Weird things you do with food

Replies

• mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    kcs76 wrote: »
    Cottage cheese with pickles/pickled beets. Doritos/potato chips with egg salad/tuna salad. Corn chips/potato chips with baked beans. Carrots/grape tomatoes dipped in Catalina salad dressing.

All of these sound amazing. Except for the Catalina dressing.

I thought the exact same thing, she had me til Catalina...
  • AngeLikesCats
    AngeLikesCats Posts: 4 Member
    Regardless of full sugar or diet soda (not about kcals) I will add water to my fizzy juice if it’s possible (obv not if I am out and about without water available) because the flavours are too strong and the bubbles often hurt my nose! *if I can’t add a bit of water I open and leave it for a while to let bubbles out*

I don’t think it’s weird but some do - cottage cheese/sour cream with pears 🍐

Jalapeño container liquid as a salad dressing!

Occasionally dip chilli Doritos into choc fondue or sandwich a minstrel between 2 😂
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    I dunk my costco hot dog in a chocolate vanilla swirl.

Jk 😂

I like to dunk burgers in more ketchup. Although i have given up burgers and foods mich like it for about 8 months now.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    I like to eat kiwi with the skin on.

Lol. That is indeed a weird food habit.

Agreed, although that's the only way my son will eat them. :#
  • brisadeldesierto
    brisadeldesierto Posts: 41 Member

Lol. That is indeed a weird food habit.

Agreed, although that's the only way my son will eat them. :#

Haha. You're not alone @gearhead426hemi !
  • gsnapmccool
    gsnapmccool Posts: 30 Member
    edited July 2018
    Five words. Cinnamon rolls with ranch dressing 🤤

Really? I'm not knocking it, I'm just curious. I don't like cinnamon rolls or ranch dressing so I can't say I'll be trying this out. What about it do you like?

It covers the salty and sweet but also adds a bit of tang in there. I discovered it on accident in high school. We always had taco salad days and taco salad came staple with a fresh-baked cinnamon roll. I put ranch on my taco salad, some got on the cinnamon roll, and I couldn’t believe the flavor explosion. I get so much grief for it, but when I see a big pan of fresh cinnamon rolls, I love to indulge with a few dips of ranch 🤤
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited July 2018
    I saw a comedian several years ago, the comedian had a cousin who put "raaanch dressin'" on everything. When I hear ranch dressing I hear it in the voice of the comedian making fun of his cousin. That and I saw someone put ranch dressing on chicken wings.... sacrilegious. I stopped talking to that person.
  • gsnapmccool
    gsnapmccool Posts: 30 Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    I saw a comedian several years ago, the comedian had a cousin who put "raaanch dressin'" on everything. When I hear ranch dressing I hear it in the voice of the comedian making fun of his cousin. That and I saw someone put ranch dressing on chicken wings.... sacrilegious. I stopped talking to that person.

A long time ago, I used to put ranch on everything. Now I barely use any dressing. But uh, ranch comes with most chicken wings around here! That’s like, a must!
  • katphi1618
    katphi1618 Posts: 120 Member
    Misskcm wrote: »
    The only way I'll eat ketchup is if I put a ton of pepper in it. And I mean flip the "pour" tab not the "sprinkle" tab. At restaurants I'll take the entire lid off the shaker. My boyfriend thought it was weird until he tried it. Now he does it too.

At Chinese buffets, you know those doughnut type rolls with sugar on them? I take those and drench them in soy sauce. Oh my gosh it is so good.

I also like to get fries from McDonald's or Sonic or something and cut them up and mix them in with my ice-cream.

I have a few more but I'll spare you.

Salty fries with ice cream is awesome.
  • katphi1618
    I hard boil quail eggs to put in my Mac salad whole. And I use goose eggs to make deviled eggs. When we butcher pigs I take the face off, sprinkle it with seasoning, put the pigs tongue in the middle then roll it up and bake it. It's better than bacon. :-D I don't think any of that is weird though.
  • katphi1618

I went to college with a girl who ate her orange whole, peel and all. When I was a kid I'd leave nothing of my apple left.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    But uh, ranch comes with most chicken wings around here! That’s like, a must!

No, then don't call it Buffalo Chicken wings. Blue Cheese dressing is the original, anything else is sacrilegious.

• ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    im in the chicken wings with ranch group. only because bleu cheese makes me sick.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    ktekc wrote: »
    im in the chicken wings with ranch group. only because bleu cheese makes me sick.

Same. Blue cheese doesn't make me sick, but I don't really like it. Too foot-ey. I will dip most savory things in ranch though. It's my preferred dipping condiment. Fries, chips, pizza, cheeseburgers, mozzarella sticks, veggies, pickles, etc. I love me some ranch. It's probably good I don't eat those fried foods all the time, lol. I love mustard too, so I use that when I don't have room for ranch.

Most recent weird thing I discovered: Salt & Vinegar chips dipped in pork & beans. Basically using them as a bean to mouth delivery system. MMM.
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    It covers the salty and sweet but also adds a bit of tang in there. I discovered it on accident in high school. We always had taco salad days and taco salad came staple with a fresh-baked cinnamon roll. I put ranch on my taco salad, some got on the cinnamon roll, and I couldn’t believe the flavor explosion. I get so much grief for it, but when I see a big pan of fresh cinnamon rolls, I love to indulge with a few dips of ranch 🤤

It's fun when those happy accidents occur right?
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,120 Member
    It's a regional thing I think, because most people not from around where I live think this is gross, but we eat chili with cinnamon rolls.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I no longer use gravy. Some people seem to think I'm strange when they notice.
  • kcs76
    kcs76 Posts: 244 Member
    edited July 2018
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    It's a regional thing I think, because most people not from around where I live think this is gross, but we eat chili with cinnamon rolls.
    As previously stated I'm not a cinnamon roll fan, but I think this sounds good. When I eat a bowl of chili, I mix in a tablespoon of peanut butter. I've gotten some pretty weird looks when I do that but it's SO good. Now I can't wait for autumn for chili time!!

ETA: I live about 12 hrs away from where I grew up, so up here I get the odd looks. Back home, pb in chili is business as usual.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    As previously stated I'm not a cinnamon roll fan, but I think this sounds good. When I eat a bowl of chili, I mix in a tablespoon of peanut butter. I've gotten some pretty weird looks when I do that but it's SO good. Now I can't wait for autumn for chili time!!

ETA: I live about 12 hrs away from where I grew up, so up here I get the odd looks. Back home, pb in chili is business as usual.

Pb with chili sounds good..will have to try! I eat my chili with bananas...sweet n heat...sooooo good!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member

OK, I've never done the PB in chili thing and now I need to make it happen. PB is my desert island food and chili is glorious.