WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,387 Member
    Options
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    20 min weights vid then 30 min Leslie Sansone with weights plus 70 squats (have to do 220 today)

Naughty yesterday too many carbs and wine but the that's my Tuesday date day with DH back on track today bit stressed about cataract op on Sat but counting my blessings as my BF son has a tumour on the brain thought he was getting better but it's grown. He's in his fifties I think with wife and 3 kids. Those who pray please say one for him

Kate UK :'(

Kate - don't you have a gallbladder removal coming up as well? So sorry to hear about your BF's son - prayers for him and the family. You are doing so well using the Leslie Sansone videos. I'll dig mine out when the rains start here this fall. I was always amazed to see how many steps registered from just walking within a small space!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    And the witching hour has begun ..
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    LANETTE- thanks for the prayers. I do the LS vids on youtube, I have got some actual discs but youtube means I can do exercise in spare bedroom while DH is in lounge where tv is. I still haven't heard about gall bladder op, wouldn't surprise me if they give me a date when I'm on holiday even though I told them when I would be away.

Kate UK <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    (((Tracie)))

Michele fresh lychee are sweet but not overly so. I think your right the canned ones probably have sugar added. The closest fruit the remind me of are grapes without skins. Same texture and similar flavor. YUM!

Tere fun shoes!

Karen sounds like that is how your son copes with his anxiety about his son. My DH tends to do the same thing. It is sad because right now you darling grandson needs someone to really listen. That is part of what his attempt was about. It sounds like your DS needs some education and support too on how to help his son. What he is doing is not it. Easy to see from a distance, but not when you are in the thick of it. Wrote this before reading your second post. I am sorry you DS is so difficult to talk to Again I am thinking of you darling grandson and daughter. It is their needs that need to come first not your son's. He is an adult and has many more resources to see his needs met. They do not.

Joyce understand your need to stay out of it. Good move.

M in Oz thanks for sharing the pictures.

Heather you bring back good memories from my visit there. I remember the air feeling so much drier there then here where I live and twilight at night because of the long days.

Quotes for Allie As long as you do no harm to yourself or others there is no wrong way to handle a crisis.
    Of course one of my favorites: Just because you see the hook does not mean you have to bite."

I have a good friend who is is in the middle of moving after 40 years. Overwhelming to say the least. I did help her one day sort through some books. I couldn't figure out why it was hard for me to help her. Then I thought about all the classrooms I had to move from. The kindergarten class room I inherited from a hoarder that took me two weeks of my own time to clean out with no help. Sharing a classroom with a hoarder. Trying to clean out my mom's house of 60 years when my brother had it hoarded. My own issues with clearing out and letting go. I have this bad habit or I am just about to get rid of something and then suddenly figure out a use for it. It doesn't matter it had been sitting unused for five years. All the times we helped DS move. Our own moves. I concluded I am moved out.

I took her out to lunch to get her away from all the mess. They are completely renovating their home before selling it under the advice of a realtor. Let's just say I don't want his number when we move. He promised them for every dollar the spend he will be able to get them two dollars. I think he is just trying to get an easy home to sell with them spending all the money and work. My friends loves cake, so I bought her a cupcake. She wanted us to share. When it came time she didn't eat any of it and didn't take her half home. I will not buy a dessert to share with her again.

:heart: Margaret
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,039 Member
    Options
    (((Tracie)))

Michele fresh lychee are sweet but not overly so. I think your right the canned ones probably have sugar added. The closest fruit the remind me of are grapes without skins. Same texture and similar flavor. YUM!

The best lychee I've ever had were right off the tree in Queensland on a cycling tour I did with a friend in 2004. It was December, and blistering hot and we were tired and thirsty so we stopped at this little shop with lychee trees around it. They had picked some and had them in big bags. I got something cold to drink and a bag of lychees ... and devoured the lot! :G

• Machka9
    edited August 2017
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    machka - happy birthday to your husband. What a neat tradition -- riding your age. Feel better fast

The cycling birth age tradition is a bit of fun ... and also gives me extra calories to work with!! :grin::grin:

Thank you to you ... and everyone ... for the well wishes. I saw the Dr today who gave me a certificate for the rest of the week. That's good because it means I'll rest and hopefully get better. :) It's been another soup and tea day.

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    436227peh2tec0ns.gif
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Katla and KJ You have NO IDEA how much I would like to speak to my son about how he approaches Griffin. I don't dare. One time I asked him if I could make a small suggestion about something I had observed about his communication with my daughter-in-law. He went ballistic and without me really knowing what was up, "invited" me to a therapy session with him, where he and his "therapist" proceeded to beat up on me. I was supposed to just listen and echo back what he was saying to me to be sure I understood my crime. It was a total ambush.

This is the same guy that wrote a letter to me after my partner and I started our relationship that was nothing short of ugly. He accused me of abandoning my family and friends for my partner (patently false) and used rhetoric that was damaging to our relationship with him. I have never figured out where that vitriol came from, but it was extremely damaging to my partner and I, and we have been very wary ever since.

Since then, my daughter-in-law has found her spine and holds her own with him. She can bring him to his knees, and believe me, that is a good thing. She is remarkable. My son truly adores his wife and children and they adore him, despite of his faults. Griffin just wants to please his dad, ever since he was a tiny boy, and it just doesn't happen very often. Not sure he adores me, despite our great relationship when he was a boy. I love him so much but as I said, I don't like the adult him very much. He turned from such a wonderful little boy into such an *kitten*. Part of the problem is, he is very intelligent and he IS right so much of the time, that when he gets on his Badger suit and starts haranguing it is just unbearable, because he is "right" in quotes, but he isn't really right because his approach is so wrong.

Ugh.

Glad to get that off my chest.

Karen in Virginia

p.s. this is a photo taken yesterday of my grandkids and their momma:

kjqwx8vdahfk.jpg

Just hugs, Karen. <3

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • Machka9
    Options
    The waves are loud tonight. There's only about a 1 metre swell at most, so it must be the direction they're coming in that makes them sound loud.

But I love it when they are loud ... love the sound of waves. :)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    Well guess who didn't show up to the deposition ,Tom and his lawyer..ughhh it's all going to come back and bite him in the butt.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Well guess who didn't show up to the deposition ,Tom and his lawyer..ughhh it's all going to come back and bite him in the butt.

Yes, it will. Hang in there.

Janetr okc
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,073 Member
    Options
    Allie I agree he is playing games with you. Breathe and have your lawyer handle it. Agree time to have him move out and change your locks before he does it to you. It is his problem to find a place to live.

:heart: Margaret
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options

This is ridiculous! I'm so sorry, Allie. Dragging it out isn't going to make it any easier for him.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • trulydivyn725
    trulydivyn725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My August Goals:
    ~ Stay under 1500 calories daily - not including exercise ---
    8/1 = 1,289 8/2 = 1,151 8/3 = 1,295 8/4 = 1,780 8/5 = 1,390
    8/6 = 1,323 8/7 = 1,454 8/8 = 1,275
    ~ Walk 5k steps daily ---
    8/1 = no app 8/2 = no app 8/3 = 3,980 8/4 = 4,675 8/5 = 7,306
    8/6 = 3,374 8/7 = 3,132 8/8 = 2,852
    ~ Plexus regimen ---
    8/1 = yes 8/2 = yes 8/3 = yes 8/4 = yes 8/5 = yes
    8/6 = no 8/7 = yes 8/8 = yes
    ~ WATER equal or exceeding 64 ounces ---
    8/1 = 80 oz 8/2 = 72 oz 8/3 = 64 oz 8/4 = 70 oz 8/5 = ??
    8/6 = ?? 8/7 = 66 oz 8/8 = 70 oz

Much love and respect from Vegas,
    Dorrie aka TrulyDivyn
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options

Becca How did your kids do in the apartment hunting? Hope they were successful. Glad you are enjoying their visit.
    One of you lovely ladies posts anchors. What do they mean? I'm sure as a newcomer, that I missed that. :)
    Have a great week everyone! Pray for our fires to stop please. thanks! Bear Lady Weez'[/quote]

Lady Weed, they found an apartment complex they like! More expensive than the place we have! I am happy for them! I post the anchors, just to save my place where I read to! Stay safe from the fires!
    Becca
    Oregon

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA ~ Thanks for sharing about your relationship with you son. My husband can be very over bearing…loud, in your face, etc…so I know what you mean. I decided many, many years ago that therapists were a waste of my money.

Pip ~ That is a great picture of you and Kirt with short hair. I like that on both of you.

Alison ~ So sorry you’ve been bamboozled again. Shame on T.

My DH’s BnL (who I have mentioned before as being widowed for over 40 yrs) is really giving us problems. My DH is the one he counts on to come when he is having health problems. Lately, he keeps calling to say he can’t get out of bed because his blood pressure is low and he feels dizzy. This is the third time my husband has had to go make sure he is all right. Second time this week. He has not bothered to call his doctor to let him know. DH told him he needs to get this taken care of because he may not always be there to come. He is 73 so not that old in our day and time.

Carol in GA