WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    RE (((hugs)))

Heather I remember seeing the Vassa amazing!

Dorrie prayers!

Janetr WOW!

:heart: Margaret
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Katla, thank you so much. I sometimes need these pics to remind me I DON'T want to go back there.

Your lunch meeting today sounds like so much fun. How great that you get to meet up with your friend from way back when. Enjoy :)

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    My daughter emailed me this pic last night, first I said who is this. Then I realized it was me and I cried. This was taken 11 years ago. I'm happy to say I think I look about 15 years younger today, not to mention how much BETTER I feel. My oldest daughter on the left, younger on right. I had no idea I looked like this. I am so thankful I took charge or my life and made changes. I was almost too embarrassed to share this. The second picture is what I look like now. I'm in the back on the right. I used this for my profile pic.

cux00sl7b3bu.jpg

dmqvr274q27v.jpg
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    My daughter emailed me this pic last night, first I said who is this. Then I realized it was me and I cried. This was taken 11 years ago. I'm happy to say I think I look about 15 years younger today, not to mention how much BETTER I feel. My oldest daughter on the left, younger on right. I had no idea I looked like this. I am so thankful I took charge or my life and made changes. I was almost too embarrassed to share this. The second picture is what I look like now. I'm in the back on the right. I used this for my profile pic.

cux00sl7b3bu.jpg

dmqvr274q27v.jpg

Hubba hubba!!!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Dorrie- prayers for your brother. Hugs and more prayers for you and his family.
    Heather- You will look lovely tonight, I am sure! Thanks for sharing your sights and knowledge on Stockholm and the Vassa. Enjoy your night!
    Janet- inspiring and beautiful inside and out; that is what you are.
    Pip- you and Kirby adorable then/adorable now!
    Beth- As I told Chris, you are so kind. Even though this is not my dream job, after 23 years, I'd better be good at it or get out. I am one of those people who doesn't do anything half-a**ed. 100% or nothing.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    DJ: I have a really similar situation going on here. My granddaughter is living here with my husband and I. She has been for over 3 years now, since she was 14. She is now 18 and she is not going down a good path. So we have the same kind of issues here. It’s really difficult and I spend much time in a state of anxiety and worry. I wish I had the magic answer. I don’t. I am too busy trying to keep my husband and I together and keep my house out of turmoil. Just know I am sending you positive thoughts, hugs and prayers.

Mary in Minnesota: Great picture of you with the babies! So cute! Are you moving to Arizona? (Forgive me, if I’m being nosy. I’m really far behind on what’s going on with everyone!)

KJ Thanks! I have been finding things to do to make vacation fun. DH has taken me fishing a few times now and being by the water really brings me peace, so that has been really fun. Tonight, I actually got him to go to the Downtown Farmer's Market with me! I got the most beautiful HUMONGOUS bouquet of flowers for $6. It is gorgeous! When I got it home, I didn't have enough vases to put them all in so ended up putting the whole bouquet in a soup kettle!!! haha! Kind of sounds weird but it actually looks pretty darn cool.

Barbie: Thanks for the tip on the book, "Goodbye, things". I have been reading Simple Abundance book and doing a lot of research on simplifying and minimalizing. I have more stress in my life these days than is healthy, and so I am trying to find healthy approaches to dealing with it. I’ll definitely look this book up!

Rori: I was looking at your August goals and found myself wondering how you practice Reiki daily? Is this something you learned to do somewhere or do you go to someone? I’m just starting to read and learn about essential oils, Reiki, massage, and other natural holistic practices, and Reiki intrigues me. Just curious because I wouldn’t even know where to start.

Heather: Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures with us. I’m living vicariously through you since I rarely get to leave the state of Wisconsin! Lol!

Dorrie: I’m so sorry to hear about your step-brother. I did say a prayer for him, and will keep him and your family in my thoughts. I have to say, I’m loving reading about your love story… and I also love your quote at the bottom of your posts. Your dad was very wise.

JanetrOKC:
    You are beautiful!

Today, it is rainy and gray, so it is the perfect day to sit and read my community threads and actually reply while sipping coffee and watching the birds at the feeder in the backyard. It’s almost noon and I have not even gotten out of my bathrobe yet! How lazy is that?! I’m thinking it is a perfect vacation day so far… I plan to putz around the house and do things I don’t normally have time to do when I’m working. DH is already retired (early due to injury) and does most of the housework, and sometimes it just gives me a sense of normalcy to do it. I’m thinking it will be a great day to clean up and organize my sewing area and perhaps even start a quilt. I’m going to cut up some fresh veggies and throw them together in a bowl with some seasonings and olive oil and try to work on eating more veggies. I really struggle getting them into my diet.

The Green Bay Packers have their first pre-season football game tonight and we live about a mile from the stadium, so it’ll be a fun night listening to the cheers and maybe even some fireworks afterward. This city pretty much revolves around the team. It’s also a huge source of income for the city.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and I’m going to try to be more of a talker on here and less of a stalker! LOL! I think I say that every month, but one of these times I’m actually going to achieve that goal!

Blessings!

Tracie in Wisconsin

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,702 Member
    Options
    Dorri,thinking of you and your family right now.
    I am at Park with Taliah made a picnic lunch,she is getting her energy out.will stop at Verizon store and then drop her off at her other grandpas house.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    JanetR - you look GORGEOUS, yes, younger, and much more important, happier and more comfortable in your skin. Love seeing these.

Lisa
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Janet
    You look fabulous! How much did you lose? It's so wonderful that you found the YOU inside! You glow with happiness!
    <3<3
    Dana
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hello friends,

Enjoying another quiet day until I go to work at 5:30. Getting ready to organize my chicken bean soup for the crockpot.

Dorri - Praying for your stepbrother.

Janetr - What an amazing transformation!

Dana - Congrats on breaking through that plateau!

Have a great day, everyone!

Toni in Middle Tennessee
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,751 Member
    Options
    OregonMother ... are marion berries like blackberries?

Pip ... short hair? Also loved seeing the Facebook vid. Nothing better than watching a black lab do his thing!

Allie ... I've been behind and just catching up on the difficulties Tom is creating. I'm thinking of you!

Heather ... you look great!

Toni ... hugs ...

Janetr ... you are just amazing!!

Dorrie ... praying ...

Michele ... hang in there!

I missed a lot of you, but know that I read and think of you all daily.

Beth

• janetr7476
    Options
    JanetR - you look GORGEOUS, yes, younger, and much more important, happier and more comfortable in your skin. Love seeing these.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa, it did not occur to me "more comfortable in my own skin" but yes, I think that's it!!! Off all meds and feel so much better and have more energy. Thanks for being such a terrific friend. <3

Janetr OKC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    L
  • janetr7476
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Janet
    You look fabulous! How much did you lose? It's so wonderful that you found the YOU inside! You glow with happiness!
    <3<3
    Dana

Thank you Dana. I lost 125# after gastric bypass surgery. I know some people think that's the "easy" way out, but it is far from it. There are some drastic changes you have to adjust to. I lost so fast I couldn't keep up with it, struggled to adjust to "me", even what I looked like in the mirror when I saw myself. I put on a brand new expensive coat my husband had bought me and I looked like a little girl playing dress-up in her Mom's clothes. I cried so hard, my husband put his arms around me and just held me. I had no idea in my minds eye, that I looked like that. Also, its hard to explain but it was like I lost an old friend and had to get to know the new me. Losing was easy after the surgery, 4 years of maintenance has been a struggle. No amount of surgery takes away the love affair with food that goes on in your head. :(

Thanks again for the kind words. Sometimes I need to look at the pics just to remind myself. This one hit me like a ton of bricks.

Janetr OKC