What irks you?

Options

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    People that don't realize that we are all from Texas. Yes, even you Canadians.

What if I told you that non-Texans don't really spend any time thinking about Texas?

What if I told you I'm not from Texas either. Or the physical borders.

What irks me is when everyone who knows the joke about Texas I'm talking about isn't on MFP anymore.

There was a time in Chit Chat when there was an "Anyone from Texas" thread showing up daily and sometimes more then one at the same time.

seems to still be a thing
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options

What if I told you that non-Texans don't really spend any time thinking about Texas?

What irks me is when everyone who knows the joke about Texas I'm talking about isn't on MFP anymore.

There was a time in Chit Chat when there was an "Anyone from Texas" thread showing up daily and sometimes more then one at the same time.

The tragic rise and fall of forum inside jokes...

I wouldn't call it an inside joke. Anyone on the forums at the time would of seen people joking about all the "Anyone from Texas" threads. It's still probably the most popular "Anyone from..." thread there is.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

I wouldn't call it an inside joke. Anyone on the forums at the time would of seen people joking about all the "Anyone from Texas" threads. It's still probably the most popular "Anyone from..." thread there is.

I must mentally filter out the "Is anyone from ___?" threads along with the "Would you ____ the person above you?" type of stuff.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options

I must mentally filter out the "Is anyone from ___?" threads along with the "Would you ____ the person above you?" type of stuff.

They usually say "Is anyone from Texas" search it, it's amazing the amount of same threads by different people come up. I see it much more often than with other big states like California or Florida.

Actually there is another one in Chit Chat right now...
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options

They usually say "Is anyone from Texas" search it, it's amazing the amount of same threads by different people come up. I see it much more often than with other big states like California or Florida.

Actually there is another one in Chit Chat right now...

Just so I understand...There aren't people that live outside of the Texas border are there? EVERYONE'S FROM TEXAS!
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    empresssue wrote: »

I would tell you that you're lucky not to be from TX :wink:

I have bad news for you then. We are all Texans on MFP.

I might have to woo this, mister :angry:
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    When I'm judged on timeliness at work, but I can't be timely cuz other parts of the process are untimely. :angry:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    "How do you think I should word this? Am I doing this right?"

Me: (suggestions)
    *kitten*-hat: "Well, I think I'm just going to do it my way."

Me: Envision *kitten* slapping said person.

Me in reality: I'm gonna laugh my butt off during a hilarious "I told you so moment." When your stupidity is showcased. Awwww. :lol:

• huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    When the nozzle on my bottle of hand sanitizer develops a bugger and it sprays every where except in my hand.
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Bad communicators...just open your *kitten* mouth and say what needs sayin'... I'm pretty evolved but I haven't yet mastered the art of mind-reading *kitten*
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    When Netflix interrupts my binge watch by asking me if I'm still watching...duh???
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    When my phone auto corrects incorrectly and I don’t notice until it’s too late to change.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    passive aggressive comments