Terry - (((HUGS)))

Toni in Tennessee
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym - 12.04min, 133mhr, 14.6amph. 2.9mi = 97c
    apple watch- 94c
    ELIPTICAL- 15min, 1400strides, fatburner program, 93stpmin, 121mhr, 1.47mi = 102c
    apple watch- 110c
    Ski Machine- 15min, 30resist, 125mhr, .70mi = 112c
    apple watch- 114c
    Other- 7min, 9sts of 5ea single leg squats, 7sts of 5ea squats and squats with jump, 124mhr= 47c
    apple watch- 47c
    bike ride gym to sumn sta- 1hr 5min, 27sec, 146mhr, 12.8amph, 14mi = 544c
    apple watch- 550c
    jog sta 2 wk w/hvy bkpack- 6.42min, 142mhr, 13min mi, .5mi = 77c
    apple watch- 66c
    jog wk 2 sta- 6.11min w/hey bkpack, 141mhr, 12.55minmi, .4mi = 84c
    apple watch- 60c
    Ride dome 2 hm- 17.59min, 8.7amph, 159mhr, 2.6mi = 181c
    Apple Watch-142c

total cal 1063
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3:)
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies. Spent 3 hours in my flower beds and this morning. Good time to weed when it's been ☔️ for a few days.
    Mary-I bet you will love AZ, especially in the winter. Try not to get too tired getting ready for the move. I still think of you when I walk on n the morning.
    The new girls need to be watching for the new thread at the end of the month.
    SueBDew in TX
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Hi all, seem to be struggling tonight...Both my husband and I struggle with depression and both of us are on medication. Have been for years. The med keeps it pretty much under control for me. My husband struggles a little more. I could tell he was trying to fight it lately-ups and downs. It's hard on me as I know what he is going through and I can't help. He sees a counselor about once a week and goes tomorrow. I'm hoping that will help him. Watching it pulls me down a little too. He feels things very deeply and sometimes gets overwhelmed. Hopefully he will pull out of it soon. We both know to not fight it as that just take longer to get over.

So tonight I ate a little more than I needed to but didn't binge I'm happy to say. Just a few months ago I would have had a full blown binge to cope with feelings. I just keep telling myself he will come out of this just like in the past.

Terry in VT trying to stay strong for my man and away from the food for me.

Terry <3 (((HUGS) <3

So glad you are learning different coping strategies to deal with this. And also am glad your DH is seeing a counselor.

You are stronger than you think.... Sending good thoughts your way! B)

Lanette
    SW WA State

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Friends,

Rye, cute kitties.

Beth, glad the weed eater is working for you.

MicheleNC, I love the story about the previous owner and the guy at the brick place. Lol B)

Joyce, I had to look up the mushroom. Lol I don’t even eat them so don’t know all the different kinds. They are certainly dainty looking ones. The flowers are great. In fact the entire landscape is wonderful. Do you want to come over and do mine??????

Gloria, I did notice the date. Lol You and the girls look wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

M, I think it’s wise to retire while you are still young enough and in good enough health to enjoy it. We never know when things will change in a heartbeat.

Sharon, sending (((Hugs))) for you and DH as well as your DS and DDIL.

Heather, I agree with spending it while we are here. After all we can’t take it with us. I didn’t work all those years to leave it for our DD. Goodness knows we have spent enough on her throughout her first 45 years. The money train has ended.

M,. trust me, I’m impresses. Very.

Lisa, that is so nice that HEB is helping so much. I had forgotten about them as that is where we shopped with I was growing up.

Annie, welcome. You will find this a great place for support and information. One of the best things I found was to plan ahead and even log ahead. If what you logged is not what you end up eating, it can be changed. Come often and join right in.

Mary, thanks for the picture of Shep, that handsome boy. I’m excited for your new adventure and hope it bring you tons of relief. (((Hugs)))

Dorrie, I think that mask would cause me some anxiety too. I hope they don’t recommend a C Pap machine for you.

Toni, that sounds just like a man. Just act like nothing has happened and nothing will change. Too bad we can’t be a little more like that, now that I think of it. :p LOL

Vicki, sorry to hear about your falls. I hope that doesn’t continue. Just the thought of falling scares me to death and when it happens it’s so fast. You take care. (((Hugs)))

Terry, hang in there. Hopefully your DH will pull out of it sooner than later. Just visit here if you need a break. (((Hugs)))

I’m still glued to the TV watching Texas. My prayers are still with all of you. It’s so heartwarming to hear of all the different people and groups that are supporting the people in Texas. *companies, actors, athletes, pro teams, etc.* There are trucks going from here this week plus more to go in the future. It will be a long slow road to recovery for so many people.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Today DH was struggling with changing florescent lights in the garage, so I finally got him off the ladder and did it. Then two hours later, not one, but two of the smoke detectors in the house started “tweeting” that they needed new batteries. The ceilings are 9 feet so that means bringing in the ladder for that job. Again, DH has a hard time with them so I changed the batteries. Of course, the first two didn’t work. Finally the job was done and the “tweeting” stopped.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :) The things I value most are my husband, my pets, and my health. My husband's health is such that his doctor has recommended an afternoon nap so one of the ways we spend time together is taking an afternoon nap with the pets. I gave up wishing that he was healthy enough to go for long walks with me and decided to spend time with him doing what he does. We often watch TV together (another of his favorite things) so I ride my exercise bike and knit while watching TV. For my health and my relationship with my dogs, I walk them several times a day totaling three hours or more.

:) Stats for today:
    *15,000 steps
    *183 minutes walking Sasha and Bessie
    *115 minutes riding the exercise bike while watching TV and knitting

<3 Barbie from beautiful dry, sunny, NW Washington
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    Did an hour of Denise Austin's Quick Burn cardio dvd. The plan for tomorrow is to go to the deep water class.

Mary - thinking of you and the move

<Joyce said: I still can't believe the incredible damage I see of Harvey and it's aftermath. I see pictures on the news but when I see them here it is more personal and I feel the pain more> That goes doubly for me Joyce: you know what they say "If you want to make God laugh, make a plan" Sometimes I have Him rolling in the aisles! Thanks for the smile about the Mozart translation.

Sharon - I'm sorry for your son and you

Making a banana chocolate bread for when Steve comes here this weekend. I'll just put it in the freezer. Also going to try again making the shower cake. Thank goodness Jess is going to ice it! That is definitely NOT my strong point.

Betsy - I always would rather donate to the Salvation Army. Sometimes I'll buy things that I don't really need but I know that I'm helping someone. I like them so much more

Annie - welcome! The best advice I can give you is to keep coming back to this amazing group of ladies, log your food and exercise, and come back again.

Lenora - we've filled out change of address cards. No matter what you do, sometimes the post office just sends mail to your old address. Plus....if the mail is sent after the change of address has expired, it'll go to the old address.

Looks like we need a new heat pump. They can replace this coil, however, in 3 years we will no longer be able to get the freeon that it uses so if anything happens after the 3 years, we'll have to buy a new one anyway. Just one more thing.....

Dorrie - so sorry for your mom. What a tough time she's going thru right now. I do hope she gets the book. If not, I bet she could ask Sue's family, I'm sure they don't have much use for it and would be glad to know that someone is getting happiness out of it.

Heather - have a baking question for you. Have you ever made a marbled cake?

Vicki - I hope you heal quickly

Yes, I agree with Allie, we are sisters and very good friends.

Finally got a marbled cake that I'm somewhat happy with the marbeling. However, I will now need to make different sized layers to put on the bottom. At least that isn't as much work as this marbeled cake. I may make one more marbled, I have no idea how many cakes Jess wants to ice.

Rori - so glad to hear that the counter offer was accepted!

Michele in NC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    Regarding changing addresses ...

My husband and I have moved a lot since we got married. What we do is to go to the post office and first, get a hold on our mail for a certain amount of time until we know where we're going to be next, then we get a redirect for a certain number of months (you can pick how many months).

This does cost money, but it means that all our mail is initially kept at the post office, and then sent to our new address.

We don't have to do the whole "address card" thing during that time. Then, once we're settled, we go online and change all our addresses.

I haven't filled out an "address card" in years. :)
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    11lgxlt90as6.jpg
    Water receding today. And I saw the sun at 6:57pm today. Yay!

Record flooding of our waterways - lakes, rivers, creeks and reservoirs. Still lots of people stranded and being rescued. Water expected to rise in southern most areas as all this water moves south. Lots of citizens volunteering to do rescues with their personal boats. And people coming in from other areas of the state and other states to help out. They shuttle people to dry areas where they get picked up by other transport to shelters. 10,000 people sheltered at the George R. Brown Convention Center. Harris County has another shelter set up at NRG Center taking in people. Curfew 12am to 5am.

--Ginger in wet Texas
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Rori HAPPY dancing all around the house (now that's a sight to see) after reading the news of your condo. Now will just continue with prayers and good thots until all is final. Think of you often. (((Hugs)))

Janetr okc
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Becca: After you've done your tried and true remedy consider another option or two, ICE or ACE. ICE=Ibuprofen + cold & elevation. ACE=Aspirin + cold & elevation. They are obviously very much alike but some people do better with aspirin and others do better with ibuprofen. (((HUGS)))

Karen: I love your trolls and imposters. :bigsmile:

Terry in VT: (((HUGS)))

DJ: You will need to get a Wonder Woman outfit to celebrate your value. Isn't getting something practical done uplifting! You are woman, hear you roar. :flowerforyou:

Rori: Congratulations on the sale of your place in Hawaii!!!!! Now you have one less thing to worry about and can focus on getting the most out of life with your DH, one day at a time. :heart:

Michelle: If I baked as much as you do, I couldn't get out my front door. You seem to have amazing self-control and I admire you for it. In my case, things come out of the oven and go directly into my mouth. I have so much respect for your self-control. I consider you a :star:

I'm currently reading two library books. One is on my phone and the other is on my laptop. Both books are wonderful and I was on a waiting list for each so I went ahead and downloaded them to different devices.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James