol

This. Times two for me.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL that The Sex Pistols were asked by their manager to write a song called "Submission", hoping they would write about bondage. Instead they wrote a song about a submarine mission.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    TIL about the Toronto pedestrian attack that happened yesterday. I know a couple of people on here that are from Toronto. I hope nobody was hurt. :(

Yes, I hope everyone is ok too