WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Read my youngest first letter over with an open mind and heart, and it didn't drive me to tears this time. He questions himself, and if he should be there. We all have doubts in new situations, new jobs, new homes. It's human nature to question. Our brains mulling over the facts. So I suppose if he DIDN'T have doubts then I would really worry. I suppose my desire or need to find sympathetic words, words to comfort me, was pretty selfish. Life doesn't all revolve around you Becca, reality check. When we think we have it bad, there is someone always worse off than you. I am blessed. It takes one of you dear ladies to state the obvious. I am great in planning my tea for one pity parties.

So I rallied my family and they are sending cards to my son. I have friends doing it as well. He will realize that he has fans all over, wishing him the best as he conquers boot camp! My cousin who lives in Russia, sent me a FB message stating that though she would love to send him a letter, his commanders might not like him getting correspondence from Russia. True!

I appreciate you all! We seem to all be in one transition or another, but that's called living. Always changing, reinterpreting, growing, and adapting. It is nice that you have my back though!

Love ya alls!
    Becca
    In positive city in
    Oregon

xoqgsx48mkna.jpg
    Ha!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    B)

Lanette
    SW WA State waiting for some rain!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Afternoon my dear Friends,

The cutest little Labradoodle puppy just walked its owner down the street. Our dogs alerted us to the intrusion. I think it is about ½ grown.

MicheleNC, there are so many songs you could use. If you want to reference family how about: Family Affair, Daddy’s little girl, Daughter by Pearl Jam, Butterfly Kisses, Baby Girl – Sugarland, Daughters - John Mayer, In My Daughter's Eyes - Martina McBride, Mama’s Song-Carrie Underwood, …..or just a song the two of you like. Trust me, no one will remember what song you come out too. Lol How many shower favors were you planning to make? I thought there was going to be one for each person? Like you don’t have enough stress with Denise, you have to have Vince chime in. (((Hugs)))

Joyce, cute pics. Aren’t cats and toys just such fun!

Becca, the blue flowers are just beautiful. That is my color!

Marti, how dare you delete MFP from your computer. I mean I understand taking a break but good grief. Really, I’m glad you are back so sit back and relax with us.

Lisa, egg is just such a beautiful girl. I see you aren’t resisting her being on you and who would?

Heather, what a beautiful picture. Enjoy your time in Russia. I can’t wait to see you in your new hat. :)

CarolGA, glad they found the Pom’s problem and it’s something you can treat. He’s young for a small dog.

Dorrie, I’m happy for the good report on the colonoscopy. It sounds like Mr. Handsome is a good guy.

Allie, along with everyone else, I’m so proud of you and excited for you. Buying furniture is fun but you will be taking some from the house won’t you? And what is your guess as to what will happen to the Florida property? You just keep moving forward. (((Hugs))) I agree with Barbie to get the bare minimum until you have been in for a little while.

CarolGA, that little cheerleader is so cute! Thanks for sharing.

Pip, you are the bomb! Congrats on all the donations.

Rye, I’m 70 and I’ve never ridden more than a 3 speed bike. My DD had one with 20 something speeds and I had no idea how she rode it. And I don’t have what you have, so ease up on yourself. Just do the best you can and no one can ask for more. And yes they still make a 1 speed bike.

Lanette, I wish I could send you some of our rain. It just keeps coming.

Kate, glad the eye surgery went well. Thanks for reporting in.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

My back has been bothering me all day. Normally after my pain pill in the morning it improves but not today. I think the rain isn’t helping. So it’s been a do nothing but read and watch TV day and I hope tomorrow is better.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    DJ (Janett #1) I sure hope you back feels better quickly. Nothing is more miserable.

Kate UK Glad the cataract surgery is over with. I had mine done 4 or 5 years ago. They put special lenses in to correct my horrible astigmatism I had and I can see so so much better. I love it.

Becca Our grandson just graduated from the very same Navy bootcamp (well its thing its the only Navy bootcamp now days) about 4 weeks ago. Same thing with him, after the first week he was ready to throw in the towel. I think that's very normal. They do all the can to demoralize them that first week. He's made of stronger stuff than that, just look at his Mama and Dad, he's got this girl friend. Biggest Hugs ever (((hugs))) <3

Janetr OKC - where is s rainy, rainy, rainy
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Um this pic is not it, just a cool bike!!
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    ha ha ha I just snooped in Toms attache case, and what do I find ,but a prescription of little blue pills , Oh dear lord...
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

jog- 9.46min, 5.4-8.1sp 9.46min mi, 132ahr, 156mhr, 1mi = 104c
    Apple Watch- 118c
    other- 40 min, 1 side of basketball court, single leg floor to ceiling single leg touches w/5# weights; 11sets of 5each, squats w/jump, single leg squats, 8 sets 5each, jumping jacks, squats w/jump, and fast walk backwards, scissors, etc.. 153mhr, = 139c
    Apple Watch- 171c didn't record all the way

total cal 453
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    DD's birthday today. She is packing to go to Panama tomorrow. We will get up and get her to the airport early and then go to church. Taking her out for dinner tonight. DS and DGD will be there too. Today was cooler and cloudy this morning. DD and I went to the co-op for customer appreciation day, 15% off on everything. Got good deals on lots of stuff we use. Also got some mowing and yard cleanup done while it was cool. Horses are out in the front pasture where we have been doing some watering so it is not so dusty and there is a little green to eat. Our baby goats love blackberry leaves. They will strip them right off the vines, so we have been cutting them and throwing them over the fence into their enclosure.

Felicia - Congrats on the promotion.

Heather - Love the pictures. Sounds like you are having a grand time.

Allie - Glad you are spending on you now but go easy until you find where you will land permanently.

DJ - Hope your back feels better soon.

Pip - Congrats on meeting your goal!

Lisa - Love Egg. Her cattitude just comes shining through.

Becca - That is quite some bike.

Karen - Love the pic of Olivia. She looks so intense.

Katla - Hope you work out the hose problem to your satisfaction and find something fun to do today.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Rye That proprioception thing must be a bit frustrating. I'm sure you have figured out ways to compensate for it, but still...(((hugs)))

Allie Add me to the list of women on this thread who are proud of you.

Dorrie Glad the colonoscopy is behind you LOL!

Heather I am vicariously enjoying your trip. So fun!

Katla I would be peeved over the hose/water situation too. You could suggest that your HOA fees be waived in exchange for using your water and hose, LOL! Our HOA fees are waived because we eased some land for a walkway from the street to the common area, and have to tolerate people walking and stopping along the edge and back of our property going to and from the common area. Believe me, I would rather pay the HOA dues.

Carol Such a cutie pie granddaughter!

Olivia was born Feb 7, making her 6 months old. She is very serious about sitting up and making music! cheerful-dancing-baby-smiley-emoticon.gif

Karen in Virginia
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Uh oh - prednisone mood change - angry >:) I wondered yesterday what was wrong then I looked up side effects and there in bold letters - mood changes - why couldn't i have the euphoria?
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Single gear bike from Wal-Mart (the Marines put them together at Christmas); so I buy one already put together. Live on dirt road, so needed wide tires. First time I was on it, went to 'pump up a hill' and the handlebars gave way. Flipped over them and landed on my back about the same time my bike landed tires up. Grandchildren were with me and I started laughing at the 'dead bike in the road'. When they realized that I wasn't hurt, they started laughing, too. Took it back, all the bolts were stripped because they had put them together with a power wrench. Told them they'd probably have a lot of 'returns'. They put it back together with a hand wrench.

Funny thing about weddings. Louis's daughter's Mama wanted her husband to walk her down the aisle; she wanted her Dad, she ('ex') wanted both to walk her, she refused. So it was agreed that after the bride & groom did their first dance, that she'd dance with him. Her step-Dad came over to dance with her to a song; and, about 5 seconds later, it 'turned' into "My Heart Belongs to Daddy" and she dropped her arms and came back to dance with her Dad. Her Mama was 'not happy about it'. But, that was years ago, now we don't even see or talk to them.

I'm probably going to take a break for a while.

Lenora
  • spiritbear555
    spiritbear555 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Great news...got up this morning at 4 a.m. to place and start the sprinklers (with the unusual heat there are only certain times we are allowed to water) and what did I see in the sky? STARS! Yes, for the first time in so long, the smoke haze has cleared. Yaaay. And our hot weather is subsiding. Great! The next week our high will be 24C (78F) Ahhhh. The fires in BC are still going, but our area is now smoke free for a bit anyhow. To give you an idea of how devastating the fires have been- over one million acres have been burned, over 50,000 people have had to leave their homes, and there are still over 40 wildfires blazing in different areas of BC. Second worst fire season in history here. Grateful for fire-fighters who have come from all over the world to join ours in the battle. Our province is so huge with so many forests. Besides the people, I feel sad for all the wildlife who have lost their lives and homes.
    Rye Try to not feel down on yourself. I agree with everything Chris said. We all have our times! I have done so well since June and stayed on a strict diabetic diet and then yesterday had for dinner: 2 ice-cream sandwiches and a piece of apple pie. Auuugggh, but instead of beating myself up about it as I would have in the past- I just put it behind me and carried on today back on track! I suspect you are not eating enough. When my weight loss slowed, the nurse I see monthly told me I was not eating enough calories and that my body would then hold on to the weight. She upped me to 1700-1800 and I lost 7 lbs in the last two weeks!
    Becca Will send your son a card of positivity. Don't worry about your pity party! We all have them. I laugh when I have one but relish in the pitying at the same time. As long as we don't hold on to them, and you haven't, we're fine.
    Your blue hydrangea are gorgeous! So is your lovely thick hair. Thanks for explaining the anchors as your place-keeper. As I read back about your son being in the military I thought 'oh, the anchors must be some special token about her son!' lol
    Peach I am jealous of your Thursday rain. We have not had a drop since the first week in JUNE. Who would ever have thought anyone on the WEST COAST would be craving rain?!! We are supposed to have showers tomorrow morning and I'm excited about it! ha ha
    Dorrie Prayers for your step-brother in ICU. Hoping he will recover. It is amazing what they can do for hearts now. Mr. Handsome sounds very special.
    DJ What is wrong with your back, do you know? I look after my Mom who has severe spinal arthritis and know how debilitating back pain can be! Hope yours is improving.
    Rori How's the biking? :)
    City Jane Your husband's comment about the trolls made me laugh! Never even occurred to me that there
    could be trolls here. Before working with grizzly bears, I taught Kindergarten and grade one for a few years and seem to have inherited their natural naiveté. :)
    So much more I could say to so many of you inspirational ladies. Have a great weekend! Thanks for all you share!
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Home from work and skimming through all your news, ladies!

Love, love, love all the pictures!

Pip- I like your hair long. But I love it short! Somehow it goes with "Pip" better to me. Either way do what makes you happy.You're gorgeous either way.

Thinking of all of you this evening and so thankful for this group. Hugs for those of you who are down or hurting and cheers for the ones who are marching on to fitness!

TNToni
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • coastalgosgal
    Options
    Thanks Spirit bear!! Much appreciated! Yep I might have the best dramatic pity parties ever, but I do get back to a normal. Like the instrument panel in an airplane, the line of horizon can dip low, or sail up high, (I am a Gemini donchaknow), but I do know how to level out and soar.

Thanks, I appreciate you!
    Becca
    Oregon