From a 16 to a 6 in less than a year! With Pics!

Options
I have been heavy my whole life since I was a little kid. It wasn't until high school that I found out that I had PCOS and only until college that I started to understand how difficult it was for me to truly lose weight and keep it off. Having been a yo-yo dieter who was sick of seeing hardly any returns for all of the work or getting injured from over-use, I am truly proud of myself that one year ago I decided that I was going to lose the weight. My sister's wedding was a year away and I REFUSED to be the overweight bridesmaid. Her wedding was one year and twenty days away, enough time to make a definite change.

I went from a tight tight 16 to a six (192ish to 144.5). I am now 21% body fat (don't know my original body fat %) but when I got a trainer in January I was 33% bf.

I am looking to lose about 15 more lbs and need support to get there. Thank you all so much for posting your stories, they have inspired me both to start and continue my journeys. I hope I can do the same! :)

Before:

P1020755_zpsda7b1c9b.jpg

be6cb320-194b-4b60-bb3c-aed8e2112cd7_zps09690764.jpg

bad2_zpsccfad51d.jpg

bad_zps2f762829.jpg

Now:
wedding1_zps27647cd6.jpg

DSC02676_zpsc616886c.jpg

92de7787-5e43-4c4f-a23c-75388e4db14b_zps18ee48d6.jpg

Replies

• Okeyboy
    Okeyboy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Great transformation. You are rocking that size 6.
  • nurse_monica
    nurse_monica Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started this site and I am about the size that you were before, so thank you for posting it has truly inspired me!!:heart:
  • emzypemzy93
    emzypemzy93 Posts: 185
    Options
    Wow amazing!! You look beautiful!
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    wow, well done! you look incredible x
  • FeelingLessChubby
    FeelingLessChubby Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous and SO PHOTOGENIC! I'm envious! :) well done you - very inspirational!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Fabulous transformation!!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    so awesome! you look great!
  • valebie
    valebie Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! People like you are the reason I decided I could lose weight. You are beautiful in both sizes though! (:
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Great results! You look so beautiful!
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look amazing, these stories keep me going, I've got a long way to go yet but you've inspired me to carry on, I am diabetic so I understand how hard it is to loose weight, hopefully in a year I will have similar results to you. Thanks for sharing your amazing story :bigsmile:
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    You look amazing, well done! So pretty as well :)
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you are stunning! sis is also!

thank you for posting - it's people like you who keep me inspired and optimistic. I am now hoping to get DOWN to a 16 (that's my next mini goal!) so we are starting at different places, but hope to ge there and continue down to a 10.
  • likechip
    likechip Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Really motivating!! Thank you :)
  • igypsy
    igypsy Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look amazeballs!!

Great job, thanks a lot - I really needed this little bit of extra motivation today

:flowerforyou:
  • NostalgicGraeme
    NostalgicGraeme Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! Well done you! You look great! Good luck maintaining and enjoying life to the max!
  • Simply wow.. you look fab what a transformation... congrats
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    You look amazing x
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Wowza. That's amazing!
  • angex3333
    angex3333 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!!! Well done!
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    great job!!! you look beautiful!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!