Replies

• dagolifts
    dagolifts Posts: 42
    Options
    yes, currently listening to the germs
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Oh god, thank you for listing actual punk bands, I was afraid I was going to find pseudo bull****. Anti-Nowhere League is a personal favorite of mine.
  • rphkenny
    rphkenny Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes but I'm more into old school punk, Dead Kenendys, Lena Lovich, Bad Religion, Ramones, Black Flag and such...
  • BrittanyMegan88
    BrittanyMegan88 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Yes but I'm more into old school punk, Dead Kenendys, Lena Lovich, Bad Religion, Ramones, Black Flag and such...
    I prefer the old school stuff too. Mostly into the 70's and 80's punk. :bigsmile:
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    The Clash, The Ramones, The Dead Kennedy's, Flagging Molly, The Vandals. Maybe not punk but I really loved zombina and the skeletones (rockabilly Wooo)
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite bands are Bouncing Souls, Against Me! The Vindictives, ****ies, Forgotten Rebels, Toy Dolls, Choking Victim, Lower Class Brats, Aquabats, Cockney Rejects... and tons more

YES! You had me at The Aquabats! I love it that I can put them on and my kids love it. From the 6 year old down to the 1.5 year old. It's so much fun!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    Chicago's lineup

FRIDAY, SEP 13
    Fall Out Boy Sublime with Rome Joan Jett & the Blackhearts Bad Religion Atmosphere Yellowcard Screeching Weasel Andrew W.K. GWAR Hatebreed Smoking Popes Dessa Saul Williams The Flatliners Masked Intruder Flatfoot 56 Environmental Encroachment
    SATURDAY, SEP 14
    Blink-182 Violent Femmes Rancid Blondie Public Enemy Taking Back Sunday Flag Guided By Voices Dinosaur Jr. X DeVotchka Pennywise Best Coast The Lawrence Arms Glassjaw The Devil Wears Prada Say Anything Surfer Blood The Dear Hunter The Selecter T.S.O.L. Stars Empires Mephiskapheles Kitten New Beat Fund The Interrupters Radkey Environmental Encroachment
    SUNDAY, SEP 15
    The Replacements Pixies AFI Brand New All Time Low Pierce the Veil Rocket From The Crypt The Dismemberment Plan Bob Mould Against Me! The Broadways Suicidal Tendencies Quicksand The Lillingtons Saves the Day Mission of Burma Maps & Atlases Peter Hook & The Light Bad Books Bayside
    Sq_90
    Reggie and the Full Effect
    382 people like this
    Add to Line-up
    Reggie and the Full EffectReggie and the Full Effect The Wonder Years Memphis May Fire Chuck Ragan Off With Their Heads Touche Amore Twin Peaks Deal's Gone Bad Peelander-Z White Mystery Direct Hit! Pet Symmetry Hostage Calm

That looks like such a great lineup.
    I'm seeing Fall Out Boy/Panic at the Disco/21 Pilots September 14th. I've seen them all before, and the're great.
    Love to see some of the bands you listed though.
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    uhm . . . **** yes.

rancid
    the adolescents
    operation ivy
    rise against
    the clash
    dead Kennedy's

they're all on my ipod at the moment.

Uh love these!!! And I havent listened to them in forever ! Have to right now
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    All this punk rock talk and no one mentions Pennywise. Geez!
    Haha, wow! That's crazy that they weren't mentioned yet!
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    Some of my favorite bands are Bouncing Souls, Against Me! The Vindictives, ****ies, Forgotten Rebels, Toy Dolls, Choking Victim, Lower Class Brats, Aquabats, Cockney Rejects... and tons more

YES! You had me at The Aquabats! I love it that I can put them on and my kids love it. From the 6 year old down to the 1.5 year old. It's so much fun!
    They are so fun! They're my favorite band to play while I clean and do house chores cause they get me so stoked & excited!
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    All this punk rock talk and no one mentions Pennywise. Geez!
    Ahem:
    Rise Against (A lot lately...), The Offspring (older stuff more so), Pennywise, NOFX, Bad Religion
  • hilsidney
    hilsidney Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! More old school, and don't listen as much as I did but....Black Flag, Minor Threat, old Descendants, early Damned, Radio Birdman, Flipper, Germs, and so many more. And, I love Stooges and MC5 and consider them to be punk, even though others often disagree.
  • BrittanyMegan88
    Options
    Yes!!! More old school, and don't listen as much as I did but....Black Flag, Minor Threat, old Descendants, early Damned, Radio Birdman, Flipper, Germs, and so many more. And, I love Stooges and MC5 and consider them to be punk, even though others often disagree.
    Nice list!!
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Yes, but mostly older UK punk./post punk..US as well, 1970s-80s.

The Fall, Buzzcocks, Sex Pistols, PiL, Crass, The Slits, X Ray Spex, The Birthday Party, The Saints, Wire, Gang of Four, Psychic TV, Throbbing Gristle, Bauhaus, Flying Lizards, Siouxsie & the Banshees, Adam & The Ants, The Monochrome Set, Television Personalities :heart:

The Cramps, The Gun Club, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag (pre Rollins), Sonic Youth, James Chance, Lydia Lunch, DNA, B-52s, X, The Voidoids, etc. etc.
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Ramones, sex pistols, rise against, my chemical romance, jimmy eat world, lars frederiksen and the *kitten*, good charlotte, the offspring, dead kennedys, senses fail, social distortion, suicidal tendencies, dropkick murphys, all on my ipod but im more of a metal head:ohwell:
  • emaren
    emaren Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    I missed out on seeing the Pistols at the screen on the green by a couple of minutes, but I heard them for a few minutes, but did not see them even when they left - it was a bit of a riot situation....

I did manage to see the Clash a few times, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Boom Town Rats, Buzzcocks, Stranglers, SLF, PIL and many more......

Near all of them on their hay day too..

Johnny Rotton gobbed on my jacket once, there was no way that was ever getting washed....

It was fun but dangerous being a teenager at the end of the 1970's :)

Post punk I saw Bauhaus play many times and 'somewhere' I have some signed albums :) Also have some signed Iggy Pop somewhere **shrug**.

Saw the Pixies both 'back then' and recently at Coachella when theyt got back together too.
  • frankenchops
    frankenchops Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes!
    The Clash
    The Ramones
    The Damned
    New York Dolls
    Dead Boys
    Stiff Little Fingers
    Heartbreakers
    The Boys
    **** Sparrer
    Sex Pistols
    4 Skins
    Angelic Upstarts
    The Undertones
    The Jam
    Cockney rejects
    Sham 69
    Blitz
    The Business
    TSOL

This list can just keep going… Been to a lot of shows :) Some good ones coming up in my town. Dropkick Murphys and Real McKenzies.

Add me punk rock rock friends!
  • 85missmay
    85missmay Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Has anyone mentioned The Dwarves??