Walking and bulky thighs

Options
124»

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering where those 4 hrs fit into your day. I feel like 45 min before and after work are difficult enough for me to fit in. I also can't walk much faster than 4.2mph!

I wake up at 4 am everyday have my coffee and walk from 4:30 to 8:30 then have a shower then breakfast and head to start my day :)

That's rocking it!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering where those 4 hrs fit into your day. I feel like 45 min before and after work are difficult enough for me to fit in. I also can't walk much faster than 4.2mph!

I wake up at 4 am everyday have my coffee and walk from 4:30 to 8:30 then have a shower then breakfast and head to start my day :)

That is serious motivation right there. And you can rest assured that motivation won't give you big thighs. Most likely they will get quite a bit leaner and look better if you keep walking that much and eating for weight loss. :smile:
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I've been walking for 36 years and still no bulky thighs.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options

Oh, well, I have to leave by 7:30 for work and don't get home till around 6, then I have to make dinner. I also can't walk safely in my neighborhood, it would have to be treadmill, which would bore me quickly. I guess if you have the time and space, it works.
  • dandanacutie
    dandanacutie Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Oh, well, I have to leave by 7:30 for work and don't get home till around 6, then I have to make dinner. I also can't walk safely in my neighborhood, it would have to be treadmill, which would bore me quickly. I guess if you have the time and space, it works.

Of course everyone has their priorities , lives and Scaduals. you do you! Plus I know I take so much time to do my exercise and you can simply burn the same amount of calories with HIIT in a shorter time but this what works for me!
    Sorry if I sounded like I was telling you something else :neutral:
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

I wish I had your dedication and willpower to get up so early and walk. That is awesome!
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    If you're progressively increasing the incline on the walk while keeping the same pace you will likely add some mass to your legs. If you are already thicker in the legs and want to avoid adding size, I would keep it at a low/no incline walk.

God I wish it was that easy, I walk maybe 15-20km every day a lot of it on a 10% incline because that's the terrain where I live, do a tonne of squats, deadlifts, lunges in various stances and forms (walking, forward, curtsey, split) both with heavy weight and with lighter weights, go to twice weekly legs, bums and tums where I do a tonne of bodyweight and resistance band leg work plus work with a PT on my legs with delights such as sprinting up said 10% incline. While I have definite definition and pretty muscular legs, I wouldn't call my thighs bulky and even with all that work I'm losing inches from them (albiet at a very slow pace, but as I want to keep them pretty much where they are that's not a problem)