Pissing me off

Replies

• InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    This has happened in my house too. My husband recently got complimented by a friend of ours because he was looking so trim - he's in no way overweight but has been dropping weight because I'm not ordering dominos pizza three times a week.

I think its pretty normal for both partners in a couple to either lose or gain weight together. It isn't a zero sum game. Just feel happy that she's losing weight too.
  • ijsantos2005
    ijsantos2005 Posts: 306 Member
    OP, accurate calorie counting is what's needed for weight loss. That's it. Eating clean doesn't work. I made my way up to 275lbs eating clean vegetarian.
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    You'll make it in the long run, she won't.

who says?

I said it. Why?
    It's BS, that's why.

Explain how?
  • ijsantos2005
    AliceDark wrote: »

who says?

I said it. Why?

Because there's no reason behind it. Why should she succeed but her friend fail? :

Because to do anything meaningful or important requires effort and consistency. Thus is life.

If I were a betting man, I would put my money on OP. The odds are against her friend.

You really can't ever compare your level of effort, which you see from the inside, to someone else's, which you're only seeing from the outside and in little snippets. We never actually know what someone else is doing or how their current activities compare to their past habits. The other person may be working very hard in ways that aren't obvious to the OP, or her past habits may have been so bad that any change is having a significant impact. It's also true that we can lose weight just by creating a calorie deficit, so it doesn't matter whether the other person is eating junk or not. Spending too much time focusing on what other people are doing just takes your focus away from yourself and your own path.

Someone that has goals and a plan are vastly more likely to succeed than someone that doesn't. There's nothing to argue here.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    edited July 2017
    ...accurate calorie counting is what's needed for weight loss. That's it.

I'm curious how you reconcile this statement with the hard time you are giving ljsantos2005 for saying pretty much the same thing? Either calorie counting is the key to success and ljsantos2005 is betting on the right horse by supposing that the person counting calories will have the long term success of the two in the relationship OR it is not true that "...accurate calorie counting is what's needed for weight loss. That's it."
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    I suppose you're frustrated because it feels like you are losing weight slowly. Keep doing what you're doing and don't give up. You won't succeed if you quit, guaranteed.
  • ijsantos2005

Going by the Op's post I wouldn't bet on it.

How do you figure that?
  • Carriebear174
    Carriebear174 Posts: 50 Member
    skeeewur wrote: »
    So I've been good at weighing myself once a week and whenever it's my time to hop on the scale and I see that I've actually lost a couple pounds my girlfriend jokingly decides to get on the weight too and she keeps losing weight too. However I have been eating super healthy and counting calories while she hasn't been trying to lose weight and eats SO unhealthy. It makes me question whether or not it's worth it and it honestly makes me sad that her weight is dropping when she's overweight too but isn't trying to lose weight

Im going through the same thing with my husband, he eats anything and everthing and is loseing weight and i eat salad and gain weight it just dont seem fair.He tries on clothes and they fit great i try on clothes and cant get them over my legs, sometimes i just go in my room and cry. Dont get discouraged it will happen for both of us, keep your head up and just rember you are a beautiful empowered women you got this
  • skeeewur
    skeeewur Posts: 11 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Weigh yourself when you are alone and don't make a big deal about it. Problem solved.

Or if she is really your friend, tell her you'd rather not be comparing weights as its a sore spot for you. And if she really is your friend, be happy that she is having some seemingly easy success.
    Weigh yourself when you are alone and don't make a big deal about it. Problem solved.

Or if she is really your friend, tell her you'd rather not be comparing weights as its a sore spot for you. And if she really is your friend, be happy that she is having some seemingly easy success.

I'm just wondering why because I am a girl and said my girlfriend you automatically assumed I meant she's a friend... it's 2017 if I say girlfriend then she's a girlfriend