Apple cider vinegar

Options

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    xxzenabxx wrote: »
    I think everyone is forgetting the health benefits of ACV with the mother. Helped me when I had a flu and it does wonders for acid reflux problems. Life isn't all about weightloss. I think just a spoon in water with a straw will protect the tooth enamel. Oh another thing! Add it at the end of your shampoo as a hair rinse and you'll be thanking me!

No special health benefits. What little benefit there is can be traced to the mild acetic acid that is in all vinegars, and the "mother" does nothing.

It may have helped your acid reflux but there are just as many people for whom it makes the reflux worse.

Any acidify-er after a shampoo will help. It has nothing to do with the vinegar being made with apples, nor with the mother. In fact, blondes and those with dyed hair should avoid it because it can redden the color. They are better off with distilled (aka white) vinegar or something else like citric acid as a final rinse.
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have not heard anything about a "ACV Diet" I would be interested in hearing more.
    I used to drink it in the morning and at night. 1 tsp with a cup of water. I found that it was beneficial for me because the first thing in the morning I was doing something to focus on my goals and my health. I don't think there was a benefit besides starting/ending your day with that focus.
    Now I take vitamins in the morning instead of the ACV.

It is great to use in recipes! Broccoli salad is so much better!
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I have not heard anything about a "ACV Diet" I would be interested in hearing more.
    I used to drink it in the morning and at night. 1 tsp with a cup of water. I found that it was beneficial for me because the first thing in the morning I was doing something to focus on my goals and my health. I don't think there was a benefit besides starting/ending your day with that focus.

I hear ginger shots are pretty healthy.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Gingers don't have souls... that's why they're so healthy.

:wink: :sunglasses::lol:
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options

Awwww! did a red-headed girl hurt you?
  • melissaulmen
    melissaulmen Posts: 123 Member
    Options

I can't do ginger. Tried the ginger candy when I had a headache, it helped the headache but it was awful. Never again.
  • stanmann571
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »

It's a joke. Laugh.
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »

It's a joke. Laugh.

C'mon! Lie down on this couch and spill.....
  • Grimmerick
    Options

I opened the door and you walked right in ;) Bravo
  • stanmann571
    Options

I opened the door and you walked right in ;) Bravo

It felt kind of like a slow pitch
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I'm using ACV to marinate my pork chops for dinner tonight. Watch out world!
  • earlnabby
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    A lot of people say it doesn't help and then some say "now that you know it doesn't help".....with not a single scientific study reference. It doesn't help because a bunch of people said so???? Whatever, I think it does help some. There now it is proven to help.

Show the proof that it does work. (You can't because there is none)
  • earlnabby
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    Me & hubby have been drinking it for years, most of the time with a little honey. It's great for neutralizing acid. Cured acid reflux

For you. There are just as many people who have acid reflux and ACV makes it worse. Depends on whether your reflux is from excess acidity or low acidity. ACV adds acid to the stomach, it does not neutralize it. If your symptoms are caused by too little acid, adding a bit more will help.
  • Grimmerick
    Options
    A lot of people say it doesn't help and then some say "now that you know it doesn't help".....with not a single scientific study reference. It doesn't help because a bunch of people said so???? Whatever, I think it does help some. There now it is proven to help.

That right there is a right purty piece of sciencin'.

The placebo effect must be strong in that one.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options

That right there is a right purty piece of sciencin'.

The placebo effect must be strong in that one.

Yes, placebo effect is a powerful and mysterious force. I now have the power chords from Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" running in my head.

Brrrrrooowwwwwww....!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    My friend literally just argued about this she stated her nutrition told her its great for loss and she thinks i'm just "hating" :D