WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2017

Options

Replies

• langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi, just thought I would send out another post as I prepare to leave for vacation tomorrow after work. I'm very nervous about eating while I'm gone. :# We are driving to Delaware so today I bought a package of cut up vegies and a couple of apples to snack on while driving. Do you usually track your food in MFP when on vacation or take a break from it? I'm tending to think I'll keep with tracking so I continue to see what my calorie count is (if I can come close to finding the calories of what I eat). At least I'll have a ball park number. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Terry in VT
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Gloria's daughter, Patrice messaged me:

Oh, thank you so much Dana. She was an amazing Mom and grandmother. It was such a tragic accident that it just makes it that much harder. Thank you for reaching out. ❤

Dana
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,734 Member
    Options
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    Terry - I do my best guess at logging while on vaca. Good luck!

Welcome to the newcomers.

So sorry to hear about Gloria. My sympathies to her family and friends.

Okie in TX Hill Country
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,586 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Hi, just thought I would send out another post as I prepare to leave for vacation tomorrow after work. I'm very nervous about eating while I'm gone. :# We are driving to Delaware so today I bought a package of cut up vegies and a couple of apples to snack on while driving. Do you usually track your food in MFP when on vacation or take a break from it? I'm tending to think I'll keep with tracking so I continue to see what my calorie count is (if I can come close to finding the calories of what I eat). At least I'll have a ball park number. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Terry in VT

I tracked when I was on vacation this summer. It was pretty revealing because I tended to eat/drink according to my old habits. I learned that I can take in a ridiculous number of calories with juice, lemonade, and In n Out milkshakes. :blush: I learned a lot, but because we were so active, I didn't end up gaining any weight.

I will track again when we go on vacation for New Year's. :sunglasses:

ETA: I hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,099 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the update on Gloria. Miss her. :frowning:
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Felicia, thanks. I'm worried that because of my foot I probably won't be doing as much walking as I'd like so need to really watch my calorie intake.
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    So sad to read about Gloria. My heart goes out to her grandchildren.

Mia in MI
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Very sad to lose Gloria. She is truly a "Pocket Angel" now and I will remember her when I am out walking my dogs. o:) A woman here in my town was killed a few years back while walking her dogs. They didn't get loose, it was just very early in the morning, a young man was driving fast and came around the corner and she didn't make it off to the verge quick enough. Killed both her dogs too. I never walk on that road anymore.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »

Thanks, Terry in VT

I always track my food no matter whether I'm traveling or at home. I prefer to go to restaurants with calorie and nutrition information posted, but that is not always possible. when I hav to guesstimate I do, and it is better than not recording in my opinion. Good luck.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Joyce--Pray things go well with DD. Know you are concerned please remember to take care of yourself.

DJ--DH bought one of those copper pans and I love it. Things do not stick and clean up is so easy. We are really careful what we use in it.

Beth--I see no reason you can not wear a nice pants outfit to the wedding. There are so many styles.
    I tried to find her on FB and the one I pulled up was her picture but only one post from Sept 2016 and before that 2015. Does anyone know any more? This just makes me so sad. Read the story and feel so bad for her family. I would like to send some memorial has anyone found where to send. I tried looking for her obiturary and no luck.

Katla--I understand about being the bad guys. I give up trying to firgure our children out and just do what we can when we can. Most the time someone is mad, but with 6 children and 28 grandchildren we can only do so much and we both are working full time.

About Christmas, growing up we had Christmas at home and would go to grandparents weekend before or after. Since we have been married at first we would have the kids to our house when we could all get together and it didn't have to be on that day. Now the children are old and several will not be in the same place at the same time. So we do Christmas eve at our oldest son and the rest when we can and by the time we are done we have had at least 3 or 4. Still Christmas is my favorite time of year.

Well ladies take care and remember One day at a time. Blessings, Vicki Grand Island,NE
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,397 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that Carol was right about Gloria. My heart aches. Does anyone know her address. I know that they won't post it in the paper. It might be nice at least to send her grandsons some cookies. That in addition to maybe doing something else for the family.

katla - I'm so sorry your daughter and her husband are giving you such problems.

About the Christmas issue - I'm really afraid that if I'm not proactive in inviting his grandmother and mother to my house, Pete and Denise never come. Hey, it took Pete 6 YEARS to come here for 2 days (I understand...it was his work that meant he could only be here two days). He hasn't come at all since then (it's been another 4 YEARS). I'll be flexible if they offer another solution that can work.

blueyedgurl - welcome! Just keep posting.

skipper - you are now officially a member here! Come back often

Terry - I usually track as much as I can when I go away. Admitted it isn't always accurate, sometimes I just have to estimate. But that's better than nothing!

Michele in NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,995 Member
    Options
    :'( I am sad about Gloria and reminded again to be present during every moment because there is no guarantee of another one. I am concerned about her grandsons

:)Terry being careful about what you eat every day is important

:) Doors are off and being painted

<3 Barbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington
  • blueyedgurl1
    blueyedgurl1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the warm welcome. My name is Rhonda and I live in NE Ga. I have been married to my husband, Henry, for 44 years. We have five grown children and seven grandchildren. I am the only caregiver for my mother and sometimes may be housebound for several weeks, due to my husband working out of town.

I have only read the comments here on Gloria. She sounds like an amazing woman and I am sorry not to have the chance to get to know her. I will definitely be praying for her family as they have many decisions to make.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,823 Member
    Options
    I can't believe our sweet Gloria is gone.such a wonderful friend.such a loss for her family and us...
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Rhonda ~ Welcome! I live in Marietta! What part of NE GA do you live in. Dr. Katiebug lives in N GA and Lenora lives in S GA.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,823 Member
    Options
    Am I correct in that Gloria was struck by a car and killed?
  • blueyedgurl1
    blueyedgurl1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I live in Blairsville. The lovely North Ga. mountains! I do have a couple of questions related to this thread.
    1. Is there a way to keep this on my home page so that I don't always have to "search" for it? Surely there is an easier way!
    2. How do I know what each of your names are. ie...Peach1984. Is this what I call you?
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I just want to cry. That job I applied for? The contact emailed me yesterday (it went into my spam folder, of course) telling me they checked and there is no application in the system. Of course, I checked (logged into the hospital job system) and there it is under my completed applications. I replied of course, with screen shot, but over 24 hours after she emailed me, because I didn't see it in the spam folder.

I'm going to take a nap. better than eating I suppose.