Need some tips for avoiding the office treats

Options
12346»

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    make a hard and fast rule to not eat them...and don't. have your own healthy low cal snacks on hand so you are never left hungry and without something to eat..becasue then you'll justify eating her treats. Also..tell her you are not eating them until you reach your goal weight.
  • simplyhannahm
    simplyhannahm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I know your co worker is probably clean, but you don't really know where the food is from. That might put you off.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    For the people advising fitting it into your budget. How do you even begin estimating that? You don't know what amounts of each ingredients are in the home baked treats, whether they have used any substitutes, how much the piece you've taken weighs (unless you have scales at work). What is your advice in this regard? Is it weird to ask the baker for the recipe?
  • MushroomLadyJR
    MushroomLadyJR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just decided that I prefer to plan my own treats since that puts me in control. Also, realistically, if I didn't say no to office treats I'd be faced with either having to limit the quantity of food I eat in order to fit it into my goals, or deal with eating as normal in addition to the extra treats. The latter leaves me faced with becoming obese again, and the former leaves me hungry and probably unsatisfied throughout the day. That's why I usually pass on it.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I have this pretty much every day and honestly I just have learned to restrain myself. If I do have something then I'll track it. It's hard but the feeling of achievement is much better than the few seconds of pleasure from eating the food. Occasionally though I'll treat myself, because we all deserve a treat every once in while :)
  • xWintersKnightx
    xWintersKnightx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    At my work I dont think I've ever seen any of the fit people, or really anyone who isnt already overweight and more often than not obese, bring in the "treats" everyday.

That is my first clue to show restraint...
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Brushing your teeth and having some water helps reinforce your mind that you’re done eating