Options
    9/1: Rest day
    9/2: 16 miles
    9/3: Rest day (11.5 hours of sleep!)
    9/4: 6 miles
    9/5: Rest day
    9/6: We'll see....

22 of 250 220 goal miles

Definitely reassessing my goal for the month after this weekend/start to this week. I skipped my Sunday morning group run because of rain and slept an extra 3 hours for a grand total of 11.5 hours of sleep. And yet I'm STILL dragging. I ran Monday morning and then was lazy yesterday -- I'd normally do a 5:30 am track workout but my workout buddy wouldn't be there so I slept in, and then it was really hot in the afternoon and a 10-11 mile workout in 85F heat didn't appeal to me. And I MIGHT run this evening if we aren't having major storms, but we're supposed to have thunderstorms off and on all day.

Tl;dr: I've been a lazy bum for most of September so far.

However my running buddy will be back tomorrow for tempo Thursday so we agreed we'd do a motivation reset tomorrow :)

MEANWHILE... 150 new posts??!?! Yeah, not going to be able to read through all that. You all are prolific!

Upcoming Races:
    Sept 16: Baker's Revenge 10 mile trail race
    Oct 8: Steamtown Marathon
    Oct 22: Perfect 10 miler
    Nov 5: Princeton Half Marathon (pacer)

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    September 3- 4.3 miles total 4.3
    September 6- 1.4 miles total 5.7

In for a 50 mile goal
    Doing bridge to 10k
    Goal race November 18 Annapolis Running Fest 10k

Problem today went out for b2 10k run about mile in stepped on root and went down. My left knee hurts like sharp pain ifgo into running cadence but does not hurt walking. Advice?

• Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    2.43 miles/26 minutes yesterday evening. Rest day today. I've slowly been adding minutes/distance and hope to be up to 30 minutes by Sunday.

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for September

9/1 REST DAY
    9/2 12 miles - 12
    9/3 REST DAY
    9/4 LABOR DAY LAZINESS
    9/5 8 miles - 20
    9/6 4 miles - 24

exercise.png

Elkmont Hound Dog Half (unofficial) - 1/21 << 1:46:48 2 OA
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (rescheduled) - 2/18 << 1:41:04 1 in AG & 24 OA
    Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/29 << 4:09:59

Upcoming races:
    None so far

• karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I get busy and miss a day or two, and there are 13 pages! Yikes

9/1 - Rest Day.
    9/2 - 8.33 mile group run
    9/3 - 4 miles.
    9/4 - 5.94 mile group track/speed work...ouch
    9/5 - Rest Day. Still ouch.
    9/6 - 4.1 mile group hill repeats. Thought it would help soreness...it did not. As the leader says "You don't have to like it, just like what it does for you."

22.37/80
  • Dcorrick
    Dcorrick Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    86p0o0pz7ymq.png
    Hard to focus on anything else right now.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    6 mile run this am. Lucked out as the rain held up for the hour I ran. I think I've finally made the right adjustments to the heart-rate monitor and today's run with a pace of about 9 mpm was all zone 2.

exercise.png

• greenolivetree
    greenolivetree Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Got my 3 mile walk/run done last night. The weather was great. Everything else was crap. :p Wardrobe issues, an incredible urge to pee, throat so dry from allergy meds that I started gagging once because there was no moisture to help me swallow, I ran into somebody I knew and had no idea lived near me :D and I was just exhausted.

I had woken up super tired yesterday, then around 5:30 or 6pm I was so fed up with sneezing my head off and blowing my nose that I took a Benadryl. So I left around 7:15 for my walk/run and I was thinking why am I so tired and dragging? Totally forgot I'd taken Benadryl! I barely managed to shower afterwards and fell asleep with wet hair before 9pm!

We got our huge cool front that dropped us from a high of 90 on Monday to a low of 49 this morning. Would've been awesome to get out this morning but the reaction I have to ragweed is insane and mornings are terrible right now. September is usually still pretty warm in Arkansas so I'm sure fall is not here to stay.

@amtyrell I would ice and rest your knee if it hurts to run on it :( Since walking feels fine, do some walking so you don't stiffen up. It'll heal faster probably if you don't push yourself to run through pain.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    9/1 = 5.5 miles
    9/2 = Rest Day
    9/3 = 16.5 miles (run/walk intervals)
    9/4 = 8.5 miles and a Hatha yoga class
    9/5 = Camp Gladiator class
    9/6 = 6 miles and 45 minutes strength training

It is supposed to be a low to 59 degrees tonight - 59 degrees! I want to call "sick" to work tomorrow so I can run long in the morning - but I wont. Being an adult sucks.

I am thinking about any of you in Florida and praying for your safety. Hurricane Irma looks like its getting much stronger than Hurricane Harvey that just hit Texas.

(September miles) 36.5/175 (September goal miles)

Upcoming Races:
    10/28 = Hill Country Halloween Half Marathon
    12/10 = BCS Marathon
    1/6/18 = River Road Run Half Marathon
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Running is on the back burner right now. The next several days are all about Irma. Prep, evacuation, return, and clean up. It's going to be a long couple of days,

@Dcorrick are you evacuating? We're securing the yard and house today and tomorrow and deciding on Friday or Saturday if we're going to bug out.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent haha It's only bad if you are singing it to your son.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    @amymoreorless I know just how you feel. It is only 75 right now and I really wish I could leave work to go run right now. Tomorrow morning should be really nice. I will probably think it is "cold". Lol
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    @amymoreorless I have some similar thoughts here as it is cooling down for fall.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    9/1- REST
    9/2- Family Time
    9/3- Family Time
    9/4- 6- 384 feet elevation
    9/5- 8- 1598 feet elevation
    9/6- 6.2- 1263 feet elevation

Total Miles: 20.2
    Total Elevation: 3245ft

September goal: Survive 100k training and the beginnings of pre-race freak out
    Nominal Mileage goal: 200 miles.
    Elevation goal: 15000ft

Today's notes: Got up and got to running by 0435 this morning. Was initially planning on getting in 8 miles, but then I remembered that I had to drop off my truck at the dealership and then walk to school, so I cut it off at 10k distance. Run felt good, averaged 11:50 which surprised me, since I felt slow, but I was almost the exact same pace as yesterday. Felt OK cutting it short because that extra 2 would have put me at 60 for the week, and that was more an ego number than a needed training number.

2017 Races Scheduled
    6/16- William A Irvin 5k
    6/17- Grandma's Marathon 4:24:06
    7/15- Eugene Curnow Trail Marathon 7:22:23
    8/12- UMTR FatAss "Not Quite" 50k DNF, too darn hot out
    8/19- Rampage at the Ridge 5k OCR
    9/23- Ely Marathon (full)
    10/21 Wild Duluth 100k
    11/23- TBD 5k Turkey
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Running is on the back burner right now. The next several days are all about Irma. Prep, evacuation, return, and clean up. It's going to be a long couple of days,

@Dcorrick are you evacuating? We're securing the yard and house today and tomorrow and deciding on Friday or Saturday if we're going to bug out.

Having lived through more than my share of hurricanes... please bug out.