What irks you?

Options

Replies

• angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    People who complain about things but discount every attempt at advice you try to give them. I know I'm sort of hypocritical about this, but since I've realized how annoying it is I've been trying to recognize when I do it and stop and at least be open minded to suggestions people give me.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    People in general, but more specifically women with purses, who stand in line waiting to get up and buy stuff, but wait until the clerk gives them the total before ever considering getting ready to pay. It is like it is a surprise, and they have to finally get out their wallet or rummage 5 minutes through their purse looking for whatever to pay. Even worse when you get that lady who is trying to scrape the bottom of the purse for change instead of just giving them that $1 bill they are holding...and holding everyone up. Flippin' idiots wasting my oxygen and time.

Exponentially worse when they are on their phone and just refuse to interrupt their conversation for something like paying attention and paying quickly.

I have my *kitten* out and ready to go before I get in line.. but then I get really anxious in stores and don't want people waiting on me or having to be there any longer than I have to be.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    People in general, but more specifically women with purses, who stand in line waiting to get up and buy stuff, but wait until the clerk gives them the total before ever considering getting ready to pay. It is like it is a surprise, and they have to finally get out their wallet or rummage 5 minutes through their purse looking for whatever to pay. Even worse when you get that lady who is trying to scrape the bottom of the purse for change instead of just giving them that $1 bill they are holding...and holding everyone up. Flippin' idiots wasting my oxygen and time.

Exponentially worse when they are on their phone and just refuse to interrupt their conversation for something like paying attention and paying quickly.

I'm always so anxious about holding up lines because of paying. Once I forgot my groceries because I was in such a hurry to get out of line so I could put my change away. I do protest the change thing though. Of course I have a change purse, so finding the coins is a little easier, but if you're not going to use them, what's the point of them? You have them so why not give exact change and not have to worry about putting away whatever change you get back? You're using more time one way or another.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    angelxsss wrote: »
    People who complain about things but discount every attempt at advice you try to give them. I know I'm sort of hypocritical about this, but since I've realized how annoying it is I've been trying to recognize when I do it and stop and at least be open minded to suggestions people give me.

This is very cool.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    Moon_Stone wrote: »

Do you expect people to have courtesy in this day and age? Imagine when they have to stop using the phone, to access Apple Pay or some other payment app! The Horror!

Honestly though, this irks me as well but I try to ignore them so my mood doesn’t shift.

Used to be worse when people had to write checks. Like, FOR GODS SAKE, start filling the damn thing out so all you have to do is write the total and be done! But no...they would wait and when they finnnnnnally get the total, then they rumage around, get out their checkbook, and write like they are in 1st grade learning letters.

FFS.

The current version is those people that every time they use a pay point with a card, it's like they have never done it before so the cashier ends up having to do the whole transaction for them.
  • Timshel_
    Options
    I have my *kitten* out and ready to go before I get in line.. but then I get really anxious in stores and don't want people waiting on me or having to be there any longer than I have to be.

Right!

The worst is Costco. Was waiting in line and this lady is chatting up her kids and finally gets tot he register. SURPRISE? They asked for her Costco card, and she is all, "Hmmm, let me see if I can find it" and proceeds to empty her damn purse to get it. WTH woman?! Is it your first time shopping at Costco and you didn't realize that every time you pay you have to give them your card?! Nope, just stupidity!

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Right!

The worst is Costco. Was waiting in line and this lady is chatting up her kids and finally gets tot he register. SURPRISE? They asked for her Costco card, and she is all, "Hmmm, let me see if I can find it" and proceeds to empty her damn purse to get it. WTH woman?! Is it your first time shopping at Costco and you didn't realize that every time you pay you have to give them your card?! Nope, just stupidity!

Ha! Right! And don't you have to show the card when you enter to start with? I don't belong to Costco, I do go to Sam's though and always get my cards out and in my back pocket before I get out of the car. We have to show our card before entering Sam's. Then it goes back in my back pocket so it's ready for check out, along with my debit card.
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

It's even worse, with the bus & it isn't just women that do this, many people resort to leaving to catch their bus 1 hour prior to when they'd otherwise've to; to ensure that they get to work and/or an appointment, upon time! Especially if they've to take a transfer bus, that they might only've 10 minutes to catch via arrival/departure; it's the main reason I often miss my bus &'ve to wait, an hour; for another! :angry:
  • BeautifulQueenTy
    BeautifulQueenTy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    MarcA1218 wrote: »
    So one thing that irks me is when people say, "Oh come on! One won't hurt your diet will it?" Well M#$ F&$! Yes it will... It's my diet not yours!

Haha, this is so true.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Constant innuendoes,
    we get it, duh.
  • BeautifulQueenTy
    BeautifulQueenTy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    People Who Drives SLOW when there’s A green light.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Today's so called music. Blech.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    FB sending me all these stupid emails now, if I wanted to be on FB I would get on FB idiots....
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

When I was a cashier people always did this. The register opens automatically after I total it up, I'm supposed to take the money and close it within a certain amount of time. If it stays open too long (waiting for someone to find their stupid change) it sets off a red flag in the computer I have to explain at the end of the day because the register being open so long is "suspicious".

Take your change to a coin bank, people. FFS.

Those coin banks want to rob me of 7-10%!, otherwise I would. That irks the hell out of me.

Why don’t banks take change anymore? At least where I’m from.

True. Take it to a regular bank then :lol:

That’s the right thing to do, but my bank doesn’t see it that way. They want nothing to do with it unless it’s paper. :lol:

most require you to roll the coins now, will they not take them if you roll them?
  • Timshel_
    Options
    This person in the office has a donkey sound for her ringtone! And she leaves her phone at her desk, just sitting there doing this!

https://youtu.be/gROO7xSTxfY
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    This person in the office has a donkey sound for her ringtone! And she leaves her phone at her desk, just sitting there doing this!

I made it 10 seconds in to that video
    53d22v404b9c.gif