Options
    bump
  • AislingRA
    Options
    Marking my place to read later
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump. i have had this question since i started losing weight so i wasnt working out at first.. thanks for the info!!
  • BWThomson
    Options
    I have experienced a decent weight loss(22 lbs so far) success in just over the month that i have started to "correct" my eating habits. since i have found this site and started to monitor my caloric (1500) intake i see that i have stumbled into a pretty close range of calories for the day. I started by doing a bit of portion control and spreading out eating from 2 meals a day to about 6. I have also increased my water from none to about 3 litres a day(12 cups). I have gotten into a bad habit of drinking alot of diet coke, which i have cut way back with the increase in water. I lead a pretty busy life working about 15 hrs a day (two jobs) so i don't have a lot of time to excercise but i would like to try and get some excercise on the weekend and those days i just work one job. I have had concerns about starvation mode which i have heard about before and am glad to see it described so well here. I know i am going to see a slow down in weight loss and i am hoping what i experienced at the start wasn't aloss of a lot of muscle mass. I am at 204lbs and 5'11 now. I would like to work more towards toning and definition even tho the bmi figures i should be closer to 170. I have a weigh scale that supposedly measures body fat%, how accurate are those? It is showing i am around 20%. What is the goal body fat % a person should work towards?
  • sar123bear
    Options
    AWESOME info! Thank you soooo much! Ever since I started using MFP, I've been losing weight. I'm a new mom trying to lose the baby weight... I played around with 1700 calories (w/ 500 cals burned via breastfeeding for a total of 1200) and it seemed like things slowed down tremendously. I have since increased my intake to just under 2000 calories (with 500 cals burned/day due to breastfeeding for a total of 1500). I'm now losing at a steady pace - Just this last week I lost 2.8 lbs, and overall since eating "cleaner" (but more food) on 2/6/12 I've lost 12 lbs. Overall since the birth of my daughter on 12/14/11, I've lost 55 lbs, mind you some of that was baby, but I still have roughly 70 to lose to get to my ultimate goal. I finally feel like I can do it, especially after reading this! Again, thank you... I do believe you've changed my life for the better. :happy:

17881265.png
  • Debbsoc
    Debbsoc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So here's my question, for those who might have been where I am now...

I've been maintaining the same (too high) weight for years, and come to find out, I've been eating too little. My body has been in starvation mode for a long time, and now that I've been eating more and healthier food, I'm dropping weight, without even exercising.

I'm now to the point where I want to start exercising, but the thought of eating my calories burned is daunting, because I have a hard time eating enough to reach my daily goal as it is. Does it get easier over time to eat more than you are used to?

I know I'll be hungrier when I'm exercising, but it seems like that would make my current goal comfortable - without eating my exercise calories!

Thank you for asking this question, this is my problem too, my biggest issue is eating enough of the good calories. I have set up my food diary with bkfast / morning snack / lunch / afternoon snack / dinner and supplements. Hopefully this will prompt me to eat through out the day. Now I have to be concerned about adding on extra calories for work-out days too?
  • haylesmom
    haylesmom Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This needs to be bumped up....bump!
  • carolcarole
    Options
    Bump
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    So here's my question, for those who might have been where I am now...

I've been maintaining the same (too high) weight for years, and come to find out, I've been eating too little. My body has been in starvation mode for a long time, and now that I've been eating more and healthier food, I'm dropping weight, without even exercising.

I'm now to the point where I want to start exercising, but the thought of eating my calories burned is daunting, because I have a hard time eating enough to reach my daily goal as it is. Does it get easier over time to eat more than you are used to?

I know I'll be hungrier when I'm exercising, but it seems like that would make my current goal comfortable - without eating my exercise calories!

Thank you for asking this question, this is my problem too, my biggest issue is eating enough of the good calories. I have set up my food diary with bkfast / morning snack / lunch / afternoon snack / dinner and supplements. Hopefully this will prompt me to eat through out the day. Now I have to be concerned about adding on extra calories for work-out days too?

I've mentioned this before, but google calorie dense foods. that will help with fulfilling your calories for the day without resorting to nasty high sugar and trans fats.
  • ackkk
    ackkk Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you! This settles it with me. I will be happy to "eat my exercise calories " back. Don't need to be talked into that!
  • azrose81
    azrose81 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Thank you! Explains so much and why my weight loss has stalled! Everyone needs to read this!
  • shellsie_j
    shellsie_j Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    BUMP.