Weird things you do with food

Options

Replies

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    @DoubleUbea I bet taco seasoning is pretty good in sour cream. I like putting southwest seasoning in it too so I bet that's similar. I also like making sour cream dill dip, or mixing sour cream and salsa. Also sour cream in mac n cheese is good, and I've been known to put it in ramen. I've never really thought about this before, but I might have a sour cream problem, lol. I bet could put in almost anything and be satisfied with the result, lol.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    tuna salad made with brown dijon mustard instead of mayo.
  • risaleigh16
    risaleigh16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oyster crackers in my chocolate ice cream
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Mustard is good on anything. If you are of Polish decent you probably have *at least* three different types of mustard in your refrigerator at this time.

Guilty as charged! Lol

• zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    to drink water with sugar mixed in. as far as food i use to eat relish mustard and peanut butter sandwich
    That’s not weird, hospitals allow that to treat blood sugar lows if you are otherwise fasting (NPO except ice chips, for example).
  • zcb94
    Options
    No sauce on my pizza
    Peanut butter on waffles/pancakes/French toast
    Pickles and olives only on my turkey and cheese subs
    Cayenne pepper on eggs, it anything that needs spiciness
    I like you already but don’t even know you. Now I’m the weirdo... <3
  • zcb94
    Options
    Granny smith apples sliced up and sprinkled with salt are amazing. I always get looks when I eat them, but my dad always had them that way too.
    I overheard someone talking about salted apples at my hippotherapy (therapeutic horseback riding lessons) clinic and have a hard time not doing that.
  • Nadspee
    Nadspee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    tuna salad made with brown dijon mustard instead of mayo.

This! Sometimes with craisins and a hardboiled egg added too.
  • zcb94
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I don't think I do anything THAT weird with my food, but the other day I witnessed my dad do something pretty gross after dinner...
    We normally don't have soda in the house, but we had leftovers from the Fourth of July and he opened the fridge, poured a glass half full of Coca-Cola.... AND THEN HE FILLED THE REST WITH MILK. He drank the entire thing in less than 10 seconds claiming how delicious it was, like a "root beer float but with coke".... UM?! No thank you!!!! XD I didn't try it so I mean, it MIGHT be good, but it just seems so, so wrong...
    I would try that (would have to use Diet Coke), but for the fact that an old friend told me that, if you drink milk and then drink Coke, you’ll cancel the calcium’s blessing (not to mention needing about an hour of alone time to deal with the belching!).
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Granny smith apples sliced up and sprinkled with salt are amazing. I always get looks when I eat them, but my dad always had them that way too.

Salted apple sandwich is yum too.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    The only "weird" things I ever did with food, I did as a child/teenager, and they are not even that weird. As I've learned from the internets, I am a pretty boring (dare I say, "vanilla"?) person when it comes to bizarre food eats/habits/rituals/etceteras.

1. Rolling pin a piece of white bread flat, slather on butter, sprinkle with white sugar, roll up and slice into pinwheels and eat. Clearly, my mother should have bought more tortillas... ;)

2. Onion bagel sliced, add tomato and Swiss cheese slices, nuke to melt the cheese, drown in Italian dressing. Eat.

3. Ginger ale floats instead of root beer floats.

4. Eating green apples, watermelon, or lemons with salt on them.

5. Any of the above (or other fruits/veg) with Tajin sprinkled on them.

6. Fried chicken skins with honey and hot sauce on them. Sweet chili sauce wasn't a thing back then/in the household I grew up in.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I don't think I do anything THAT weird with my food, but the other day I witnessed my dad do something pretty gross after dinner...
    We normally don't have soda in the house, but we had leftovers from the Fourth of July and he opened the fridge, poured a glass half full of Coca-Cola.... AND THEN HE FILLED THE REST WITH MILK. He drank the entire thing in less than 10 seconds claiming how delicious it was, like a "root beer float but with coke".... UM?! No thank you!!!! XD I didn't try it so I mean, it MIGHT be good, but it just seems so, so wrong...

Kind of like a coke float then but not as scrummy! Do you have coke floats in the US? Wimpy here always used to sell them - basically long glass of coke with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Not had it in years...might change that this evening as it's so hot here right now.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Most popular is root beer floats but you can get it made with any soft drink.
    I have a memory of a drink as a child from an ice cream chain called Friendly's. I think it was called a "Fribble" you could get a milk shake with different flavorings, one of those was coke.

The original poster said her dad drank milk and Coke, there was a 70s TV show where one of the characters (Laverne) drank Coke and Pepsi.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Kind of like a coke float then but not as scrummy! Do you have coke floats in the US? Wimpy here always used to sell them - basically long glass of coke with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Not had it in years...might change that this evening as it's so hot here right now.

I absolutely LOVE Coke floats with chocolate ice cream. Cherry Coke is good with vanilla, though. :-)
  • DoubleUbea
    edited July 2018
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Coke and Pepsi.
    MILK and Pepsi, milk and pepsi

Looks like I picked a bad week to stop smoking crack.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    When I have a bowl of ice cream I mash it all up with my spoon and make it a nice creamy consistency before eating.
  • DoubleUbea
    Options
    I thought that is how you were suppose to eat ice cream. As a kid I called it "mucking the ice cream."
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don’t know I always see people just taking spoonfuls of their hard balls of cream scoops and I think that’s weird
  • DoubleUbea
    Options
    Some people's kids.