OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    @coastalgosgal 06ac9e956f590580772197c036d2f9f6--too-nice-i-too.jpg

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Felicia, sending positive good thoughts and big (((hugs))).

Janetr 0KC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Felicia stay true to yourself and don't let your husband's comments steal your dream

:)janetr , thanks for the reminder to all that weight loss surgery is a tool and not a magic wand

:) my next clutter cleaning tasks will be making computer files of recipes and throwing the paper away

<3 Barbie from beautiful smoky NW Washington
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Janetr- you are so beautiful and I am so proud of you. Sometimes I look at pictures and think, why am I so big? Anyway, we're doing our best to be healthy. Congrats for getting off all the meds.
    Felicia - sending good thoughts your way.
    Becca - ((((hugs))))
    Spent an extra 45 minutes at the pool this morning in addition to the hour aerobics class. It feels soooo good.
    Be back later
    SueBDew inTX
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello. I went to a spinning class (bike cycling) today--I may never go back. And I suspect I was mostly the youngest one there. I am getting no housework done when I exercise due to extreme laziness after. I have eaten a lot but seem to be holding the line and not creeping up on weight so...I need to be better on food and not give in to eating elsewhere than the kitchen at home. Well, off to do nothing. Hoping all is well where you are.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Becca ~ So sorry you are feeling down!

Felicia ~ Good luck on your interview.

Carol in GA
  • trulydivyn725
    trulydivyn725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My August Goals:
    ~ Stay under 1500 calories daily - not including exercise ---
    8/1 = 1,289 8/2 = 1,151 8/3 = 1,295 8/4 = 1,780 8/5 = 1,390
    8/6 = 1,323 8/7 = 1,454 8/8 = 1,275 8/9 = 1,114
    ~ Walk 5k steps daily ---
    8/1 = no app 8/2 = no app 8/3 = 3,980 8/4 = 4,675 8/5 = 7,306
    8/6 = 3,374 8/7 = 3,132 8/8 = 2,852 8/9 = 4,551
    ~ Plexus regimen ---
    8/1 = yes 8/2 = yes 8/3 = yes 8/4 = yes 8/5 = yes
    8/6 = no 8/7 = yes 8/8 = yes 8/9 = yes
    ~ WATER equal or exceeding 64 ounces ---
    8/1 = 80 oz 8/2 = 72 oz 8/3 = 64 oz 8/4 = 70 oz 8/5 = ??
    8/6 = ?? 8/7 = 66 oz 8/8 = 70 oz 8/9 = 56 oz

Much love and respect from Vegas,
    Dorrie aka TrulyDivyn
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Janet's, you look fantastic. Who is the lady who is sting on a chair opposite of you? You sure look alike.

My sister in law had a lap band and she couldn't keep up,with the weight looks because she didn't keep with the supplements. She lost a huge amount of weight but was no longer healthy. She had no energy so she laid on the couch all the time
    , got large pressure sores on her tail bone because she was pretty much skin and bonejust less than a year after her surgery. She almost died and was in ICU many days. She had to have her lap band removed and of course regained all of her weight loss. She has now lost some weight the right way.

Heather, you are so photogenic!

Last night when I was watering my plants, I noticed that one of my flowers had had all of its stems broken off the main plant. I am trying to channel my inner Mother in me and have the flowers in a glass in front of e window hoping I can get some roots to grow. The base plant and rots are still intact so I am hoping next spring it will all grow back. I also noticed I have several holes in my yard!

Joyce, Indiana
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    Hello, hello. I went to a spinning class (bike cycling) today--I may never go back. And I suspect I was mostly the youngest one there.

I had to chuckle at this. A couple weeks ago, I decided to go to the gym before work instead of after dinner. It was a completely different place! They had extra tables and chairs set up in the lobby with free coffee (!?!?! They charge us in the evening!) Newspapers. And clearly, I was 20 years or more younger than every other patron there. I was looked at very suspiciously. :lol: Everyone knew each other -- they were standing around chatting at the treadmills and cycling machines. Sitting and drinking coffee. I saw my ex-father-in-law swimming with a snorkel in the pool. :astonished:

I couldn't get over it. It wasn't that I felt unwelcomed but I just felt really self-conscious.

BTW, @josephinebowman -- how old is your son? My youngest is 11.

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,052 Member
    Options
    Felicia good luck!

I am going through old photos and trying to decide what to do with the negatives. I know they are flammable and wondering if I should just pitch them.

Joyce chipmunks, squirrels, and skunks can make holes in your yard and garden. It is annoying when chipmunks dig into my potted plants.

Becca ((Hugs))) What I wouldn't give for three healthy sons that are on solid paths to a good future. You are very blessed. They are lucky to have you as their mom.

:heart: Margaret
  • janetr7476
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Joyce, thank you so much, sweetie. The one standing beside me is my sister 1 year older than me. The one seated on the left ( that you refer to) is my sister 2 years older than me. I'm the youngest of six girls. The one seated next to her is her daughter. My sister 2 yrs older had a son killed in a car accident when he was 29 and her oldest grandson died in an accident a year ago. Poor thing has been thru a lot, she suffers with manic depression and has had pancreatic cancer.

I believe that weight loss surgery WAS the right way for me. As in any medical procedure you have to follow your doctor's advice and instructions or you pay the price.

Janetr okc
  • trulydivyn725
    trulydivyn725 Posts: 92 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ~ Janet - you look AMAZING by the way! Congrats on your success!

~ Tracie - yes, my Daddy was a very wise man, and my best friend until the day he passed away...I miss him deeply every day...he was the original love of my life, and that didn't change - perhaps still hasn't - since every man in my life cannot measure up to my Daddy! LOL!

~ Becca - I'm sorry you're hurting for your babies...I completely relate to that! HUGE HUGS!!

So far, no updates on my step brother. No news is good news is how I'm taking it. That, and they know I'm at work. But, no Facebook updates as of yet, and no phone calls. Hoping and praying all the prayers work! He's a neat guy born in the wrong era. Old soul with a brilliant mind, even somewhat odd. To know him is to love him. He's tired, I know he's tired. I'm worried about his son, who is mid 20's and very co-dependent on his father for everything. He has a mental illness that makes it difficult to care for him, but my step brother has always done so graciously and without complaint. That's one of the topics of discussion around the family table last night, and me on video chat - what to do with David if Scott passes. My youngest step-sister has agreed to take him in and be his caregiver, since Scott and David lived with her for over a year when he fell sick over a decade ago. Two of her sons are on their own now, and the last son is severely disabled, requiring full time care. David could perhaps assist with that. Anyways! I'm hopeful...

Side note, my first colonoscopy is tomorrow. Guess who wants to be there with me tonight while I take the gooky stuff? I have horrible anxiety about having to camp out in the bathroom already, and this hero is doing his best to ensure I feel comfortable. Yep, you guessed it! Mr. Handsome aka Prince. His direct quote was, "Dorrie, you're going to have to get used to someone caring enough to wash your socks for you, and if I have to clean up after you too. Your daughter can help me if she feels the need, but I've been wiping my own behind longer than she has so I have that going for me"...he's insisting on being there for the procedure too. It's at noon, and my daughter works graveyard. She is emphatic she's going to be there. Now I have a dilemma on how do I get her AND Mr. Handsome to agree that they BOTH care and are capable of taking care of someone who is very prideful and independent? LOL! So, I called in reinforcements. I called my son, who's birthday is a week before Mr. Handsome. Both Sagittarians...both stubborn and magnanimous as well as charming. He was rolling on the floor laughing at my dilemma and called his sister this morning after I talked to him. She called me immediately after that and was in tears with indignation claiming I didn't need or want her there. I solved it all FAST and put both my kids and Mr. Handsome on a conference call - mind you, my daughter has not met or talked to him, but my son has briefly. So, how did he handle two grown adults who are very used to being the center of the universe of their Mom? FABULOUSLY!

I get them all on the phone and it went like this; "okay look, you guys can't all fight over who's gonna go to the hospital, be there tonight, etc. We need to figure it out, together, right now!" --- the pause, then my son speaks up; "Sis, this guy seems cool, did you know he said he'd wash her socks? WHO DOES THAT?" --- more pause, then Mr. Handsome; "I'm not trying to take away anyone's roles and responsibilities, I'm just letting your Mom know I'm not going away and she can't scare me off by using you two either" --- my daughter snorted and said, "you don't know how easy that would be" --- son, "you're on your own with that one Sis, I have a good feeling about this guy, even with him listening" --- daughter; "we're tired of her being hurt, so we block anyone we don't think is worthy. What's your story?" --- Mr. Handsome; "guess you'll have to ask me tomorrow at the hospital unless you're cooking dinner tonight, then I'll be there at 715pm right after your Mom gets home" --- me; "I CAN'T EAT DINNER!" --- daughter; "oh yeah, that's right, so I'm cooking something especially delicious and Mr. Handsome can have your portion" --- me; "you're so MEAN!!" --- Mr. Handsome, "babe, we can save it for after the procedure because you're gonna be hungry. By the way, I'm staying with her tonight, so hopefully there's room on the couch" --- son, "there's room" --- daughter, "uhmmmm HELLO! We need to talk about this Mom" --- me; "I got nothin' ... I really like him ... what's for dinner?" --- Mr. Handsome, "whatever it is, I won't eat in front of you honey" --- daughter, "geeez, is he always so nice to you Mom?" --- son, "isn't that what we wanted for her Sis? give him a break" --- daughter, "715pm huh? Guess I better let the rest of the family know we're having company" --- me; "so I expect you to behave daughter" --- Mr. Handsome, "even if she doesn't, I already like her because she's protecting her Mommy. She's spicy and obviously cares, that's important. I'll be the one on MY best behavior. She can show me where your sock drawer is!"

We all laughed, and I'm guessing Mr. Handsome is sleeping on the couch while I'm up and down all night in the bathroom...YYEEESHHH!
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Aw Becca, I feel for you. You are such a loving and loved mom!

Having a quiet day of errands and laundry, tomorrow afternoon we leave for a 3-day trip to Montreal.

NYKAREN

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    Options
    {{{{{Margaret}}}}}

{{{{{Becca}}}}}

Felicia ... thank you for the horticulture lesson! :)

Beth near Buffalo who is procrastination at the moment ...

• janetr7476
    Options
    Beth, I need you to come to my house to organize my recipes like that. I've been trying to talk myself into it for several years. It's a daunting task. Good job you.

Janetr okc