I Have Noticed Many People Returning, Having Regained Their Weight ...

So, I want to hear your personal stories as to why you regained the weight, and what you would do differently with hindsight.

Would you have stayed on mfp longer, tracking, until you had been in maintenance for a year?
Would you have lost weight less aggressively so that it was easier to adjust to maintenance?
Was your entire focus on the weight loss rather than on changing your entire lifestyle?
Did something health related come up that caused you to 'fall off the proverbial wagon' ?

I, personally, made the mistake of leaving both mfp and the gym and of training at an intensity that was not sustainable in the long term. Leaving this site and that lifestyle lost me a large amount of the fitness and self esteem I had worked so hard to obtain. I was not overweight, but was using mfp to refocus an unhealthy obsession with weight and convert it into a goal of being as fit, lean and strong as I could. So, tell me your stories ...

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    @me0231
    me0231 wrote: »
    Same as others for me. Treated it as a diet not something I could sustain longterm. I followed crazy fad diets and lost weight but it was never sustainable. I'd go on a crazy binge after restricting whole food groups for months and pile the weight back on.
    This time is different, I don't have the x years in maintenance to prove it yet, but I know I'm going to get there and maintain. Simple cico, I eat what I want as long as it fits into my goal. Zero binges and not feeling deprived of anything as well as a slower loss is where I am at now.

I believe you will do well. Great approach.
  • me0231
    me0231 Posts: 218 Member
    edited August 2017
    Orphia wrote: »
    @me0231

I believe you will do well. Great approach.

Thank you!