Pissing me off

Options

Replies

• ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    You'll make it in the long run, she won't.

Going by the Op's post I wouldn't bet on it.

How do you figure that?

When someone is questioning if it's even worth continuing doing what they're doing, based off of what someone else is doing, that shows where their head is at. The op has given control of the situation to someone else, which means she's set herself up for failure. When one is so easily influenced by others it shows a lack of commitment to ones self, which is crucial for long term success.

Sounds like you're quick to judge and that you're not interested in giving advice to someone that's looking for help.

Ironic post here.

The OP is too fixated on others, is putting too much emphasis on "eating clean" (which has no direct bearing on weight loss" and is likely lacking perspective in understanding that different people lose weight at different rates based on their starting points.

These are all hallmarks of an unsustainable approach to the long term requirements of weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight.

Just to be clear, my advice OP is, "you do you" and "find an approach that is sustainable for the long term".

Please explain the irony. I'm a little slow.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    you can either spend your time getting jealous of someone else's progress but you still have to work on yourself. Save the energy for taking care of you. Perhaps your friend is working harder at it than you think. some people dont have a sweet tooth or cravings for unhealthy food. they naturally will be slimmer, you may as well get mad at them too. those people who are slim and can eat like a horse and not gain a pound.
  • cara2411
    cara2411 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's the same in our house. I'm actively dieting, I want to lose another 13lb. My dh isnt dieting but he is eating the same main meal as me each night. He's been losing a bit of weight even though he eats more chocolate and crisps than me, I'm putting it down to the change in the types of foods that I'm buying and our healthier dinners.
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Be your own person,this too shall pass.
  • Mary90Mary
    Mary90Mary Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Don't compare yourself to others it is you yourself and your goals that matter. Even if she eats junk food and lose weight why does it matter to you. Maybe the method she is using is working for her but it might not work for you. You have a plan and you are losing weight so stick with it.
  • Senrak66
    Senrak66 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    have you been working out??? don't worry keep going soon you be look better and lose the weight you want. it take time. if you weight your self should weight the first thing in the morning when you wake up. i work out & diet for 2 months now but only lost 10 pounds but i looking great in the mirror.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Assuming you eat some of the same meals she's probably in a calorie deficit too, don't sweat it, be happy for her and maybe later on she'll adopt some of your eating habits spurred on by the success of just changing a few things. These things are a hell of a lot easier when your partner's on the same page as you it can be more discouraging if your partner is constantly trying to undermine your efforts or trying to sabotage your loss with guilt so you stop losing, don't be THAT partner. Embrace that you're losing weight together she's just having a different approach, you don't have to eat clean to lose weight you just have to eat less than you burn. :) x
  • Ty_Floyd
    Ty_Floyd Posts: 102 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

Someone that has goals and a plan are vastly more likely to succeed than someone that doesn't. There's nothing to argue here.

Unfortunately that's not true. My sister (older than me) at various times in her life has gotten a little overweight (10-20lb), which she notices when her waistband becomes too tight. When that happens she decides to cut down on her substantial bedtime snack until her waistband is no longer too tight. And that's it. Within a month or two she is back to normal and good for another five years or so. I don't think she owns a set of bathroom or kitchen scales and has never made a diet plan in her life. Some people are just naturally better at intuitive eating and they will never have to put more than a moment's thought into it.

On the other hand, most 'dieters' will fail and put back on all the weight they lose and more. Statistically speaking.

• ijsantos2005
    Options

How do you figure that?

When someone is questioning if it's even worth continuing doing what they're doing, based off of what someone else is doing, that shows where their head is at. The op has given control of the situation to someone else, which means she's set herself up for failure. When one is so easily influenced by others it shows a lack of commitment to ones self, which is crucial for long term success.

Sounds like you're quick to judge and that you're not interested in giving advice to someone that's looking for help.

Ironic post here.

The OP is too fixated on others, is putting too much emphasis on "eating clean" (which has no direct bearing on weight loss" and is likely lacking perspective in understanding that different people lose weight at different rates based on their starting points.

These are all hallmarks of an unsustainable approach to the long term requirements of weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight.

Just to be clear, my advice OP is, "you do you" and "find an approach that is sustainable for the long term".

The irony is you accused someone of being judgemental when you judged the OP's girlfriend knowing nothing about her

I did no such thing. I only used the information that was given by the OP.

Yes you certainly did. We have one side of the story. Then you judged the girlfriend would fail.
    rainbowbow wrote: »

How do you figure that?

Ironic post here.

The irony is you accused someone of being judgemental when you judged the OP's girlfriend knowing nothing about her

Yes you certainly did. We have one side of the story. Then you judged the girlfriend would fail.

This was my issue.

What's worse, OP is that you're in a loving relationship with this person. If anyone else is the world needs our support and love it's our partner.

How do you figure that?

Ironic post here.

You've jumped into this thread to white knight an OP who wrote a very frustrated yet somewhat shallow and not terribly supportive of her girlfriend message. You've suggested that anyone who isn't cheering the OP on up on her high horse is being judgmental.

That's irony.
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    And you know this how?
    There are lots of people in the world who don't eat super "healthy" and have just fine lifespans.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

You all are really missing the point that I was trying to make, are putting words in my mouth, and making straw man arguments.

If we take the information that was given, one person has a goal to lose weight and the other does not. The person that has the goal and is counting calories will eventually lose the weight they want, the other one will not. That was all I was trying to say.
  • ijsantos2005
    Options

How do you figure that?

Ironic post here.

I was judging the outcome, not the person. There's a difference.