i accidentally ate a donut after my breakfast

Options
1235»

Replies

• kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I think Cici is just pulling everyone's leg. They post super weird stuff everywhere to make it seem like she's a small child or something..
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    This means high school or younger. Universities start much earlier than that.

Not if the op is in the uk. Higher ed starts about Sept.

If you OP was in the UK she wouldn't be asking her 'mom'....
  • MrsDan1667
    MrsDan1667 Posts: 76 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So, when does your school start? Here in the U.S. it's starting this week.
    My kids started aug 7 and we're in Ga. I think northern states start later but not sure.

OP it's hard to sit there in front of people and not want to eat even if you aren't hungry. Learn from this and know that next time maybe order a little something for you to munch on. Maybe an a la cart taco if your at a Mexican restaurant or 2-3 sides (veggies are a good option if your out of calories... well as opposed to fries). Or order a side salad or maybe a small appetizer as your meal.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options

Oh you'd be suprised how Americanised our children are.

Granted. But... mommys (sic)? Fries?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    MrsDan1667 wrote: »
    So, when does your school start? Here in the U.S. it's starting this week.
    My kids started aug 7 and we're in Ga. I think northern states start later but not sure.

I sub teach in a school in Wisconsin. September 5 is the first day for students. Some area schools are starting on August 28.

• TavistockToad
    Options

Oh you'd be suprised how Americanised our children are.

Granted. But... mommys (sic)? Fries?

Yep, very sadly they are brought up from birth with American tv.

Really? I've never heard any say mom or fries...
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    missh1967 wrote: »
    i had a egg wrap but then i saw a donut and i ate it and now i dont have a lot of calories left and its my brothers birthday we are gonna go to a restaurant at night

So you had an egg wrap for breakfast, followed by a donut and now you're almost out of calories for the entire day? What is the total amount of calories you're supposed to have in a day?

it was big smores donut
    i logged the egg wrap and my iced tea and the big donut and the cake bites im gonna have later and the yogurt I have to eat to help my stomach and the lunch but then I have none left for the birthday dinner

Poor planning.

Yeah, and I'd say the 2,800 calories' worth of fried bread is a much bigger problem than your doughnut.

i didnt eat 2800 calories of fried bread we went to the restaurant i didnt order anything but I kept stealing bites of things my mom or brother ordered and I just over estimated to 2800 calories to be safe so i know that i have to eat less this week to make up for that
    i couldnt log exactly everything because when i got home i forgot the name of the dishes because they were mexican

Okay, I think maybe a better plan would have been ordering something sensible for yourself and eating it, instead of setting out not to eat and then stealing bites of high calorie food from other people. Mexican food can be tricky because depending on how it's prepared the same dish can be wildly different in calories, but usually you can get them to make you some grilled veggies, eat a reasonable portion of meat, fish or beans, avoid eating too much cheese, and it won't be too high in calories.

Losing nine pounds in two weeks is not a healthy rate of loss, especially for someone your size.

i know
    i didnt order anything because i already ate too much and we had cake before we left so i thought i wasnt hungry but when i saw my mommys and brothers food i ate a few bites of it because it was yummy then my brother couldnt finish his fries so i had some of those too

You just had some bites and overestimated them to 2800 cals (which is more than double than what you give yourself as a daily "allowance") so you would know to eat less for the rest of the week?
    You relationship with food is severely damaged. There is no way you ate 2800 cals just by taking some bites and maybe finishing half a serving of fries. Even if so, doing this once is not a good reason to eat less the rest of the week if what you eat is already probably the bare minimum you need. Also the fact that you see eating a doughnut as an "accident" not a (maybe bad, whatever that means) decision hints in the direction that you are over-controling your food.

And I am not trying to be patronising here. I am currently struggling with myself not to over-control food and to repair my slightly damaged relationship with it before it gets worse. I see quite a bit of my dangerous thinking on a bad day in you. I reflect on it and am getting better. You need to do that, too. It is not fun to be tired and dizzy all day because of too little nutrition but still punish yourself with not eating more just because you think you need to lose more weight (or body fat, in my case, I am fine with my weight).
  • loneda
    loneda Posts: 103 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »

Not if the op is in the uk. Education starts about Sept. Possibly Oct for uni.

I think the OP is in the Southern USA. Regardless, it's extremely unusual for teenagers past a certain age to refer to their mom as "mommy". Also she seems to have less agency in her day-to-day activities than a very young teenager. Any teen of an age to be able to use this site would not have their meals being dictated solely by their family schedule.

Or ask mom when school starts.

I agree with the above.

I teach high school and the OP does not sound like she is in high school (in the US this would put her at age 14-18). More like early middle school (age 12-13). Isn't there an age requirement for this site?

OP, at your age if you have concerns about your weight you really need to talk to your mom and ask her to make you an appointment with your pedatrician.
  • kokonani
    Options
    Guys, OP obviously cannot be serious. She may be posting just to get some kicks.
  • kokonani
    Options
    loneda wrote: »

I think the OP is in the Southern USA. Regardless, it's extremely unusual for teenagers past a certain age to refer to their mom as "mommy". Also she seems to have less agency in her day-to-day activities than a very young teenager. Any teen of an age to be able to use this site would not have their meals being dictated solely by their family schedule.

I agree with the above.

I teach high school and the OP does not sound like she is in high school (in the US this would put her at age 14-18). More like early middle school (age 12-13). Isn't there an age requirement for this site?

OP, at your age if you have concerns about your weight you really need to talk to your mom and ask her to make you an appointment with your pedatrician.

Yes, it's 18 and over. Op is trying to sound like she's 10.
  • solovino1
    solovino1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Could you film it next time. I want to at least see what I can't eat. :/
  • TavistockToad
    edited August 2017
    Options
    kokonani wrote: »
    loneda wrote: »

I agree with the above.

Yes, it's 18 and over. Op is trying to sound like she's 10.

You seem to know a lot about the OP?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Depends, U of Chicago doesn't start until Sept 25 this fall, various others start just after Labor Day.

I'd say needing to ask one's mother ("mommy" in another thread) is a big confirmation that it's not college, though.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Depends, U of Chicago doesn't start until Sept 25 this fall, various others start just after Labor Day.

I'd say needing to ask one's mother ("mommy" in another thread) is a big confirmation that it's not college, though.

She has posted numerous threads about asking her mommy, etc. Surprised more people haven't caught on