Waist Training

Options
13»

Replies

• _NicLovin_
    _NicLovin_ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The Waist Trainer is just another "beauty" gimmick that contributes to this horrible message that women need to look a certain way in order to be beautiful.
    Don't waste your money by supporting a culture that degrades women's natural beauty. Healthy is beautiful, and comes in all shapes and sizes. We need to support body-positive messages and not fat-shame, because physical health is a part of a larger concept of well-being.

For an inspirational woman/yogi -

https://youtu.be/R3DEqv0pHD4
  • WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

OP, just eat in a calorie deficit, train, and your waist will shape naturally. You don't need a waist trainer. A waist trainer is a waste (see what I did there?).
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Please remember to stay on topic. The origional post of this thread is asking for advice about waist trainers.

If you would like to further discuss sweat and toxins please start a new thread of your own.

Thanks,

4legs
    MFP moderator
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

Please remember to stay on topic. The origional post of this thread is asking for advice about waist trainers.

If you would like to further discuss sweat and toxins please start a new thread of your own.

Thanks,

4legs
    MFP moderator

Glad I read until the end of the thread before posting!

I've started a new thread here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10589530/can-you-sweat-out-toxins/p1?new=1
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I've seen trained waists. They look unnatural. I wear a corset occasionally; it works well for specific looks. But I wouldn't want to hang onto that look. It's over dramatic.

I've also worn compression garments to help reduce swelling an fluid buildup after surgery.
  • ssslasher23
    ssslasher23 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    She asked if anyone has tried it. If you haven't, what are you contributing?

I have waist trained before for just under three months. Does it work? Yes. Are the results permanent? No. However, the results (though not permanent) were well worth it, IMO, and I am back at it again.

What you can expect is to sweat more around your core, under the waist trainer. It's great to wear while doing steady state cardio - nothing too intense (don't recommend while lifting or HIIT). It should be worn throughout the day (up to 8 hours) on most days to produce results.

Waist trainers are discrete under most clothing (anything other than very tight or thin material garments). I love the look/figure it gives me while wearing it and it's helped me correct my posture as well. The big payoff is when you get to flaunt the results when wearing a bikini/swimwear or a very fitted outfit.

It's important to size yourself correctly and buy a good quality trainer, in order to prevent discomfort. Do your research - there are many different products available (corsets, latex trainers, trainers with boning). You should know which product is right for you and suits your needs. If you're trying it for the first time, I'd recommend purchasing from a company where you can contact someone and they can select something for you based on your goals. Vs randomly selecting off Amazon. Try LuxxHealth, if you are interested.

Finally, I'll just mention that I workout regularly. I've been lifting for a long time. I know my nutritional needs and eat accordingly. And I never skip training abs/core just because I waist train. A waist trainer is NOT a magic weight loss solution! But rather an optional addition to an already fitness and aesthetic focused lifestyle. I am someone who has already near achieved the physique I want through diet and exercise. However, those things unfortunately cannot change my naturally straight shape! The waist trainer has aided me in that way.

Best of luck.