WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options
1979899100101103»

Replies

• tiffaniedemayo
    tiffaniedemayo Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Barbie from NW Washington Our water has such an awful taste, even after I filter it with my Brita. It taste like pool water, and smells like the ocean. So, for a couple bucks I buy a case of Poland Springs water from Maine. I just really love my sparkling water, but with sucralose I didn't know if it counts as water, as I'm trying to drink 78 ounces a day. I've read that you should drink half you body weight in ounces, that's ten 8oz glasses of water a day! That seems like a lot!?!
    I am just curious if I can count this Clear & Sparkling as part of my water intake.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym - 12.13min, 132mhr, 14.4amph. 2.9mi = 97c
    apple watch- 104c
    ROWING MACHINE- 20min, 53aw, 139mhr, 3214meters-mi. = 120c
    apple watch- 56c
    ELIPTICAL- 10min, 906strides, 5incl-5resist, 90stpmin, 132mhr, 1.07mi= 87c
    apple watch-
    JOG- 2.06min, 7.7-7.5speed, 8.28min mi, 150mhr, .25mi = 52c
    apple watch-
    ride bike gym 2 dome- 6.30min, 125mhr, 13.1amph, 1.4mi= 49c
    apple watch- 43c
    ride bike puy 2 sumn sta- 13.48min, 140mhr, 13.1amph, 3mi= 123c
    apple watch- 131c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.50min, 152mhr, 9.25min mi, .5mi = 58c
    apple watch- 61c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5.13min, 10.12imin mi, 144mhr, .5mi = 54c
    apple watch- 53c
    ride dome 2 hm- 18.07min, 8.6amph, 144mhr, 2.6mi = 176
    apple watch- 151ce

totalcal 816
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    last workout at the Y.. I just found out the gym is opening up at 8am tomorrow only, not 5am when I need to get there.... soooooo. I guess I will ride from home to work to get some calorie burn in. at least I found out now.. I would have been pissed if I would have gone there just to find it was closed.

the bright side, is I will have a lighter backpack on my back
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) I just finished drinking my ninth 8 ounce glass of water for the day and am getting ready to go to bed. The new thread has been posted for September. Here is the link:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10593564/women-ages-50-for-september-2017/p1?new=1
  • scottballou04
    scottballou04 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just finished drinking my 6th ounce of bourbon. feeling great.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    I am posting this again to be sure you see it since someone who shouldn't be posting on our thread, intruded on our conversation.

:) I just finished drinking my ninth 8 ounce glass of water for the day and am getting ready to go to bed. The new thread has been posted for September. Here is the link:

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10593564/women-ages-50-for-september-2017/p1?new=1

• GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    So glad everyone's medical tests came back with such good news.

Clowe I also have never seen a blow out do so much damage. Thank goodness no one was hurt.

Margaret lovely painting - I also love pictures of flowers they make me happy and it's the only thing I feel I draw well!

Allie is Sean the brother? What kind of meds is he off? Hope the weekend is NOT full of drama and everyone can relax and enjoy themselves.

Becca what made your son and daughter in law decide to settle in Vancouver?

Barbie and Katla girl-waving-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

Dreamwriter a full grown pit bull in your lap - wish someone had taken a picture of that . . . lol

Heather you are so adventurous with your cooking - wish I were there to sample it!

DJ how goes the saga with DH & DD? Haven't heard anything lately so hope that means things are better <3

Mary you have a very smart husband!

Tiffanie I would count it in my water for the day.

Becca when my DGS joined the Marines we were not allowed to write to him for a certain amount of time - don't remember how long it was but it was so they would not get homesick or worry about what was going on at home. Glad to hear you have now received 4 letters!

Saturday my DDs with their families and step-son with his and I are heading to Ocean Shores for the day. The weather is suppose to be perfect over there and my DGSs have never seen the ocean so should be a fun day for all!
    I will take pictures to share.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. The boys are back to school next week. Hooray!!!

Love to all - Gloria in WA <3B)<3
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :)B)<3
  • tiffaniedemayo
    Options
    Ug... It's 5pm and I'm only on my 5th glass of water, but if I count my spakling water, I'm on my 8th. Gloria in WA, I think that's what I'll do, but still try to get most of my water consumption from plain water. :) I did some stair climbing, walking, and lifting so far, going to get on the health rider(or strider?) tonight, and watch Across the Universe!
    Happy Friday ladies!! TGIF
    Tiffanie in NH
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Come join us in the September thread! Barbie's last post:
    I am posting this again to be sure you see it since someone who shouldn't be posting on our thread, intruded on our conversation.

• tiffaniedemayo
    Options
    What an amazing experience this has been so far! I've logged into MFP for 48 days in a row! I started logging into MFP on March 7th to keep track of my food intake, to see what was making my sick, but by April 24th I stopped, because I wasn't able to eat solid food. So, off to my doctor's I went. My PCP had tests done for H.Pylori, gallbladder disease, liver, kidney, and thyroid problem, because of a family history of an autoimmune disease. Then, off to a gastroenterologist, the same one that dose my colonoscopy.
    What a joke he is, always taking pictures of my insides to show me, and telling my husband, that he's seen parts of me, that my husband will never see(hubby did not find the humour in that!). He asked me how long have I had reflux (or gerd), I told him I haven't had reflux since I was over 200 pounds(in 2007-8)! So....off to have an upper endoscopy with biopsies. Well, that was a disaster! They couldn't get the IV in, so they had to numb my arm, and stick it in the underside of my wrist with this odd looking metal tool, I thought I was going to pass out! Then they wheel me into the ER, awake! When I saw the tube that goes into my mouth, I freaked! I asked them (in my northern NH drawl), if they were gonna look at my colon too(only not as polite)! Well, that set to mood, they laughed, and put a paper tiara on my head, and called me queen b***h, then out I went!
    That was May 30, the day I was told I had a hiatal hernia, and Barrett's disease. After three weeks, I saw the gastroenterologist. He said the good news is the biopsies came back negative for Barrett's disease ( thank God in heaven!), the bad news is, loose weight, quit smoking, no caffeine, no fried food, no alcohol, and I was two days away from heading to Mt Desert Island, Maine for vacation! I was good tho, I didn't go to the wine tasting, or the gourmet coffee tasting shop, and ate my scallops broiled.
    So, now I feel great! Ive not had caffeine in 48 days, and I don't miss it. The gastroenterologist wants to see me in January, and wants to see me down to at least 150 pounds by then, and at 157 now, I'm pretty positive that I can loose that 7 pounds by the time I see him. He actually wants me to weight 135, but my PCP said 140 - 145 is fine. My blood glucose is finally normal, AND my hdl is normal, and my ldl is going down(a little)! I think I've finally come to the realization that I'm not 25, I DO have to eat right, and take my meds everyday. This is what brought me to MFP, and with a birthday coming up, plus a vitamin D3 deficiency, I decided it would be wise to become more involved with a community here. I'm a goofball, and I tend to ramble often, then sometimes I tend to just drop out of society for a few days. I get very overwhelmed easy, and am an emotional basket case. I love to garden, read, and love crafts. I'm a Harley girl at heart, hubby has a road king, and on the back is my favorite place to be. Im sharing this, as a way for me to open up. I'm not very good at daily sharing, but I will try to "pop in" often, and say hello.

Tiffanie in New Hampshire