I cannot stop reading this guys website!

Options
So I just cannot get away from this guys website, his articles are informative as hell, funny, straightforward, easy to understand and they cover so much, even the mental aspect of weight loss. He explains woo and even why it's come about. He doesn't advocate just one right way of doing things either. Seriously this is worth a look, as for me I've been looking at it since I found out about it yesterday.

http://physiqonomics.com/articles/

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    So I just cannot get away from this guys website, his articles are informative as hell, funny, straightforward, easy to understand and they cover so much, even the mental aspect of weight loss. He explains woo and even why it's come about. He doesn't advocate just one right way of doing things either. Seriously this is worth a look, as for me I've been looking at it since I found out about it yesterday.

http://physiqonomics.com/articles/

omg so funny
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered him, too. Funny, smart and clear in what he's writing.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Yup. I printed out a 63 page weight loss article by him. Good stuff
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    He's kind of a cross between the Body for Wife guy and the Oatmeal. Nice.
  • Enjcg5
    Enjcg5 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Whats the oatmeal?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Enjcg5 wrote: »
    Whats the oatmeal?

A cartoonist with a similar style of drawing and swearing. He mostly writes about random wacky whatever, but he's also a runner so you get some of that too. http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    You might like this guy as well. A bit less funny, but straightforward.

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    LOL, I just read Will Aspartame Kill You, too funny. I love Body for Wife too!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Rogstar wrote: »
    Thanks for the recommendation! Looks like this blog has a lot of my kind of humor (grabbed me from his About page :p . And, seems like he doesn't take himself super seriously.

Packerjohn wrote: »
    What's this guys background, could not find it on the site. Why not follow someone that actually has some education in exercise, nutrition, etc?

Eh, there's plenty of those out there. I like to find offbeat people with a clear point of view who have been there, done that, and can help me work through all of my issues (not just food and exercise stuff) because they are open and honest about the journey they've taken. Shoot, it's why I hang out on MFP so much! I read the success stories and get more out of them than a nutrition book or an exercise program. Sometimes, you just need to hear some real truth from a real person, not someone who has read all the books and can recite things back.

How about people who have have the "book learning" and have worked with clients/athletes for 10+ years?
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Now granted, I only read one article so far but I haven't seen anything any of the "learned" people wouldn't agree with.
  • Good_Morning_Glory
    Options
    Thank you. :)
  • bernadettenz
    bernadettenz Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Very good :)
  • seanoxmix
    seanoxmix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for bringing this guy to my attention. Wish I could send the fasting and weight loss articles back in time to my fatter self. I spent a lot of time figuring out the stuff he lays out so plainly (plus he's entertaining).
  • Mccloud74
    Mccloud74 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Funny guy...interesting reading, thanks for the link :smile:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Thank you. This looks like something I would enjoy. Bookmarking it.