• Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    Running in to my ex frequently... #smalltownproblems
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    kq1981 wrote: »
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    Acne. Seriously, I get rid of some only to have more show up the instant I get rid of the last batch!! So infuriating!!! I just want nice skin like everyone else seems to have. Is that so much to ask? :(

Adult acne is the worse for real. I struggle with breakouts too. I used proactive for years since my high school days but I recently cancelled it as it wasn't effective anymore. I've switched to some charcoal face wash and that seemed to help but I understand your struggle.

It is maddening. I've had breakouts since I was 11 or so. Nothing so far has really improved it. Most doctors I've seen don't seem to think the breakouts are too bad, just annoying, but they haven't offered up anything that was really beneficial, either.

My daughter had acne so badly at 14. I know how terrible it is because i had it so we tried everything topically we could and NOTHING worked. I took her to a dermatologist and he prescribed roacutane for 6 months (not sure if its called that elsewhere other than australia). 12 weeks and it was clear. Actually clear, not a spot skin! Its very potent, side effects are severly dry lips, sun sensitivity ect but it was so worth it. Shes now on a contraceptive pill specifically for problem skin and she only gets a few spots here and there now.

(Edited for spelling error)

I was hoping to find something that wasn't prescription, but I'll look into that and see if they think it's something I can do. I know the pill did absolutely nothing (one way or the other). Didn't make it worse, but definitely didn't improve it, either. Was on BC for about 10 years before I decided I'd had enough and switched to another method.

And I think here in the U.S. it's just Accutane. Not sure if they still sell it, though.

Did you see my post above about Cetaphil? I've used so many expensive products over the years and Cetaphil has made a huge difference for me

Somehow I missed it, sorry! Cetaphil is a moisturizing lotion though, right? I was looking at it the other day and considering it. Part of my problem seems to be that some days my skin is oily and other days it is dry. It can't make up its mind! :neutral:

I had the problem before I realized you have to moisturize. I would avoid it because I thought my skin was too oily but really it's dry (and I was drying it out with cleansers) so it over-produces oil to compensate. Moisturizing balances it out.

If I called Science would you be one of the people that picked up the phone?
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    When people act like their way of doing things is the only way of doing things and get an attitude with you when you just simply explain how you did something and then they start lecturing you on the "proper way".
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    kq1981 wrote: »
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    Acne. Seriously, I get rid of some only to have more show up the instant I get rid of the last batch!! So infuriating!!! I just want nice skin like everyone else seems to have. Is that so much to ask? :(

Adult acne is the worse for real. I struggle with breakouts too. I used proactive for years since my high school days but I recently cancelled it as it wasn't effective anymore. I've switched to some charcoal face wash and that seemed to help but I understand your struggle.

It is maddening. I've had breakouts since I was 11 or so. Nothing so far has really improved it. Most doctors I've seen don't seem to think the breakouts are too bad, just annoying, but they haven't offered up anything that was really beneficial, either.

My daughter had acne so badly at 14. I know how terrible it is because i had it so we tried everything topically we could and NOTHING worked. I took her to a dermatologist and he prescribed roacutane for 6 months (not sure if its called that elsewhere other than australia). 12 weeks and it was clear. Actually clear, not a spot skin! Its very potent, side effects are severly dry lips, sun sensitivity ect but it was so worth it. Shes now on a contraceptive pill specifically for problem skin and she only gets a few spots here and there now.

(Edited for spelling error)

I was hoping to find something that wasn't prescription, but I'll look into that and see if they think it's something I can do. I know the pill did absolutely nothing (one way or the other). Didn't make it worse, but definitely didn't improve it, either. Was on BC for about 10 years before I decided I'd had enough and switched to another method.

And I think here in the U.S. it's just Accutane. Not sure if they still sell it, though.

Did you see my post above about Cetaphil? I've used so many expensive products over the years and Cetaphil has made a huge difference for me

Somehow I missed it, sorry! Cetaphil is a moisturizing lotion though, right? I was looking at it the other day and considering it. Part of my problem seems to be that some days my skin is oily and other days it is dry. It can't make up its mind! :neutral:

I had the problem before I realized you have to moisturize. I would avoid it because I thought my skin was too oily but really it's dry (and I was drying it out with cleansers) so it over-produces oil to compensate. Moisturizing balances it out.

If I called Science would you be one of the people that picked up the phone?

Yes and I'd answer like this

04usapj55m9x.gif

So the same way you answer your Emails?
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    My heart and all the emotions that come with it
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Clients that ask the same *kitten* question I've answered about 47 times
  • dwrightlaw
    Options
    Yea, just like that except my clients aren't ordering a salad...
  • cynthiabickham
    cynthiabickham Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I know Christmas is only a few days away, but the Christmas music on the radio is starting to piss me off.
  • dwrightlaw
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    dwrightlaw wrote: »
    Yea, just like that except my clients aren't ordering a salad...

I gather they're ordering up something pricier and more prestigious?

Nope...no ordering, I'm just trying to keep them out of prison, helps if they listen & then do what I tell them to do...sigh