Keto Challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• Nyams50
    Nyams50 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Normally, I am on 1200 calorie diet. Do I still have to maintain my caloric intake while on keto?
  • mandaeve4
    mandaeve4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Nyams50 wrote: »
    Normally, I am on 1200 calorie diet. Do I still have to maintain my caloric intake while on keto?

@Nyams50 I have been keeping track of the grams of fat, protein, and carbs instead of the caloric intake. There is a site I have gone to however, that calculates how many calories, and macros you should intake for weight loss : https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/
  • MrsFitFlink
    MrsFitFlink Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can someone point me in the right direction for a very beginner guide to meal planning for a Keto diet plan? Zero experience with it. I've about 3040lbs to lose and lifting weights and some light running for exercise. Would love some help/guidance. Thank you all. :)
  • Nyams50
    Nyams50 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    mandaeve4 wrote: »
    Nyams50 wrote: »

@Nyams50 I have been keeping track of the grams of fat, protein, and carbs instead of the caloric intake. There is a site I have gone to however, that calculates how many calories, and macros you should intake for weight loss : https://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

Thank you so much. This has actually been very helpful and insightful.

• DanielleM7810
    DanielleM7810 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started keto about a week ago and although its difficult to make the changes (having to read labels and all with such scrutiny and removing certain foods), its been amazing! I read The Bulletproof Diet and am reading Hashimoto's Protocol because I was diagnosed with it in March. I refuse to accept that I have to take a pill for the rest of my life because any autoimmune disorder stems from three things: gut permeability, infection or toxins. Living a keto lifestyle eliminates so many of the foods that cause sensitivities and inflammation not to mention helps the body feel satisfied as opposed to feeling restricted. Fat does not make you fat if its good fat and eaten the right way. Seems backwards and contrary to all the hype we hear everywhere about avoiding fat but if we listened to all that, we could never eat anything! No fat, no carbs and no sugar = no energy and a host of other problems. While there is no magic formula that works for every person, the principles can be applied to anyone. Each person is different. We each have diff goals, diff lifestyles, diff work schedules, etc. Educating oneself on the true science behind how these diet changes actually work and how our bodies process food is the key to making the right changes for any one person.
    I posted this on another keto thread too because I have personally seen alot of change in my own body already. Its worth the effort, for sure!
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    Finally seeing a loss! Down 17# since January 16, mostly in the last month! Before Keto I was just bouncing up and down a couple of pounds. It isn't easy but I'm sure it will be worth the work.