Pissing me off

So I've been good at weighing myself once a week and whenever it's my time to hop on the scale and I see that I've actually lost a couple pounds my girlfriend jokingly decides to get on the weight too and she keeps losing weight too. However I have been eating super healthy and counting calories while she hasn't been trying to lose weight and eats SO unhealthy. It makes me question whether or not it's worth it and it honestly makes me sad that her weight is dropping when she's overweight too but isn't trying to lose weight

Replies

• jessicafordy9
    jessicafordy9 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm in a similiar situation with my boyfriend. I'm putting it down to main meals since we have the same and I cook so everything has been healthy. He does still have chocolate, crisps and milkshakes which i've been avoiding but he's still losing weight.
    It really is unfair but I don't mind since we both need to lose weight (though I need to lose more).
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    You'll make it in the long run, she won't.

who says?

I said it. Why?
  • ck2d
    ck2d Posts: 372 Member
    Look up "squishy fat and whooshes" - it will explain so much.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    We are all different. Don't compare as aggravating as it can be. Are you exercising? Retaining water for muscle repair? Eating higher sodium foods? Etc, etc, etc.

I work my tail off in the gym and eat right and I feel like it is going slow, so slow. Don't compare...it's added stress that's keeping your eye off the prize.
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    I'm in a similiar situation with my boyfriend. I'm putting it down to main meals since we have the same and I cook so everything has been healthy. He does still have chocolate, crisps and milkshakes which i've been avoiding but he's still losing weight.
    It really is unfair but I don't mind since we both need to lose weight (though I need to lose more).

Men tend to lose weight faster than women because they have more lean muscle.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    So you are annoyed because she can just eat smaller portions of "junk" and lose weight while you feel you have to restrict/change more to lose weight?
    Everyone loses weight be reducing calorie intake or burning more calories.
    Some people go on restrictive eating plans and exercise a bunch and others just get smaller portions of what they usually eat and don't do much exercise.
    You do you.

My dh lost 30+ lbs without calorie counting or exercising. He just consistently ate less. I couldn't do that so I had to track food and exercise.