College Football Pick'em (Think you can win?)

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    My habit of rooting for the underdogs will ruin any chance I have of winning in this thing.

You'll have weeks where it will work though.
  • cee134
    Options
    College Pick'em on ESPN
    Group Name: MFP Group
    http://games.espn.com/college-football-pickem/2017/en/group?groupID=67502

Deadline: Tomorrow before 12PM Eastern.
  • cee134
    Options
    Good luck everyone!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Still time to join (I think?)!!!!!!

Don't forget to make your pics!
    Go Blue!!!! <3

did you watch the OSU game ?

their defensive backs couldn't cover a casserole
  • cee134
    Options
    Many of you picked Penn St vs Akron for 1 point, that means you have the lowest confidence that Penn will beat Akron. That seems strange since Penn st is highly likely to win. My guess is you may have thought the numbers are rankings and not points. If you wanted it to be a high confidence pick, thus getting you the most points, you need to pick it at 10. The numbers are the points not rankings.

It's not to late to change picks, as you can change your mind until the game starts.
  • cee134
    edited September 2017
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Many of you picked Penn St vs Akron for 1 point, that means you have the lowest confidence that Penn will beat Akron. That seems strange since Penn st is highly likely to win. My guess is you may have thought the numbers are rankings and not points. If you wanted it to be a high confidence pick, thus getting you the most points, you need to pick it at 10. The numbers are the points not rankings.

It's not to late to change picks, as you can change your mind until the game starts.

Crap! I thought it was order of confidence like 1 was most confident

When they reordered how they did it, the same thing happened to me in my first game. But you can still change your other picks order. It makes it seem like 10 is the lowest rank but it's really the most points/highest confidence.
  • Break__You
    Break__You Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

Crap, I had them in positioned as 1 being most confident. I fixed what I could. Thanks for the heads up
  • cee134
    Options
    Don't forget to make your picks!
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I already don't like this week...

So much for having Alabama on their every week for an easy pick to put your #10 confidence on. Should be some good match ups this weekend.
  • cee134
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    I already don't like this week...

So much for having Alabama on their every week for an easy pick to put your #10 confidence on. Should be some good match ups this weekend.

That's why I like the ESPN one, it's harder because they pick more even team match-ups.
  • Zac1644
    Zac1644 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    wow @lstrat115 no tag for me huh? typical... you get beat by tOSU every year as is so you're chasing any victory you can get... bummed I missed this!
  • Zac1644
    Options
    s5ihhktupjgh.jpg
  • Zac1644
    Options
    Zac1644 wrote: »
    wow @lstrat115 no tag for me huh? typical... you get beat by tOSU every year as is so you're chasing any victory you can get... bummed I missed this!

@zac1644 here is your tag
    I assumed you didn't know a lick about football since that is the team you choose to stand behind

you mean the team that has TWO Natty's since your last SHARED one? ;) that team?? or the team that's has 5 straight W's against TTUN and 13 of the last 15? Is that the team you're referring to @lstrat115
    mad5741zjyxl.jpg

• Motorsheen
    Options

don't get too cocky.... have you seen the defensive on TTUN ?

they are really, really good.

and to be fair, that OSU / TTUN game last year was dominated by the Blue
  • Zac1644
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

Nothing cocky about it. I've seen the defense that they replaced 10 of 11 starters with. They looked great against Florida no doubt, but this is nothing new for *ichigan. They always find replacements that are just as good if not better than the season prior. Same can be said for all the major programs in the country.

dominated??? uhhh what? care to explain that one to me?

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Week 2 done. It killed me to pick Nebraska but I had to. Ugh.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Nothing cocky about it. I've seen the defense that they replaced 10 of 11 starters with. They looked great against Florida no doubt, but this is nothing new for *ichigan. They always find replacements that are just as good if not better than the season prior. Same can be said for all the major programs in the country.

oh yeah TTUN worked the Bucks for 3 quarters.... I know, don't fumble on the goal line, don't throw a stupid interception.

btw.... I'm not a TTUN fan & I understand the passion of Buckeye football.

I just know what I saw last year and it was scary for quite a while.

I also attended last years Fiesta Bowl.... (ugh) I'm thinking it might have been a good thing in the long run. It was a wake-up call for the offense.
  • cee134
    Options

It must be nice playing in a cupcake conference against no real teams most of the season every year. It's a good way to keep your players fresh, I guess.
  • Zac1644
    Options

oh yeah TTUN worked the Bucks for 3 quarters.... I know, don't fumble on the goal line, don't throw a stupid interception.

btw.... I'm not a TTUN fan & I understand the passion of Buckeye football.

I just know what I saw last year and it was scary for quite a while.

I also attended last years Fiesta Bowl.... (ugh) I'm thinking it might have been a good thing in the long run. It was a wake-up call for the offense.

Stats say otherwise my friend. I'm not going to say that tOSU dominated in fact I don't think they did but I'd hardly say that scUM did either. 3 turnovers are killer and the fact that they couldn't stop the bucks from running the ball at all...