Exercise on Keto. Any Tips?

Options
ASAIAHSMOMMY
ASAIAHSMOMMY Posts: 14 Member
edited September 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
What kind of exercises should I do everyday being that I'm a beginner and I started keto yesterday?

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    As long as you are fueling your workouts and getting enough protein to retain muscle diet doesn't dictate what workouts you can do.

My boxing coach and some of the women in our group are keto. We do the same weight lifting program, boxing training, and running distance each week.

As a beginner working out I'd encourage you to find something you enjoy and that you can progress with as you get more fit. I know that if I wasn't having fun I'd quit. And if I wasn't seeing improvements in my ability and strength I would get discouraged. This is how I chose my program
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    I would stick to something you are used to doing. Walking, jogging if you jog, swim if you swim. You don't want to start with too many things at once while you are adapting to keto. Do light things while you get the hang of eating your new diet. After a couple of weeks start more intense things, but for the moment nothing too strenuous.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello an welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group herein MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    As long as you are fueling your workouts and getting enough protein to retain muscle diet doesn't dictate what workouts you can do.

I also second what @SCoil123 said above because this advice is absolutely 100% spot on!