Weird things you do with food

Options

Replies

• DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Green Giant and Birds-eye (USA) make cauliflower veggie-tots if you want to cut back on carbs.
    https://www.greengiant.com/products/detail/green-giant-cauliflower-veggie-tots/
    Those do sound good.
  • daltontf
    daltontf Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Growing up, my brother and I would dip peanut butter sandwiches in tomato soup.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    daltontf wrote: »
    Growing up, my brother and I would dip peanut butter sandwiches in tomato soup.

Yaaasss. I spent quite a few minutes last night trying to convince my son that PB and salsa is delish.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    A couple of things that have raised eyebrows....

nutella and pringles
    mixing ketchup and mayo (it's basically marie rose sauce! But people think it's weird when the see me do it)
    my mum eats grapes and cheese and I think that's a bit weird
    mango pizza
  • DoubleUbea
    Options
    Ketchup and mustard is with some spices is Thousand Island dressing in the states. (add mustard and it is the special sauce McDonalds uses.
  • mazurkiepolish
    mazurkiepolish Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I drink the broth out of my soup before I eat the rest
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Eat ice
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Ketchup and mustard is with some spices is Thousand Island dressing in the states. (add mustard and it is the special sauce McDonalds uses.

I think you mean mayonnaise....
  • DoubleUbea
    Options
    Yes.
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I kinda lost my mind last night and made a la tortiila factory wrap filled with chocolate PB2, blueberry jam, apple slices, american cheese, chicken bacon, fresh mint, a couple crushed cashews and cinnamon. It was bizarre but freakin delicious 😉
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love to bit the very end off of a pretzel rod and then dip that end in Pepsi, let it soak up a little bit of it, and then eat the soggy pretzel part.
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    As far as I'm concerned, there is only one way of eating a pukka pie:
    - Take off the lid, eat or set aside (depending on how dry it is, I don't like it when it's super dry)
    - Trim off the top of the sides, so that it's level with the filling. Eat this pastry
    - Scoop out and eat only the filling (goes very nicely with chips)
    - Eat the rest of the pastry

I have a similar method for eating egg custard tarts
  • Jboogieonthefloor
    Jboogieonthefloor Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    dechowj wrote: »
    I love to bit the very end off of a pretzel rod and then dip that end in Pepsi, let it soak up a little bit of it, and then eat the soggy pretzel part.

I used to do this, except with root beer.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Options
    When I make tuna fish, I add pickle juice (prob like ¼ cup).

I add the peppercorns and the juice as well. Also a little Sriracha.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    Options
    NadNight wrote: »
    A couple of things that have raised eyebrows....

nutella and pringles
    mixing ketchup and mayo (it's basically marie rose sauce! But people think it's weird when the see me do it)
    my mum eats grapes and cheese and I think that's a bit weird
    mango pizza

nutella and pringles: My kids and I do this. We love nutella with most anything! We add it to our PB&J's.

mixing ketchup and mayo: When the kids were really young we would do the and call it crappy paddy sauce. We still do that. Try adding a little Worcestershire to it.

grapes and cheese: Fruit and cheese pair well with vino. Yummy!

mango pizza: Never tried it but I would. I may have to look up a recipe, we love grilling pizza. I'll have to try it next time we do.
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I take all the crust off of whatever I eat... Pizza , Bread, take the bun apart or take the top bun off of whatever I eat.
  • Momma6x
    Momma6x Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and pickle sandwiches. I eat mustard on my fried potatoes, mayo on my fries. Um, that’s all I can think of but I’ve been called weird a lot, lol.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I put lots of ice in my drinks, and eat the ice afterwards.