Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I have been losing over a pound a week for 12 weeks so I consider it a plateau . If I'm running a calorie deficit and exercising I should be losing. I believe the issue is not enough fiber in my diet so I'm going to try that. Thanks anyway
    It's a stall though and not a plateau. A plateau would be 6 weeks or more of no weight movement if one was CONSISTENT (especially in calorie counts) with diet and exercise. If consistency was lost at anytime, then it wouldn't be a plateau. It is a stall, but usually by identifying certain things (calories taken in, rest, exercise) and making adjustments, it should resolve itself.
    I liken a stall and plateau to a stop sign and a red light stop . One is a quick stop, the other could keep you there awhile.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Im extremely consistent . I have a menu I eat every week. Breakfast Lunch and Dinner. As in I eat 2 pieces of 6oz baked fish every Monday with half a cup of broccoli. I am also very consistent with exercise.
    How do you know they are 6 oz if you don't measure? How do you know you've drank the same amount of liquids everyday without measuring? How do you know the intensity of your exercise is exact every time? You can't just by gauging it.
    Trust that you're NOT the first person or client I've had this discussion with. What's been mentioned above about identifying how much your eating IS NOT a big deal, unless you make it one. Measure everything for a week. Just a week. If your weight changes, then you've likely identified what might have been the issue.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

They're all precut and then frozen. I buy them from the market that way. They measure it there. The only liquid I drink is water. I run on a treadmill so that information is tracked. 4mph for 30 minutes. Weights are simple to track as well. Anyway as I've said before Ive resolved the issue

Again, information you could have given pages ago...

Or you could have just trusted me mate.

We were trying to help you. Again, lots of people vow and declare they know how many calories they're eating. They're not lying, they truly do believe that. In this instance, you do know, and you could have very easily said how you know. And it likely would have become apparent at that time, or soon there after, that you're stressing your body by undereating and probably have raised cortisol levels as a result.

You can either take this as a lesson in providing full and accurate information to the people who are giving their free time to help you, or you can continue to be angry about it (which isn't going to help those cortisol levels, fyi).

I think maybe you should take this as a lesson in not making negative assumptions. If someone says to you they're saying at a deficit just believe them until you have reason to think otherwise. And I'm not angry.

Why don't you hang around for a few weeks and help us all answer some more plateau threads?
    I'd love to know if you still trust everything random people on the internet say after fifty of these.

I notice you chose not to "just believe" anyone who told you this isn't a plateau. Not a two-way street?

Diana weight loss plateaus are loosly defined. My calorie intake is not. That's a false equivalency. Asking you to not assume I'm lying or in denial isn't asking much. If you can't do that while even bother answering? Anyway what are you expecting to get out of continuing this conversation?

You could at least be bothered to use my actual name. Instead you're just making up names for people now? I don't usually worry about people dropping the extra N, but my name isn't Diana.

Anyway, my offer above is real. Stick around. Answer questions. Come back in a couple of weeks and let us know if you still assume people know what they're eating as the default.

This conversation is over. Good night.

That's your choice. You can always use the report function to have the thread closed by the mods if you like.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Okay just so we're clear. I know my body. I know what I eat. If I eat the same thing all the time it's illogical to track calories because the calories in the things I eat don't change. And finally I know when I've hit a plateau because I know my body. Thank you to everyone who posted positive support and answered the question.

You may eat the same things, but are you sure you're eating the same amounts of those things. A little creep in portion sizes with high cal stuff is going to mount up pretty quickly.

Nony. Nope. Not the case. I literally eat the same thing. Not sure why thats so difficult to understand.
    But is this working for you now?

If plateaus are typical on low carb, then......where's the confusion?

People are trying to help you, and you're shutting them down.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    JBizness wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    JBizness wrote: »
    This thread is so bizarre because this community as a whole is super helpful and polite. Like ridiculously so. I posted a thread last week and ONLY got helpful and positive answers. Literally not one negative comment. On the Internet this is virtually unheard of.

I'm guessing you approached/responded to people in your thread differently. You make your experience. There are amazing people here.

100% agree. People here are super helpful and polite. Honestly, where else could you get this level of experience provided to you in a succinct and detailed manner, targeted to you specifically for FREE?!?!

And when threads like this pop up, it genuinely makes me question why I stick around, after having met my weight loss goal, to help others who may be struggling. When OPs are so rude and dismissive and even insulting to people trying to probe to get at the heart of their issue to provide relevant advice, why bother?

I end up taking a lot of long breaks because of it, and I know I'm not the only one. Plus there are all of our compatriots on forced breaks after one too many threads like this. It's a real shame.
    Indeed. :/
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    You aren't doing keto if you don't eat vegetables. There are lower carb veggies. I was at a keto BBQ yesterday with delicious cauliflower rice and a bomb broccoli slaw with avo mayo.

How are you getting all of your vitamins and nutrients?
    https://ketodietapp.com/Blog/post/2015/01/03/Keto-Diet-Food-List-What-to-Eat-and-Avoid

I take a multivitamin. Keto does not require vegetables. Getting into Ketosis doesn't not require vegetables. Also this issue has been resolved

1. You will not get all of your bodies nutritional needs from a multi vitamin. This is a fact. You may supplement some but unless you have a bunch of mineral supplements as well and your omegas you are harming your body

2. A lot of keto eaters actually avoid cheese because dairy can be higher carb and sugar. If you only eat meat and cheese you are not following a structured keto eating plan. Calling that keto is probably why some are afraid of it. Keto is actually a pretty balanced way of eating low carb when done correctly. The way you are eating can lead to gallstones and a bunch of other issues
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Can't waste anymore time offering advice to someone that doesn't want it. Time to watch football now.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

My son was disappointed with the game I assume based on your name you were watching (he is a big time miners fan)....but his mamma was happy sporting silver and black