Any other women with higher calorie goals?

Options
So My calorie goals are between 1800-2200. Any other females have these goals? I feel like I'm surrounded by either people who don't eat enough, or I just have a faster metabolism. I see men eating less than I do!

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I've lost all of my weight at 1650+, and am at 1900 right now. I eat all the food. ALL of it.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 2000 too, because I work out 6 days a week. I always freak out when people talk about eating 1200 calories, I think I'd die!
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Yeah when I see people at 1200 its really shocking. I don't know but when I workout IM JUST SO HUNGRY ALL THE TIME. I have to eat all the foodz. lol
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere between 2000-2400/day. :drinker:
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    You're not alone, and your metabolism is likely average just not suppressed down like many others try to do here. I've stopped logging for a while just to see where that takes me but when I was logging/weighing food last I was still losing at around 1700-2200 and eating upwards to 3000 on high cardio days.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    1700-1800 and losing at least a pound a week when I stick to that deficit. My TDEE is anywhere from 2100-2400 cals a day.
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Im eating at tdee - 15% ... its over 2000 cals... and do weight machines 3 times a week... :)
  • adlace
    adlace Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    2100 here. And have been losing. My activity is set to slightly active, on my feet walking back and forth all day at work. I exercise some but don't log it. I don't exercise that hard for one, and I don't think I need to be eating back calories at this point in the weight loss plan. Am not losing too fast or too slow right now.

1200 scares the bajeezes out of me too!
  • CycleGuy9000
    CycleGuy9000 Posts: 290
    Options
    So My calorie goals are between 1800-2200. Any other females have these goals? I feel like I'm surrounded by either people who don't eat enough, or I just have a faster metabolism. I see men eating less than I do!

Depends on how much you exercise, if you exercise a lot then that caloric intake is fine but I wouldn't go any higher than that, for better fat loss I would be between 1700 and 2000 if you exercise every day but if you don't exercise much (500cals or less 3 times per week) then you can go as low as 1200 for a woman. Calculate it here (http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Depends on how much you exercise, if you exercise a lot then that caloric intake is fine but I wouldn't go any higher than that, for better fat loss I would be between 1700 and 2000 if you exercise every day but if you don't exercise much (500cals or less 3 times per week) then you can go as low as 1200 for a woman. Calculate it here (http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm)

tumblr_lxjmy2CDYv1r1c49to1_500.gif

There's always one...
  • vtricia
    vtricia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I eat 2000/day and work up to that level on my fitbit but I seem to still be losing slowly which is okay, I am still in the upper normal BMI range.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    youdontknowwhatyousaw Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I set my goal at 1700, but I eat anywhere between 1200 & 2000 calories a day, depending on hunger. My appetite doesn't follow the same 24 hour schedule as I do. I seem to have 2 low cal days, 3 reg cal days and 2 high cal days in any given 7 day period. Ive decided to listen to my body and not sweat the numbers. As long as I'm eating because of hunger and not emotional reasons, It all balances out pretty well in the end.
  • belle_of_the_bar
    belle_of_the_bar Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I just bumped up my goal from 1800 to 2000 a day. This chic loves to eat and pick up heavy things. The first is necessary for the second.
  • sdchastain
    sdchastain Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know they say that a calorie is a calorie but truly, I find I can eat more calories when I'm eating whole foods and lots of veggies. Generally I eat around 1600-1900/day. If I work out with my trainer I eat more.
  • Tam2oh
    Tam2oh Posts: 27
    Options
    I have gone up and down with my calories a lot (started at 1800 net, then down to 1400-1600.) Now I am back up to 1800. I would love some friends with open diaries so I can get more food ideas. I usually am way below my protein goal.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 1450 or something like that and then I eat whatever I burn from working out in addition to that. I have mine set at 1/2 a pound a week loss. I usually wind up with 1700-2000 calories a day to eat. The only time I eat 1200 calories is if I'm sick or I wind up falling asleep in the middle of the afternoon and miss a meal.
  • CycleGuy9000
    Options

tumblr_lxjmy2CDYv1r1c49to1_500.gif

There's always one...

tumblr_m0yrb7lTLe1qcnppyo1_400.jpg

There's so many of them...
  • irunoveru
    irunoveru Posts: 38
    Options
    I just bumped mine up from 1450 to 1600. I was starving to death. I workout 6 days a week doing multiple exercises. My rest days I eat around 1450. I will probably go up to 1800-2000 calories when I do my long runs and bike rides.
  • CycleGuy9000
    Options
    I have gone up and down with my calories a lot (started at 1800 net, then down to 1400-1600.) Now I am back up to 1800. I would love some friends with open diaries so I can get more food ideas. I usually am way below my protein goal.

Try this! (http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm) you can go here and try the 7 day calorie zig-zag cycle, you can eat more calories somedays and less others so that it tricks your metabolism a little and makes it burn more on the days you've eaten less, this can sometimes help with plateaus.