Solar Eclipse (August 21, 2017) count down!

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    As Eclipse Madness Sweeps U.S., A Stonehenge Made Of Cars Prepares

u8ja7ntycaqv.jpg

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/08/10/541583064/as-eclipse-madness-sweeps-u-s-a-stonehenge-made-of-cars-prepares

Alliance, Nebraska (home to the Stonehenge replica made of cars) with a population of about 8,500, is preparing for a deluge of visitors, including the state's governor, who has announced he will view the Aug. 21 total solar eclipse from Carhenge.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Well, well, well I guess I'll be wearing them after all.

31kxnks098qx.jpg

That looks like a two pack, can I have one? I'm convinced if I buy a pair then something will happen and I'll be too busy to go outside. It'll be a wasted $2 I can't fit in my budget.

Just use a visor, it's probably no big deal.

I do have my yearly eye exam coming up, might as well get my money's worth right?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    As Eclipse Madness Sweeps U.S., A Stonehenge Made Of Cars Prepares

u8ja7ntycaqv.jpg

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/08/10/541583064/as-eclipse-madness-sweeps-u-s-a-stonehenge-made-of-cars-prepares

Alliance, Nebraska (home to the Stonehenge replica made of cars) with a population of about 8,500, is preparing for a deluge of visitors, including the state's governor, who has announced he will view the Aug. 21 total solar eclipse from Carhenge.

Haha! I have been here.. Idk if I should admit this.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

31kxnks098qx.jpg

That looks like a two pack, can I have one? I'm convinced if I buy a pair then something will happen and I'll be too busy to go outside. It'll be a wasted $2 I can't fit in my budget.

I do have my yearly eye exam coming up, might as well get my money's worth right?

What are your thoughts on LASIK?
  • Caporegiem
    Options

31kxnks098qx.jpg

I think I'm going to be trying DIY LASIK on August 21st.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

31kxnks098qx.jpg

For some reason I have a feeling it is going to go horribly wrong.
  • Caporegiem
    Options

31kxnks098qx.jpg

Don't be so negative. I was pretty good at burning ants with a magnifying glass when I was a kid so I think that skill will translate over.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

31kxnks098qx.jpg

Don't be so negative. I was pretty good at burning ants with a magnifying glass when I was a kid so I think that skill will translate over.

Well, you should have disclosed that to start with. This information completely sways my thoughts.
  • Caporegiem
    Options

31kxnks098qx.jpg

Well, you should have disclosed that to start with. This information completely sways my thoughts.

Well to completely reassure you of your concerns, I also had a laser pointer that I bought at a flea market. If that doesn't fully qualify me I don't know what will.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

31kxnks098qx.jpg

Well to completely reassure you of your concerns, I also had a laser pointer that I bought at a flea market. If that doesn't fully qualify me I don't know what will.

You should advertise your services, I bet you could really make a profit on the 21st!
  • Lucy0304
    Lucy0304 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm heading to Carbondale, IL for the eclipse, yahoo!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I will be on a cruise ship headed towards Alaska during the eclipse. I am hoping the skies are nice and clear because, where I will be, it is supposed to be near 80% totality. I won't ever see that again in my lifetime. I have special glasses all set to pack and, even if it is cloudy, I know it will be a very eerie scene on the ship.
  • caco_ethes
    Options
    I'll be chairing a meeting that starts about a half hour before. I'll be sure to stretch so everyone misses the opportunity.

Laughinggg
  • caco_ethes
    Options

31kxnks098qx.jpg

Can't be any worse than the real thing, and much cheaper!
  • cee134
    Options
    Can you really go blind staring at an eclipse? Tips for safe viewing

75qa5edspdzm.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/10/health/how-to-safely-watch-the-eclipse/index.html

Spoiler: yes...

FYI - it's hard finding articles on the eclipse that doesn't say the same thing over and over again.

• Caporegiem
    Options

75qa5edspdzm.jpg

FYI - it's hard finding articles on the eclipse that doesn't say the same thing over and over again.

Wonder if I could set up a few well placed mirrors and look at the sun that way. You know... like how you creep on someone at the gym without looking directly at them?
  • cee134
    Options

75qa5edspdzm.jpg

Wonder if I could set up a few well placed mirrors and look at the sun that way. You know... like how you creep on someone at the gym without looking directly at them?

This might work.

1b0ktqosb9z9.jpg
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Just like the moon landing, the eclipse is fake
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    q3d9lpo8nigh.png

Well wtf am I supposed to do now??? No time to order new ones.