WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Pip~ yup found the bottle in his attache case lol, picture took, and printed and in my purse for the lawyer..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    Pip~ yup found the bottle in his attache case lol, picture took, and printed and in my purse for the lawyer..

if they were in the bottle they came in, you could get the name of the drug and google it 2c what it is for
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Awe Allie, please take that video with humor as it was intended and not mean spirited. You know I see the world with a clown nose on my face half the time! Hugs!
    Becca
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,925 Member
    Options
    :)Rye . I have a recumbent exercise bike in the middle of my living room facing the TV. When my husband and I watch TV, I ride the bike or I ride it while reading or listening to an audio book or podcast. No matter what the weather, I can burn calories. I don't belong to a gym because getting there is too much of a hassle for me. Good luck finding a plan that works for you . I walk early in the morning when it is cool. I bought some dumbbells to do strength training and I have a yoga video

<3 Barbie from beautiful drizzly NW Washington
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,753 Member
    Options
    Rye .... you are not stupid. Motivating ourselves and beating ourselves up are two different things. At 55, I've decided it's time to stop calling myself names. Fat. Stupid. Uncoordinated. None of these labels has ever helped me. And I'm sorry someone was able to upset you ... they were ignorant in more ways than one.

Pip ... you're beautiful with either long or short hair ... but I think the short is sassier and sexier ... just sayin'

Kate ... very sorry to hear of your friend's loss ...

Beth near Buffalo

• jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies. You guys make my day! I laugh reading your posts. Wome I am in awe over how you do what you do. Love the stories of campfires, raging streams, foreign travel, kids, hair cuts, sibling problems. I love everything.

Church was good. Several of my friends on vacation. My best friend there, her and her husband were in them choir and dropped out due to his eye health, they ,I've to travel and I think that is the real reason they dropped out.

Healthier I have often wondered if you had the opportunity to travel all the time except for time with grand kids if you would do that. You love this cruise ship. I have read of senior citizens who just live on them.

I am fighting taking a nap. Decisions, decisions. Joyce, Indiana
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all good wishes for my friends loss and for my eye surgery. Went to town and bought a pair of reading glasses only £1 (we have a few pound shops) they are great I can read these posts today but yesterday I had to use magnifying glass.

Only thing can't do as much exercise especially not weights for a couple of weeks anyway will need to do more walking

Kate UK
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Heather you should write for a travel magazine or the cruise company. I'm sure many people would want to travel to where you've been based on your eloquent writings. I feel like I can see exactly what it was like through your words.
  • trulydivyn725
    trulydivyn725 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Ladies --- quick update before I run out the door again...THANK YOU to all who have been keeping my step brother Scott in your thoughts...I haven't heard any improvement updates, so I'm going with assuming no news is good news and they will let me know when he wakes up...my step siblings and step Mom are all there round the clock with him in ICU and I'm relying on infrequent texts from Mom and posts on FB to update/inform me as they have no cell reception at the hospital in ICU of course. My step sister works there, and has been very complimentary of how the family is being treated and accommodated throughout this ordeal...

As for the colonoscopy comments, you guys crack me up with all the "hope it's ended well" type responses...every thing here is fine on my end...hahahaha...seriously tho, the worst was the cleanse and the nasty bruise on my arm from the IV. As for Mr. Handsome, we've spent a LOT of time together since Friday and I needed a break this morning for things like laundry and homework, etc. I'm slightly overwhelmed and needed to breathe for a minute. He's not overbearing, just a little enthusiastic and attentive. He wants my free time and I'm REALLY used to my solitude and being alone. This is an adjustment I'm going to get over quickly of course, because being apart from him is somehow awkward now...weird to admit that!

Off to see my son for a little while...the Dark Tower movie double date was fun! Enjoyed the movie, and how fun it was to be on a double date with my son...hahaha!

Much love and respect from Vegas,
    Dorrie aka TrulyDivyn
    "You've been blessed with another day, go find out why" --- Dad
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    X
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Karen NY WOW Gorgeous picture of you and your daughter. You are both beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Love the other pics also. :)

Janetr okc
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    NYKaren Stunning photos. Stunning women. Loving reading of your travels!

Heather Wonderful trip! So fun to read about.

KJ It turns out that one of the VA State Police pilots killed in Charlottesville lived in my son's neighborhood...we are all sad...and sickened...

Karen in Virginia
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Barbie I need one of the stands to make my 3wheel recumbent into stationary where did you get your stand I can't seem to find one on the internet.

Katla - lol I've thought about the Euphoria drug as it's legal in WA too - but of course I wouldn't' inhale same as I didn't in the 70's . ;)

Pip I like the bangs and long hair - but I'm along hair kind of gal because it's more versatile.

Gloria in WA where I am making a Greek zucchini feta bake today.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,708 Member
    Options
    Well we have been without power since 2:30 tree fell on wires and took the whole neighborhood out.hope it comes back on soon as it is 83 degrees outside and my room is like an oven...yes have the pictures with his name on them and what it is..so hope it will throw a wrench into the monkee works.