Wedding Ready 2017!

Options
13»

Replies

• ascheidexiv
    ascheidexiv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Girls I've been hovering between 151-150 all week. Probably going to work out like crazy tonight just to see the 140s finally! I keep waking up thinking "today is the day" but it's not and I'm just ugh.
  • Arctic_Chick
    Arctic_Chick Posts: 27 Member
    Options

You can do it. Have you tried Atkins? A few years ago I tried it for my brother's wedding in Cabo and managed to drop a number of pounds in a short period of time. Then I ate whatever I felt like at the wedding...

I haven't done Atkins but that's just low carb isn't it? I did keto last year and I loved it but when I stopped I gained all 20 pounds that I had lost back in a matter of like 2 months. It's just really hard being a vegetarian and doing a low-carb thing :/ I could probably do it again for the wedding but I want to keep the weight off this time :/

Oh yeah Atkins is not for vegetarians. Ok good luck and I'm sure you can do it...
  • Arctic_Chick
    Options
    noirelb wrote: »
    I gained weight due to pregnancy and I have lots more weight to lose than all of you ladies and am getting married august 19th!.... I decided to lose weight starting end of May. Dropped around 22lbs and started strength training bike. Turns out that my lace back that was at it's max is now at it's minimum at my last fitting July 21st so I can't lose more weight or it will be lose or create a straight line instead of a nice lace "V"!!!

I'm a pear so I lose everything on my back and torso and face and then LATER ON arms, hips and bum (thighs never go. never)

Have you tried swapping yoga for bike? I used to train for triathlons and I didn't like what the bike did to my running legs. Biking made my legs bulky and my jeans and knee high boots were getting too tight... I switched to yoga. Muscles were much more toned and long...
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    noirelb wrote: »
    I gained weight due to pregnancy and I have lots more weight to lose than all of you ladies and am getting married august 19th!.... I decided to lose weight starting end of May. Dropped around 22lbs and started strength training bike. Turns out that my lace back that was at it's max is now at it's minimum at my last fitting July 21st so I can't lose more weight or it will be lose or create a straight line instead of a nice lace "V"!!!

I'm a pear so I lose everything on my back and torso and face and then LATER ON arms, hips and bum (thighs never go. never)

Have you tried swapping yoga for bike? I used to train for triathlons and I didn't like what the bike did to my running legs. Biking made my legs bulky and my jeans and knee high boots were getting too tight... I switched to yoga. Muscles were much more toned and long...

Oh i have absolutely no problem with muscles!! I actually do squats but its the fat on my thighs :S.... I also hate yoga and would not spend nearly as much tome doing it then biking. But i undertsand people with non bulky legs not wanting to get them bulkier with biking. For me it tones my legs.
  • Arctic_Chick
    Options
    Weighed in today...

weight.png

• andi545
    andi545 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh why did I have a boozey Sunday
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    New One here!

My baby sisters wedding Nov 18th 2017.

Height: 5'4
    Current/Starting weight: 144
    Goal weight: 125

Strategy:
    Following a diet called "17 day diet" goes in cycles of 17 days. Starts with low carbs the first cycle and every cycle you start adding carbs back in and starts focusing on portion control and increasing exercise. Always focused on no processed, no added sugars.. etc. "Cheats" allowed 2-3 times a week once maintenance reached.
    I like this diet because its basically eating whole and healthy foods, I have a 2 month old and a 1 yr old and work fulltime so making time to exercise right now is REALLY hard for me. I really have to focus on what I eat and eating well. Not a big deal if I don't reach 125 by wedding day but its my ultimate goal weight. That is were I feel and look the best and after two back to back pregnancies I am SO really to look/feel like myself again.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Welcome @DianaGabriela2013 !

I had my bridal shower on Saturday. It went really well but we had tons of leftovers... the weekend was kind of a lost cause. I spent the entire day on the couch Sunday... I watched FOUR movies and worked on center pieces lol I think the hard part is done though

Back on the IF wagon today. No gym until Wednesday but i have a 3 hour and 45 minute dance class tonight and tomorrow and that's way longer than I'd spend at the gym so that's not too bad. Trying to get back on track after the weekend.
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    How's everybody doing?

• Arctic_Chick
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Been packing for a big move and thought that might offset only working out twice last week but it didn't really. Also didn't realize how many calories whiskey has... weighed in today and only lost 0.2 lbs last week... no more hard drinking for the rest of the month...

weight.png

• DananaNanas
    Options
    Hey that's better than gaining! :)
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    2 weeks till the wedding!! Freaking out and i lost 3 lbs since the last fitting so I'm sure it'll still fit!
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    Ahhh!!! Thats great @noirelb !!
  • andi545
    andi545 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Weekends are the toughest hopefully everyone is doing well
  • Arctic_Chick
    Options
    Weighed in this morning. Goal is to lose 2lbs/week but only lost 1lb. I'll take it!

weight.png

• DananaNanas
    Options
    It's better than nothing @Arctic_Chick ! How's it going this week?
  • Arctic_Chick
    Options
    It's better than nothing @Arctic_Chick ! How's it going this week?

Now cramming. No more social events for a while. Pushed my photo shoot by 3 weeks! So focusing on not skipping meals and hitting calorie goal each day until then... Hard to lose weight in summer! Too many BBQs!
  • emmasjones721
    emmasjones721 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey loves! I'm getting married on 11th August 2018, I already have my dress and my ultimate goal is to look and feel awesome in it! I have about 43lbs left to lose. Feeling super motivated and on a mission. I've not been on MFP for long, just a couple of weeks, so have just been concentrating on getting my calories under control and getting used to logging EVERYTHING daily, also long walks with the dogs daily. All seems to be going well so far! Going to start swimming and getting my *kitten* to the gym soon too
  • DananaNanas
    Options
    @emmasjones721 you're off to a good start! good luck!
  • Arctic_Chick
    Options

weight.png

Wedding photos in 9 days!