Worst database entries?

Options

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    In light of PM's I've received, I want to state that I'm not a cannibal nor a Satanist. I have never eaten human flesh. To clarify, the numbers I used were copied directly from the USDA listing for pork chops on bone. I used that because Victorian-era reports claimed that cannibal tribes of the South Pacific called human meat "long pig", allegedly because meat from humans is similar to pork. I presumed that smilies in my posts would imply humor and sarcasm, but I was mistaken. I apologize for any offense and confusion. Thank you.

Obviously they have no sense of humour....or history. You're in good hands, friend!

I believe you can report those messages.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Eating the ice cream will give you the will to live so it is negative calories.

Cheers, h.

Deal!
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    In light of PM's I've received, I want to state that I'm not a cannibal nor a Satanist. I have never eaten human flesh. To clarify, the numbers I used were copied directly from the USDA listing for pork chops on bone. I used that because Victorian-era reports claimed that cannibal tribes of the South Pacific called human meat "long pig", allegedly because meat from humans is similar to pork. I presumed that smilies in my posts would imply humor and sarcasm, but I was mistaken. I apologize for any offense and confusion. Thank you.

Haahaa wow.

Oh well, I guess I can add to the offence when I point out that:

1. Trainee Tattooists often practice on pork skin because it is remarkably similar to human;
    2. Human flesh is the only other animal flesh to make proper crackling when cooked, due to those same similarities; and
    3. Human flesh smells remarkably like roast pork when it's cooking.

I'll leave people to wonder how I know all this.

Yes. I worked in a lab that was working on drug delivery methods through skin. We used pig skin because of the similarities. Much of it involved sending a pulse through pig skin and immediately freeze fracturing it to examine the effect on the cell structures.
  • charlenechaz
    charlenechaz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Deffo bumping this
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bumping, because I have discovered today that cumin powder is more calorie-dense than a Big Mac.

At least, according to the database.iop1h1zoz6fa.png

• tmoneyag99
    tmoneyag99 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Yeah it's time for MFP to clean up the database & and find a way to mark something as an "official" entry. Ie a caloric count that comes directly from the vendor or verified against their listed calories. Kind of like the twitter check mark.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I didn't take a picture, but there is actually one in the database for PF Chang. Apparently one cup of rice is 0 calories, unless I misread it. I hope it is right, because that is what I ordered :).
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    There is a (verified!) entry for blackberries that is something like 700 calories/ounce. I don't think so!
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten*!! I'm just glad before I started, I read the stickies for getting started. The one I read said to verify all your diary entries, as they are user generated and could be inaccurate.

Some of these ranged from downright hilarious, to ludacris, to WTF. Had a great time reading through them though. Thanks :#
  • cerise_noir
    Options
    I legit found these and put them in as entries on Christmas 2016.

6k705qgjka7c.jpg
    hga446l8avyw.jpg
    greh9gvp6suc.jpg

:laugh:

I like these.
  • wyldwomyn
    wyldwomyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Writing "ham slice" gets me "ham, cubed." So...eh.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    When I tried to help someone learn to log their food here they couldn't understand that to be accurate they had to weigh, measure, and log each food item separately. So they tried to beat the system by logging a Mc Donalds two cheeseburger extra value meal ( at least 1000 plus soda) as a generic "burger and fries" entry for only a few hundred calories.

I once had someone tell me in all earnestness that they logged their bananas as small - 90 calories and then bought the largest bananas they could so they'd get more banana for the same number of calories.

• cerise_noir
    Options
    wyldwomyn wrote: »
    Writing "ham slice" gets me "ham, cubed." So...eh.

Use a food scale and log in grams, maybe?