New Relationship & Issues With It...

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    dec056 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    Ok.... you've only been together one month. Why would he want to tell you embarrassing things about himself? He's not cheating on you, he's human and not perfect. He shouldn't of lied but you shouldn't have been all up in his business. Are you planing on marrying him? If not, I would just move on and enjoy the relationship. Unless you are looking for reasons to end it.

The issue with me is the repeated lies that he's telling. That's it.

What repeated lies? Does he keep telling you he doesn't have the FB or something?

OP, you're dating a guy and it's not even that serious yet.

• Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to see one of these threads come to a vote. Let's see some MFP democracy in action!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Ok.... you've only been together one month. Why would he want to tell you embarrassing things about himself? He's not cheating on you, he's human and not perfect. He shouldn't of lied but you shouldn't have been all up in his business. Are you planing on marrying him? If not, I would just move on and enjoy the relationship. Unless you are looking for reasons to end it.

The issue with me is the repeated lies that he's telling. That's it.

What repeated lies? Does he keep telling you he doesn't have the FB or something?

OP, you're dating a guy and it's not even that serious yet.

You're right. It's not even that serious, and the guy keeps lying to OP about different, probably inconsequential stuff, despite the fact that she told him she's got trust issues and it might take a while.

If he can't keep his story straight about stuff that doesn't matter this early in the relationship, what sort of track record do you expect him to have later--about stuff that DOES matter?
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    He lied to you, he has a fake identity, he stalked his ex-girlfriend. And that's just the stuff you know about. Don't listen to his excuses, you're worth more than this creepy liar.
  • dec056
    dec056 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    138shades wrote: »
    I'd be more worried if my girlfriend got on MFP and talked about me behind my back.

I can see that.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    The DUI thing ill give him a pass on. It could be something he's embarrassed about and could be hard for him to really bring up in conversation

But the fake profile.....ehhhhhh I don't know man....not a good look.
  • cee134
    Options
    I would judge him worse if he was still on AOL.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Did you already bang? 'cause that makes the decision a little harder.

Wait, no it doesn't. Follow your gut instinct.
  • cee134
    Options
    OP, is the guy a nice guy otherwise? Is there anything good about him? Are there any other reasons than 2 lies he told you to break up with him?

Let's face it, you could make him forget about stalking his ex if you wanted to.
  • dec056
    Options
    I would judge him worse if he was still on AOL.

I wonder how extensive his Buddy List would be.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    brad, you have two new.....? i wanna know what 2 new he has and my phone doesnt call me by my name it just say "2 new text messages"

He has notifications turned on while using a fake account. That's just Bush league.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    brad, you have two new.....? i wanna know what 2 new he has and my phone doesnt call me by my name it just say "2 new text messages"

for real i'd have just said i let my friend at work borrow my phone earlier so he could log in and check his facebook or something and he must have forgot to log out when he was done oops

I would have so much fun with that. Just saying.
  • dec056
    Options
    OP, is the guy a nice guy otherwise? Is there anything good about him? Are there any other reasons than 2 lies he told you to break up with him?

Let's face it, you could make him forget about stalking his ex if you wanted to.

How is that?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options

How is that?

Ooooh I know, I know!!

*recites mantra* don't get banned, don't get banned, don't get banned.