Proper Min Age for dating the opposite sex?

Options

Replies

• Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    Just curious now. Age ranges of what to contact. I am 39. not really into dating but try once in a while. would making the min age of 25 and up. be ok to work with? or would that seem weird? would going 30+ seem more sane? and not freak anyone out?

I don't think you should be worried about freaking anyone out by who you're dating. A 25 year old for you at 39 seems perfectly fine to me. As long as you two are on the same page with maturity, life, etc. and you're feelin' each other, then go for it! You're happiness should not depend on the opinion of others, who cares if they don't like the age gap. It's your life :smile:
  • Raquel_Mama
    Options
    Just curious now. Age ranges of what to contact. I am 39. not really into dating but try once in a while. would making the min age of 25 and up. be ok to work with? or would that seem weird? would going 30+ seem more sane? and not freak anyone out?

I don't think you should be worried about freaking anyone out by who you're dating. A 25 year old for you at 39 seems perfectly fine to me. As long as you two are on the same page with maturity, life, etc. and you're feelin' each other, then go for it! You're happiness should not depend on the opinion of others, who cares if they don't like the age gap. It's your life :smile:

How old are you?

Me? 34
  • Raquel_Mama
    edited August 2017
    Options

How old are you?

Me? 34

In range! Lol

I liked older men.....in their 40's is about right for me :smile:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I dunno. You're probably gonna get a wide variety of answers on this. Some of us have no problem dating or seeing others date people who are 15-20 years apart. Others get very bothered by it for some reason.

I would say as long as it is consensual between you and whomever you choose to see and that the legal requirements for the age of consent in your state or country are met, who cares??

On a personal level, I always tend to date men who are at least six years older than myself, but have had relations with men who were 18 years older than I was. It didn't bother me when I was 20 and it probably won't bother me when I'm 80. I tried dating men who were the same age as myself or who might have been slightly younger (year or two) and they usually ended pretty disastrously.

You do you, though. Getting past the stares of condescension and judgment is always fun, though. B)
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I agree with the half your age plus 7, but there are exceptions. Jennifer Lawrence is dating some director guy who is 48. I don't know how old she is, but she sure looks young. They seem to be happy though.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    If she only holds your hand when you cross the street she's too young for you bro

or too old....
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Eat2Brute wrote: »
    Age is just a number (as long as they're 18+). I'd just focus on their maturity level and maybe where they are in their lives. Oh, and obviously how well you guys connect.

bingo! My husband and I are 20 years apart, but he's my best friend and vice versa. We both swear our souls have been connected throughout time, because the connection and feeling of ease between us was immediate.

He's the bee's knees :blush:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Half your age plus 7. I don't know where I heard this rule. But that typically does end up feeling appropriate.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    If she twirls her pigtails while blowing bubbles with her gum...

*drops mic*

what about for role play? :lol:
  • Chase_The_Pain
    Chase_The_Pain Posts: 255 Member
    Options

How old are you?

Me? 34

In range! Lol

I liked older men.....in their 40's is about right for me :smile:

:wink:
  • GlassAngyl
    GlassAngyl Posts: 478 Member
    Options

I'm right there with you on the opinions of dating.. I know my limitations and people are one of them.

However, if you find yourself attracted to someone, legal age is the limit. But since you seem to not care for dating, perhaps it's not the number you should be concerned about but rather the maturity level? You may be miserable with an immature baby doll type.. Age doesn't necessarily equal wisdom. You can find a mature, laid back, level headed 18 year old with confidence and goals or a drama filled drunkard who demands a Prince Charming while she remains a frog at age 50.
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    GlassAngyl wrote: »

I'm right there with you on the opinions of dating.. I know my limitations and people are one of them.

However, if you find yourself attracted to someone, legal age is the limit. But since you seem to not care for dating, perhaps it's not the number you should be concerned about but rather the maturity level? You may be miserable with an immature baby doll type.. Age doesn't necessarily equal wisdom. You can find a mature, laid back, level headed 18 year old with confidence and goals or a drama filled drunkard who demands a Prince Charming while she remains a frog at age 50.

So true.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I can handle older, ugly, etc..

Yes !
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    What I can't handle is certain personality flaws.

Drat !
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Preferably 35/40+ that way they've likely already been married and likely already have kids so that's already out of their system. Also, damaged just enough by life that I seem less crazy in comparison.

Hi

g2dcdqu1vo9z.gif