JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS | Round 16

Options

Replies

• SharGetsHealthy
    SharGetsHealthy Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Count me in again!

16 September - 152.9 Happy Birthday to Me!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

• SharGetsHealthy
    Options
    Starting weight: 193 (July 2016)

9/16 141.5 no exercise, over by about 750 calories! After a year of doing great with logging most of the time, I am suddenly having days of just not wanting to do it anymore. I need to get back on track. It's stress-related I think. Both work and home have been extra challenging lately. Also, I just miss eating what I want, when I want. My weight is fine for me I know. I have a very large frame, so 140 looks pretty thin on me. Maybe it's time for me to just focus on maintaining at this weight, instead of getting to the magical 135 number that I set in my brain?? I'm 5'6 and wearing mostly a size 4, some 6, and mostly size small. Maybe I am just trying to get to too low of a weight for me? I have my daily goal set at 1300. When I do the elliptical, I add 350 calories (my machine says that I am burning about 530 calories, but I doubt it's that high). I just don't want to start putting weight back on. I started at 193 pounds about 13 1/2 months ago. I don't ever want to go there again. I think being 47 (probably nearing menopause) with TOM happening every 3 1/2 weeks now, my cravings for junk are getting intense the week before. I can tell it's about to start, and all I want is to eat.

I understand where you are coming from. I have a very large bone structure and am 5'6" also. There is absolutely no way that I will shoot for a weight as low as 135. I have been that weight before. It was at a very stressful time in my life and everyone kept telling me I was too thin.

I also hear you on the food logging. It gets to be a drag after a while. Why don't you try not logging for a week, but instead just plan your food for the day on a piece of paper so you know roughly what you are going to eat. Leave it in a place you can see it to remind you. Then, eventually you don't even need to do that and you'll have food freedom. :)
  • SharGetsHealthy
    Options
    Nikki062181, how is your mom doing?
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,841 Member
    Options
    @cyranda63 I just noticed several threads that say people are unable to join challenges. As we are nearing the end of this round, I am concerned that we may not be able to join the next. (Just FYI)
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    tishawj wrote: »
    9/16 - 149.0!!!!! - WHOOSH...there it is!!! BMI 24.8!!! ...

WooHoo!! Somersaults! Yippeeee! A normal BMI!!! FanTASTic!!! Congratulations!
  • nikki062181
    nikki062181 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Nikki062181, how is your mom doing?

Awe. Thank you for asking. She looked so much better yesterday. They removed her from her oxygen. She's getting plenty even though she feels like she is struggling to breathe.
  • sheilajean58
    sheilajean58 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Highest weight April 2016 117 lbs
    Starting weight for 2017 112 lbs

R9 SW 108.4
    R10 SW 108.5
    R11 SW 107.6
    R12 SW 108.5
    R13 SW 107.5
    R 14 SW 108.2
    R15 SW 107.7

Round 16- Goal Weight 107.3 (average weight minus ~ 1/3 lb each round to lose 1 lb per month - in theory)

9/10 106 lbs - this happens, a low that is temporary - sometimes I refer to this type of weight as "I was 106 for a minute".
    9/11 106.8 - hmmm . . . will update goal for this round to staying in the 6s.
    9/12 106.7
    9/13 106.8 lbs :) over Calorie goal by 200 - so hungry yesterday!
    9/14 106.3 lbs - Digital Scale needed new batteries. I replaced with new ones and then weighed 110 lbs. Reweighed later and there was the 106.3 number again but this weight would not sync with my app. Only tomorrow will tell.
    9/15 107.7
    9/16 106.2 lbs - feeling like my old self this morning
    9/17
    9/18
    9/19
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    Options

9/16 141.5 no exercise, over by about 750 calories! After a year of doing great with logging most of the time, I am suddenly having days of just not wanting to do it anymore. I need to get back on track. It's stress-related I think. Both work and home have been extra challenging lately. Also, I just miss eating what I want, when I want. My weight is fine for me I know. I have a very large frame, so 140 looks pretty thin on me. Maybe it's time for me to just focus on maintaining at this weight, instead of getting to the magical 135 number that I set in my brain?? I'm 5'6 and wearing mostly a size 4, some 6, and mostly size small. Maybe I am just trying to get to too low of a weight for me? I have my daily goal set at 1300. When I do the elliptical, I add 350 calories (my machine says that I am burning about 530 calories, but I doubt it's that high). I just don't want to start putting weight back on. I started at 193 pounds about 13 1/2 months ago. I don't ever want to go there again. I think being 47 (probably nearing menopause) with TOM happening every 3 1/2 weeks now, my cravings for junk are getting intense the week before. I can tell it's about to start, and all I want is to eat.

There's nothing wrong with taking a break as long as you set a date for when you get back to measuring food. Set a period of time. I took four days off during eclipse weekend where I ate with reckless abandon. I didn't lose 20 pounds in 4 days, I certainly wasn't going to gain 20. Yes, my weight went up about 5 pounds but a good portion of that was water weight and a week or so later I was back to where I had been. So, give yourself a well-earned vacation if that's what you need. It's better than beating yourself up and quitting. Just tell us when to expect you back. We'll be here for you.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    Options
    @cyranda63 I just noticed several threads that say people are unable to join challenges. As we are nearing the end of this round, I am concerned that we may not be able to join the next. (Just FYI)

That's for challenges set up in that way. Happily, Cyranda just set this up where you join in by just doing your daily reply. No signing up required. So, you're in!
  • CaliMomTeach
    CaliMomTeach Posts: 745 Member
    Options

There's nothing wrong with taking a break as long as you set a date for when you get back to measuring food. Set a period of time. I took four days off during eclipse weekend where I ate with reckless abandon. I didn't lose 20 pounds in 4 days, I certainly wasn't going to gain 20. Yes, my weight went up about 5 pounds but a good portion of that was water weight and a week or so later I was back to where I had been. So, give yourself a well-earned vacation if that's what you need. It's better than beating yourself up and quitting. Just tell us when to expect you back. We'll be here for you.

Thanks for your advice! I think I just may need to take that break.