Apple cider vinegar

Options
Hi,

Has anyone tried the apple cider vinegar diet? I heard it helps with weight loss and helps get rid of belly fat. I drink it with honey and water twice a day before my meals. Has anyone had success with this diet?

Replies

• KetoZombies
    KetoZombies Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Smell it and take a sip before thinking about trying to do it daily :s
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    My thought on this is that it tastes so terrible you can't eat anything for while, thus you aren't eating as much. I consume quite a bit of ACV but always as part of a recipe or salad dressing. But drinking it sounds crazy.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Apple Cider Vinegar does nothing for weight loss and doesn't get rid of belly fat, there is no scientific proof to back up the claims that are made to this effect.

A calorie deficit and some strength training is what will get rid of belly fat.

Actually, the calorie deficit is the ONLY thing that will get rid of belly fat. Strength training will make what is left look better.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Apple Cider Vinegar does nothing for weight loss and doesn't get rid of belly fat, there is no scientific proof to back up the claims that are made to this effect.

A calorie deficit and some strength training is what will get rid of belly fat.

Actually, the calorie deficit is the ONLY thing that will get rid of belly fat. Strength training will make what is left look better.

True, but assuming someone who is specifically looking to lose belly fat doesn't just want a smaller flabby belly that's a fairly important part of it.
  • stcydurand10
    stcydurand10 Posts: 14 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Great! Thanks everyone! I've only been on it for a few days and it does taste awful. I'm on a low calorie diet and also seeing a nutritionist and already lost 10 pounds. I was just curious about this diet since some people said it worked. Thanks for the advice
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Great! Thanks everyone! I've only been on it for a few days and it does taste awful. I'm on a low calorie diet and also seeing a nutritionist and already lost 10 pounds. I was just curious about this diet since some people said it worked. Thanks for the advice

Congratulations on your loss--that is wonderful! If you are focusing on calories and getting good advice, it sounds like you are well positioned. I would also echo the above comments on strength training, not just for your belly, but for overall shapeliness and muscle preservation as you lose weight.

And even if you (wisely, in my view) stop drinking it (we haven't gotten into the havoc it can wreak with your teeth enamal), make sure you put that bottle of ACV to good use in some awesome recipes!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,980 Member
    Options
    No. ACV won't do anything for weight loss. It is a good cure for the hiccups, and it is pretty tasty in a few recipes I have, but other than that it is a waste of your time.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    It's good for coleslaw vinaigrette, too. The apple pairs well with cabbage. And I have a vegan cornbread recipe that recommends using ACV to curdle your nondairy milk of choice in place of the buttermilk a non-vegan version would likely call for.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I also have a recipe for a cooked salad dressing (think mayo or miracle whip) that uses ACV and makes the BEST pasta salad, potato salad, and deviled eggs. It is an old one passed down through the generations (I am at least the 4th generation to make it).
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    I think everyone is forgetting the health benefits of ACV with the mother. Helped me when I had a flu and it does wonders for acid reflux problems. Life isn't all about weightloss. I think just a spoon in water with a straw will protect the tooth enamel. Oh another thing! Add it at the end of your shampoo as a hair rinse and you'll be thanking me!

Noone is forgetting that it has some health benefits, the OP specifically asked whether it was any good for weight loss and belly fat.