How many calories do you leave yourself for dinner?

Options
1235»

Replies

• mookybargirl
    mookybargirl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have a reasonable dinner. Generally dinner is between 480 and 600 calories. There are occasions that I have even larger but I need to plan it in and keep the other meal lighter to make sure I don't go over my limit. I also keep 100-150 for a snack about 9.30pm so quite a few of my calories are used in the evenings........ :flowerforyou:
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    Cannot believe what i am reading, everyone eat the most at night?it might be because where i came from but i have a 200-300 breakfast, 600 lunch , 400 dinner and couple of snacks of about 200 each. if i eat a big dinner i cannot sleep well and my belly hurts a lot....

see i'm on my feet a lot as a teacher during the day and if I eat a big lunch i'm uncomfortable during the day. I eat dinner around 6 and go to bed around 11 or 12 so it's not like it's sitting in my tummy :)
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    250-400, usually pre-logged, but depending on sleep it might be the first or second meal after I wake up and it is rarely the last meal before I go to sleep.
  • lady_tracy
    lady_tracy Posts: 15
    Options
    I eat heavier in the a.m. than I do in the evening - I'll eat at least 400 calories for breakfast, typically 300 - 350 for lunch, 250 for my pre-dinner meal, and around the same for my dinner, with more on workout days but following the same pattern. Keep in mind I haven't even factored in snacks. For me, when doing this, I'm so full throughout the day that it's all I can do to eat some veggies or a salad at night. On top of this, obviously my water consumption helps to keep me fuller as well. I wake up very hungry, but eating a good breakfast right away helps charge me up for the day, and eating lighter in the evening seems to help me sleep better. And I figure, just because the family may be eating pizza or McDonalds for dinner, that doesn't mean that I have to. The results are in the numbers...I've lost 97 lbs following this routine. :wink:
  • BoxerLover96
    BoxerLover96 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day, but usually around 500 for dinner plus about 150 evening snack.
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    All of them. All the calories.

^^My inspiration.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    400-500.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I leave as many as possible, it depends how hungry I am through out the day.

This is what I do as well.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Between 800-1300 for my dinner and evening snacks.
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    No less than 600. Back when I lived on my own I prefered to eat heavier during the day and ate very light dinner.. worked great. Since marrying and having someone else's eating preferences to take into account, I have a hard time staying light in the dinner area, so I either work my *kitten* off to create an adequate deficit or I eat light during the day to leave as much as possible for the evening.
  • ellipse1
    ellipse1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I eat more in the morning/early afternoon. So approximately 300-400 for dinner. My body does not like it when I eat past 7pm. I go to bed early though because I get up at 430am for work!
  • homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    2200 cals
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Around 1000, hungriest at night.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I leave as many as possible, it depends how hungry I am through out the day.

This

Yep. If I have under 600, I feel like a sad panda.