Dang, I feel old!

Options
Just_Mel_
Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
I was listening to 90s music on the way to work this morning and one song brought back high school memories that made me feel so happy. Until I realized that song came out 20 years ago!

Dial up internet, landline home phones, VHS tapes......all these things are pretty much extinct now.

What makes you feel old now?

Replies

• Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,711 Member
    Options
    You bringing those up! lol
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    My Daughter starting high school...that makes me feel real old
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel old that cars aren't even made with CD players anymore... I can remember riding around on my BMX bike with a Sony portable CD player... back when kids USED to play. Now it's all electronic... don't even need to physically leave your house anymore to visit your friends. The days of AIM... leaving up stupid statuses and thinking you were cool. Now I am reminiscing on the good ol' days :s
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    The flipping carding date...UGH
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Seeing my cousins daughter get married. I was there when she was born and now she's married and making a life of her own.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    The moment I knew I was officially old was the time I had on an all-80's satellite radio station and my (then) 5-year-old daughter said it was "old people music". I was going to argue with her, but then I realized that Guns 'n Roses is just as old to her as, say, Buddy Holly is to me.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My sister's students not knowing what a boombox is.
  • GlucoseKitten23
    GlucoseKitten23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I felt old when "the thong song" came on the radio at work and none of the twenty somethings had ever heard it. :|

What?!

I have a vivid memory of being upstairs in the living room with some friends and the thong song came on the radio so we turned it up and my mom came upstairs and screamed at us to turn it off because it was "inappropriate."

She probably jammed out to it in the car when she was by herself :D that's what I would do anyway lol
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Dating makes me feel old. Lol

Do they still have the "3 day rule before calling" rule anymore?
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Dating makes me feel old. Lol

Same.