What irks you?

Options

Replies

• poetic_cell
    poetic_cell Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    mybfisred wrote: »
    Pseudo health food. Why are large brown eggs $1 more than large white eggs? This whole trendy thing where if it looks like a brown paper bag it must be eco-friendly or healthy. Ugh.

Here the brown eggs are cheaper and I'm cheap so that's what I always buy :D

Brown eggs scare me...like they've gone bad...white eggs I'm pretty sure didn't give me a 5 lbs gut

Believe it or not, we only have brown eggs here

Do you also eat rotten milk...a german dessert...or so that's what my brother tells me...and I can't believe anything he says

I certainly don't. It sounds
    ZL0mG_s-200x150.gif
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Pseudo health food. Why are large brown eggs $1 more than large white eggs? This whole trendy thing where if it looks like a brown paper bag it must be eco-friendly or healthy. Ugh.

Brown eggs scare me...like they've gone bad...white eggs I'm pretty sure didn't give me a 5 lbs gut

Do you also eat rotten milk...a german dessert...or so that's what my brother tells me...and I can't believe anything he says

I certainly don't. It sounds
    ZL0mG_s-200x150.gif

My brother loved it oddly...cause all he eats is pizza or corn dogs haha
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options

I just have to jump in here to admit that I thought white eggs were dyed that color until I was about 10 years old, when I discovered the truth. I was raised on a farm and we'd had many, many breeds of chickens over the years, and I'd never in my life seen a white egg come out of a chicken. Various shades of brown/tan and blue/green, yes, white, no. I used to crack a store-bought egg and try to figure out how they got the white color to go all the way through. I thought they dyed them because people preferred white eggs (like they dye cheese orange because people won't buy "natural" colored cheese).

We still have chickens, and still have none that lay white eggs. I do have ducks that lay white eggs, though.
  • mybfisred
    Options

I just have to jump in here to admit that I thought white eggs were dyed that color until I was about 10 years old, when I discovered the truth. I was raised on a farm and we'd had many, many breeds of chickens over the years, and I'd never in my life seen a white egg come out of a chicken. Various shades of brown/tan and blue/green, yes, white, no. I used to crack a store-bought egg and try to figure out how they got the white color to go all the way through. I thought they dyed them because people preferred white eggs (like they dye cheese orange because people won't buy "natural" colored cheese).

We still have chickens, and still have none that lay white eggs. I do have ducks that lay white eggs, though.

Can you answer me this then...why don't those chickens I see that roam freely not go out into the street...how do they know ...do you train them??
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options

My dad has chickens too and he gets every colour from white , browns to the bluey green..I have to admit I just can't eat those bluish green ones :noway:
  • 911Doughboy
    911Doughboy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    is it kinda like chocolate milk comes from brown cows?
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    [quote= Can you answer me this then...why don't those chickens I see that roam freely not go out into the street...how do they know ...do you train them??
    [/quote]

We don't live close enough to the road for ours to go into the street, but our neighbor's are in the road all the time. They're just good at getting out of the way when a car is coming.

When I was a kid I had pigeons, and they used to get in the road all the time. And they wouldn't move for cars. I'd have to run out and chase them out of the way when a car came. Pigeons and chickens eat the gravel off the roads to help them break up their food.
  • mybfisred
    Options
    [quote= Can you answer me this then...why don't those chickens I see that roam freely not go out into the street...how do they know ...do you train them??

We don't live close enough to the road for ours to go into the street, but our neighbor's are in the road all the time. They're just good at getting out of the way when a car is coming.

When I was a kid I had pigeons, and they used to get in the road all the time. And they wouldn't move for cars. I'd have to run out and chase them out of the way when a car came. Pigeons and chickens eat the gravel off the roads to help them break up their food. [/quote]

Interesting ...where I live..its rural and subs...mixed together...and those suckers stay ...i wanted them to train my cats and dog...i asked my girl friend about it one day (cause she was raised on a farm)...and she said it had to do with the rooster aka *kitten*...typical :D
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Refrigerator control panels that die AFTER the warranty runs out :s
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    You irk me
  • poetic_cell
    poetic_cell Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Hunger
  • mybfisred
    Options
    Eagles defense , really?!

Ok offense is making up for it

Haha you can't respond to your own post!!..falcons should still be in this
  • mybfisred
    Options

Haha you can't respond to your own post!!..falcons should still be in this

Watch me

Defense and offense doing thier jobs today... also why the falcons are out

Mmmmm....cheese dip...disagree ...
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    People who see you wearing a vt shirt and assume you are as obsessed w football as they are, and all the fake smiles I have to put on to cover up my "i dont have any idea what you are talking about" face.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Being hungry but not getting groceries till tomorrow so there's stuff all in the cupboards and fridge :(