WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rye in TX: My DH agrees with your idea for the water hose completely. He also wants to put the hose in the garage. My problem with that idea is that I use it daily, more often than once, to be sure that my dog doesn't leave disgusting messes that impact our next door neighbors who are 10 feet away at the nearest point. Our homes are built with a bump out for kitchens and are slightly offset from one another so the space between homes seems adequate for privacy and we don't see directly into each other's windows. We share the same sidewalk, which is halfway between our homes, and the dog sometimes makes a mess on it. I consider that my responsibility & I want easy access to my water hose. :ohwell:

Becca: I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. :smiley:

nanahana: Welcome! :star:

I'm having a quiet day at home with is no riding lesson. My teacher has to work at her part time job today so she is unavailable. She is a very busy woman. This is a good thing for me today since I don't want to be away from my restroom in case last night's tummy trouble kicks back up. :ohwell:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"That which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) Every Friday morning I wonder why I took on teaching the beginner line dance class and at 11:30 I am so excited about how much fun we all had.

:)Tracie I meditate every morning soon after writing in my gratitude journal. Both those practices make a huge difference in my responses to what life hands me.

:)Allie , your staying with Faith is a winning plan for all of you. I know you are all grateful.

:)Heather , Line dance and great scenery-'who could ask for anything more?

:) Today Jake talked to a guy who will come over next week to give us a bid for doing the concrete patio before the end of the month. Much better than the guy who couldn't do it till October.

<3
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm doing ok, but in somewhat low spirits.

So, I prob won't be adding my pic to all I'm seeing here as I am hating the way I look - but I keep holding on to the fact that I am much healthier and look better than I did in March.

So my current schedule is Swim approx 1 hour/1 mile (I'm quite slow) M, W, F, Sa. Aquafit class on M &F and on W if I feel like it (W instructor not great). Bodyweight strength exercise program on T, Th, and Su. October there is a cancer research charity swim I'm planning on doing - I now feel confident I can complete the swim without making a "kitten" out of myself.

I've been eating well and within calorie allotment since April -- and I'm proud of my progress, but it seems like minimal progress for a lot of work, and that depresses me. At this rate I won't hit my target weight (the weight where my BMI is 'normal') until next summer. 20 pounds took over 5 months to lose and the next 30 seem like I'm digging a hole with a teaspoon instead of a shovel.

It is getting so much harder, I'm hungry ALOT, and I don't dare eat less than the 1100-1200 I am generally having. ( The calculators all say I should be losing almost 1 pound a week 1200 cal/ sedentary but that was not the case) Still, I calculate myself to be in about 5000 calorie deficit a week - so why is my weight loss barely coming in at 1/2 pound a week? WHINE, WHINE, WHINE. Seriously tho, I'm worried because those 20 were so hard to lose- I just don't know if I can keep up this exercise pace (around 14 to 15 hours a week) and minimal eating.

As always, the hot flashes are very bad.

But, today I'm grateful for underwater safe MP3 players. Swimming laps with music is much more fun for me. And I'm grateful my mom insisted in getting all her kids swim lessons. So grateful - I can't imagine not knowing how to swim (really swim). And I'm grateful for cool swim pools to keep the hot flashes at bay. Oh, and swim caps. I'm very grateful to whoever invented the swim cap.

Rye in TX

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)<3Rye in TX, Do not be discouraged. If you are losing, then you aren't gaining. If you are eating only foods that nourish your body, you are contributing to long term health and fitness. Also consider adding a few nutritious calories on days when you workout more. Your body needs fuel to operate. How great to have an mp3 player that works when you swim. I listen to music, podcasts, and audio books when I walk so I can walk for hours and the time flies by.

:) Barbie from NW Washington where it is not as hot as Texas
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    K
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Rye - It doesn't matter how slow you are swimming, you are making purposeful movement and that is all that matters. Are you sure you are eating enough with all your exercise? I know that is seems counterintuitive, but sometimes eating more can kick you over the hump. Hang in there and let us know when you need encouragement.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies. It is in the upper 70's today. I sure wish these dark cloudy skies would go ahead and rain. But the temp in wonderful.

Ok gardening ladies. One of my new plants has these holes in the leaves. What could it be and do I need to clip off those leaves. When I water everyday I do make sure I water not only the roots but the leaves I case there is some kind of bug on it. I am enjoying the flowers that some animal decided to clip off one of the plants. They are thriving here in the living room. I like it the way plants seem to seek out the sunlight and that's how they grow. We should all seek out the sunlight. Safely but I'm the sun light.

Kate, I can't imagine loosing a child. How old was this child? I know losing my children at there age sometimes happens to people who are 40 but I can't imagine a young child. I do wish that I remembered my sister. She died when she was 20 of cancer. I was 16. I guess I was so much into being a little kid with my younger brothers and then the closeness I had with my sister that is 18 months older that I don't remember much of Donna. Don't we wish we could turn back time.

Heather, you look so photogenic. Have you ever sent us pictures of what your cabin looks like? Who are the naked dudes in your second picture?

Pip, of course your hair is your choice and your lifestyle has a lot to do with it but I lov your short hair. I can't remember who said it but it does excuse confidence. I also like Kirby's short hair. Just so much more sexy!

Joyce, Indiana
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,703 Member
    Options
    afternoon again ladies~
    whooo hoooo got my computer back, and now I Can finally see what im typing...
    fed Faith and got her nighttime pills into her and fed Buddy the dog... now just catching up with you all..
    One good thing about me being up with Faith is that it is basically me and the dog.. I have been with Tom so long and your in a routine ,so its nice to learn how to be with yourself again...
    the condo hasn't sold yet so thats a good sign.. hoping it works out on my end...
    Kate -UK my condolences, so very sad to se a young person pass, my Godson was only 20 when he died and he was drinking and driving... so hard on a parent to bury a child...
    think I will sit out on the porch until dark and soak up the fresh air, there is a butterfly bush right in front of me, and there are butterflies all over.. just stunning
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Becca Don't cry. It's just been a few months since you've seen your son.
    I haven't spoke to my son in California for 2 and a half years. The last time his girlfriend put him on the phone and it lasted for less than a minute. He's in a biker gang and if he's in jail I'll hear from him. So, no news is good news, you know?
    Just be happy knowing you can talk and receive letters from them.

<3<3<3
    Dana

Awe sorry you aren't in touch with your son! I haven't seen my eldest since last Christmas, and that seems like a long time.. Yep I guess no news is good news in your case. Just because he's in a biker gang doesn't mean he can't still appreciate his Momma though! Even the most scariest bikers still have a soft side! We had a lot of bikers at the nudist resort we attended in California. Once a year we had a car and bike show. The motorcycles in the parade, with nudey people on towels riding! Haha!

Becca
    Oregon
    Not crying today!
  • pacward124
    pacward124 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Beautiful!!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    :)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Karen - is that Olivia & Mom? That's pretty cute!!! <3
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,340 Member
    Options
    Katla - Who owns that 60' hose your neighbor uses? If it were mine, I'd unhook it and HIDE it and get a little stretchy coiled hose to rinse off the sidewalk - some of them stretch quite far. I would hate to deal with a 60' hose - they are heavy, they are trip hazards, they kink and cause cussing!

If it wasn't mine, I would unhook it and take it to the owner, saying these large long hoses are trip hazards and furthermore, we should not have to use our metered water to water community plants. Perhaps she isn't aware that your spigot isn't "free" water and the prez of the Homeowner's Association isn't doing his duty getting the sprinklers taken care of?

When I worked for a little water department before I retired, we had folks who stole water from other folk's spigots - they were generally too cheap to buy their own for even household use. The water department gave the homeowner a credit and advised them to call the cops next time they saw a hose that wasn't theirs drawing water from the spigot.

Where do you pay your water bill? You might alert them you are aware of the situation and ask them for advice as well. You don't want to be on the hook for an extra $100 of water you didn't use.

Sorry you are going through this. I hate neighbor spats!! Good luck!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Lanette It's Olivia and a relative of Dad's. Niece, I think. Olivia is sitting up by herself and loves her little musical instruments.

Heather LOL! Internet Trolls. or Trollops...or Trollettes! Here I am: troll-face-meme-smiley-emoticon.gif

Kate So sad, condolences.

Dorrie Hope your brother-in-law comes through this. Healing thoughts.

Janetr Wowza! Girl, that is nothing short of amazing!

Hugs to everyone

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,548 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

**new wahoo hrm :0) **

apple watch-

bike ride hm 2 gym- 11.19min, 135mhr, 15.5mph. 2.9mi = 85c
    apple watch- 110c
    Plyometrics exercises- 3sets of 10ea, 143mhr, burpees, squats, running stationary lunges, squats w/jump, single leg toe touches, ceiling to fl single leg touches, squats with Jump, hamstring leglifts, push-ups, all 4's elbow to knee, reverse bicycles, leg lifts, pelvic lifts, crunches, sit-ups, on butt-knees to chest, on side, leg lifts, l shape, on side, leg lifts, to back, on side, leg lift, inner= 221c
    apple watch- 232c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.02min, 130mhr, 14.1amph, 1.4mi = 57c
    apple watch- 63c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.11min, 137mhr, 12amph, 3mi = 119c
    apple watch- 126c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.52min, 142ahr, 151mhr, 9.35min mi, .5mi = 61c
    apple watch- 59c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.39min, 10.21min mi, .4mi = 59c
    apple watch- 56c
    bike dome 2 hm up Mst- 18.03min, 8.2amph, 152mhr,2.4mi = 163c
    apple watch-161c

total calories
    wahoo - 765c
    Apple Watch- 807
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA I love it, Trollettes. I think we need Tee-shirts :)

Oliva is sitting there like a pro. What a sweetheart.

Thank you so much for the encouragement <3. I sometimes have to dig out the old pictures to remind my self why I can't give up now.

Janetr okc