9/7 7mi 69m:59s
    9/8 4mi 38m:49s
    9/9 9mi 1h:26m:35s
    9/10 rest
    9/11 5.2mi 53m:20s
    9/12 4mi 36m:16s
    9/13 6mi 56m:41s
    9/14 4mi 36m:25s

4 miles today, 10 seconds slower than my last 4 mile run.

I almost signed up for a Nov. half marathon but couldn't get past the $100 race fee :neutral: I decided I'll sign up for it right after the race because then it's only $40 next year.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @zdyb23456 sounds like a good plan to me!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Date Miles today - Miles for September

9/1 REST DAY
    9/2 12 miles - 12
    9/3 REST DAY
    9/4 LABOR DAY LAZINESS
    9/5 8 miles - 20
    9/6 4 miles - 24
    9/7 10 miles - 34
    9/8 3.1 miles - 37.1
    9/9 13.1 miles - 50.2
    9/10 REST DAY
    9/11 7 miles - 57.2
    9/12 10 miles - 67.2
    9/13 4 miles - 71.2
    9/14 8.25 miles - 79.45

exercise.png

Elkmont Hound Dog Half (unofficial) - 1/21 << 1:46:48 2 OA
    Elkmont Hound Dog Half (rescheduled) - 2/18 << 1:41:04 1 in AG & 24 OA
    Kentucky Derby Festival Marathon - 4/29 << 4:09:59

Upcoming races:
    None so far

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Oh @ROBOTFOOD you had me at scenic run, moderate vertical gain and lost me at 30s.

Looking at the race history, I think the weather is much better than that.

"On the day of the race (February 24), the average low is 48°F and the average high is 68°F."

Pretty ideal for running really.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I really need to get a running watch. I want something that will play music (so I can get away with just running with wireless earbuds and a watch). I also need something that has a battery life long enough to last a marathon distance at a turtles pace. I was looking at online reviews and thinking of this one.... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HZPJRGK/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1RISMBWBPQ193&colid=DGA4R06JZYWU
    @amymoreorless I have the TomTom Adventurer - very similar, but with a barometric altimeter in addition to the Spark (which I thought sounded cool because I like running and hiking in mountains :) ), and some more sports modes (like "hiking", where it prolongs the battery life by updating the position every 2s instead of 1s, which is still fine when you are moving slower). So far, I'm quite happy with it.
    Regarding the battery life: I only bought it after my marathon, so I didn't test it there. But for the few years before I used the very first version, the TomTom Runner Cardio, and that lived at least five hours with optical HR measuring and GPS tracking.

In case you don't know the DC Rainmaker website yet, there's a test of the watch there.

I have just the spark cardio, not the one that plays music. The watch lasted well past my longest marathon training run. I wear it all day, every day with HR monitoring. It lasts longer than my fitbit surge ever did. I charge maybe once a week? My fitbit was like every other day.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    9/1 = 5.5 miles
    9/2 = Rest Day
    9/3 = 16.5 miles (run/walk intervals)
    9/4 = 8.5 miles and a Hatha yoga class
    9/5 = Camp Gladiator class
    9/6 = 6 miles and 45 minutes strength training
    9/7 = 10.5 miles
    9/8 = 7 miles
    9/9 = rest day
    9/10 = 13.5 miles (run/walk intervals with running group)
    9/11 = 8 easy miles and 30 minutes strength training
    9/12 = Vinyasa yoga class & 3 mile walk with the puppy and hubby
    9/13 = 8 miles
    9/14 = 7 miles and Camp Gladiator class

Seven icky miles this morning. The heat and humidity are back along with the mosquitoes and ragweed pollen. Gross

It is day 11 out of 11 working straight without a day off. My husband and I are running away from home tomorrow - a much needed four day weekend. :) I will not be running. I am sure I will be one billion gagillion fafillion posts behind when I get back. Everyone have a runderful weekend!

@RunsOnEspresso & @_nikkiwolf_ Thanks for the watch feedback! I have been reading good reviews online as well. My birthday is at the end of the month. I might be buying myself an early birthday present.... :)

(September miles) 93.5/175 (September goal miles)

Upcoming Races:
    10/28 = Hill Country Halloween Half Marathon
    12/10 = BCS Marathon
    1/6/18 = River Road Run Half Marathon
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom -- I hopped up right away to do that exercise. It felt weird, like it was a muscle I'd never used before, so maybe that's a good sign! Thanks!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    __TMac__ wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom -- I hopped up right away to do that exercise. It felt weird, like it was a muscle I'd never used before, so maybe that's a good sign! Thanks!

@_TMAC_ my orthopedic and physical therapist both said that if I build hip strength it will help with the sciatic nerve and it really does seem to help. I hope it helps you find some relief that pain in the middle of the butt cheek is awful. I drive 7 miles to work and there were days I was crying and had to get out of the car to stretch before I could continue the drive.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Work has been busy busy today. My first chance to post. Did my 3 miles this morning - much better than my run yesterday, thanks for asking. ;) My last mile I played with speed a little and wound up doing a record (for me) mile- 9:50. Woohoo!

So my September miles are 41/92. Onward...
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    1/9-9.1
    2/9-ill
    3/9-ill
    4/9-ill
    5/9-5.0
    6/9-3.1
    7/9-4.1
    8/9-REST
    9/9-8.1
    10/9-4.9
    11/9-REST
    12/9-5.1
    13/9-3.3 (running club - lots of hill work!)
    14/9-REST
    Total - 42.7/110 Miles
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    ddmom0811 wrote: »
    So, we survived the hurricane and although we don't have power, I do have Internet! How, you ask? Well.. we got a generator a couple days ago. Then, we hooked up the router to it and the wifi worked, but no Internet because the provider didn't have power. Today the provider got power!

I will be off school all week. Still no power at school either. It seems like most of my friends are getting their power back but mine street was told "on or before Sunday". I hope it's sooner than that!

We only lost part of our fence and a ton of tree limbs. Today we went to a store when they opened at 9am (they had been closed since Sunday because of no power until then) and we got a window AC unit. So I am sitting on my bed, with AC, for the first time since Sunday and have Internet access. That doesn't mean I can read the last 265 messages.

I did run once since the hurricane and plan to do so tomorrow! And did a long run prior to hurricane where I got dehydrated and nearly passed out. So stupid on my part. I know much better than that!
    The neighborhood is full of massive piles of tree limbs and debris. The run yesterday was like running hurdles! I think tomorrow will be the same.

Anyway, I really can't complain .. all my family on the coast made out okay too. They still don't have power either. I told my family that we got a free "tree trimming". Our big oak out front needed trimming so bad and we put it off ... well the storm did it for us!

9/1 - 5 miles
    9/2 - 45 miles biking
    9/3 - 40 miles biking
    9/4 - 50 miles biking
    9/5 - strength training
    9/6 - REST!
    9/7 - 5 miles
    9/8 - 5 miles
    9/9 - 8.9 miles
    9/10 - strength training in the house due to hurricane on it’s way
    9/11 - hurricane cleanup for 4 hours
    9/12 -- 5 miles
    9’13 - hurricane clean up back yard 2 hours

exercise.png
    https://www.tickerfactory.com/exercise/wFsO3se/

Yep, every run right now is an adventure run dodging debris and power lines! Glad you're safe and sound. Praying you get power soon! We had 2 more teams of trucks show up today from other states. One has a score card on the side of the truck. It looks like they had just spent 12 days working in the aftermath of Harvey and have been here for the last 6 days. These poor guys haven't been home is weeks! We brought them lunch, lol! It wasn't much but it made them smile.
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I managed to get in another 3 mile run today. It was a spectacularly slow one. I think the week of Hurricane stress and prep and sleep deprivation have all finally taken their toll on my body....or yesterday's CG class was tougher than I thought. Either way, my extremities feel like they're filled with lead. I'm back to work tonight. I hope that means a return to normalcy... well, my redefined version of normal at the very least.
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom
    Definitely going to try those exercises when I get home. I can't wait to also get home and foam roll.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    9/1 - vacation
    9/2 - vacation
    9/3 - vacation
    9/4 - vacation
    9/5 - vacation
    9/6 - vacation
    9/7 - too freaking busy, ugh
    9/8 - too freaking busy, blah
    9/9 - too freaking busy, le sigh
    9/10 - 19 mile long run (9mi w/friends + South Nyack 10 Miler)
    9/11 - rest
    9/12 - Daily Double - 5.5 mile general aerobic lunch run/3.5 mile tempo after work run
    9/13 - 5 mile slow recovery run
    9/14 - Daily Double - 6 mile lunch run w/some tempo/5 mile general aerobic run

September Total: 44/
    1172.6 miles/2,017 miles - goal for the year

Today is another Daily Double, due to time restraints. Did my lunch run already, and will be running 5 after work, then going to the zumba class my bestie teaches. Today was supposed to be general aerobic, but after the first 2 miles, with the crazy humidity, by the time I got to the top of the big hill I was in zone 3. I just wasn't in the mood to keep slowing down to make sure I was below zone x, and back in zones 1 and 2, so I decided on an impromptu tempo run, lol. Spent 3.5 miles in zone 3, and the last half mile slowed down to cool down a bit. It just felt really good to run, and push the pace a bit. One of those runs where you're like, yeah, this is why I love running!

Will try to do the after work 5 miles in zones 1 and 2 though, I don't need to be pushing things too much, with all the mileage.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @seanevan10 ha ha you'll have to climb on a chair to get them.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Oh @ROBOTFOOD you had me at scenic run, moderate vertical gain and lost me at 30s.

Looking at the race history, I think the weather is much better than that.

"On the day of the race (February 24), the average low is 48°F and the average high is 68°F."

Pretty ideal for running really.
    Sounds like Vegas valley avg temps. Red rock canyon is several thousand feet higher. It's regularly below freezing there Dec-March. Here's the temp from last year 2/24 at Red Rock. That said, it can vary a little.
    mjxaklg2k4ga.png