How do you stop yourself from doing the wrong thing you want to do?

Options
1235»

Replies

• lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I try to shop during my IF window or when I am not feeling hungry (which I generally don't until I am getting very close to eating) and remind myself of how badly those foods make me feel. I want to feel lighter and healthier. I know how much better my back and joints feel when I am lighter. I pull up pictures of my last round of weight loss and how proud they made me feel. I want to be there again.

If I am shopping and want to cave, I tell myself I will finish my shopping before I reconsider. By the time I have finished my trip my mind is on getting home and relaxing. I don't want to mosey back to that aisle just to mess up my progress, because I know that's what will happen. I try to avoid even going in to the snacks/cookies aisle because I know it will only wear on my willpower.

I don't keep food that I have difficulty controlling myself with in the house. If I want cookies or pretzels, I get single servings so there is no more to tempt me after finishing my portion. I keep portion controlled 85% cocoa bars from Aldi in the house so if I want a sweet treat, I can do so without the temptation to finish off a big bar.

I joined TOPS club for weekly weigh ins and ongoing accountability and support. I remember that I have my TOPS club meeting each week and goals I am working toward. I want to be a division winner in TOPS club and want every weigh in to count. I think back to how badly I felt when I regained most of what I lost last time by falling back in to those behaviors.