NCAA Football Season 2013 - Official Thread

Options

Replies

• K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    The reason people attend college is to get an education.

I would think most people attend college to get paid. Just making a gamble that it will pay off in the future. Few people like being educated for their own self edification.

How much money did you just get by typing out all those smart words?

I'm salaried, so I'll have to estimate here. I think it took me about 10 seconds to think of the reply, 30 to type it, 5 to hit submit and have it go through, so I made about a dollar or so while typing that.

You calculate that based on an 8 hour day or 24 hour day?
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    8 hour day. Figures may have been pulled from the crevice between my glutes though.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    The reason people attend college is to get an education.

I would think most people attend college to get paid. Just making a gamble that it will pay off in the future. Few people like being educated for their own self edification.

yep the top athletes "education" is football not math or history etc...(in general)
  • Kilokato
    Kilokato Posts: 33
    Options
    GO DUCKS!

105940805_crop_650x440.jpg?128821517

can i hang out in your new facility? :)

haha, no joke! I've actually been inside their new football facility; it's truly disgusting how lavish it is. I went to school at the U of O from 2002-2007 and even back then their sports programs had anything and everything they desired. Now that it's a premier football school it's so far over the top it's not even funny. It's all thanks to their wonderful alumnus Phil Knight. The donations that he throws out are beyond my comprehension.

Check out what he did for their new basketball arena. Blew my mind when they went from Mac Court to Matt Arena - named after Phil Knight's son, Matthew Knight. Note the "most expensive on-campus basketball arena in the United States" excerpt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Knight_Arena

I got a great education at the U of O, so I'm not complaining, but it'd be pretty damned amazing if these donors would put some of their hundreds of millions of dollars towards academics and research instead of 65" flat-screen televisions in EVERY football player's private locker area... or maybe to update some of their classrooms instead of having new uniforms and helmets every week. lols.

Regardless, I'm a lifer duck fan.

Nat'l championship or bust, *****es!
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    lol@ Johnny Manziel. if true(probably is) he is such an idiot. it would be funny if he cant play at all this season.

Probably is? You figured that out from a story with absolutely no facts? Whatever you say!!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    haha, no joke! I've actually been inside their new football facility; it's truly disgusting how lavish it is. I went to school at the U of O from 2002-2007 and even back then their sports programs had anything and everything they desired. Now that it's a premier football school it's so far over the top it's not even funny. It's all thanks to their wonderful alumnus Phil Knight. The donations that he throws out are beyond my comprehension.

Check out what he did for their new basketball arena. Blew my mind when they went from Mac Court to Matt Arena - named after Phil Knight's son, Matthew Knight. Note the "most expensive on-campus basketball arena in the United States" excerpt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Knight_Arena

I got a great education at the U of O, so I'm not complaining, but it'd be pretty damned amazing if these donors would put some of their hundreds of millions of dollars towards academics and research instead of 65" flat-screen televisions in EVERY football player's private locker area... or maybe to update some of their classrooms instead of having new uniforms and helmets every week. lols.

Regardless, I'm a lifer duck fan.

Nat'l championship or bust, *****es!

yep very very nice...i went to Maryland...the founder of Under Armour is a grad and is starting to fund our school like Knight has Oregon. so maybe in a decade or so we'll be at your level. :D
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    lol@ Johnny Manziel. if true(probably is) he is such an idiot. it would be funny if he cant play at all this season.

Probably is? You figured that out from a story with absolutely no facts? Whatever you say!!

there are plenty of facts. that boy is going down. its like the recent steroids case with the MLB. there was smoke...and now there is fire.
  • Kilokato
    Kilokato Posts: 33
    Options
    yep very very nice...i went to Maryland...the founder of Under Armour is a grad and is starting to fund our school like Knight has Oregon. so maybe in a decade or so we'll be at your level. :D

Oh cool! I've always liked the Terps. Gogo Kevin Plank!
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

Oh cool! I've always liked the Terps. Gogo Kevin Plank!

Sergey Brin is too...unfortunately he seems to not be a sports fan. :(
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

*cough* kool-aid drinker *cough*
  • chadderack
    Options
    Eh, Utah's gonna suck AGAIN. Too much to hope for that BYU draws a bagel this year? :)

Guess I'll have to root for Utah State.

C'mon. Have some faith.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

*cough* kool-aid drinker *cough*

you should know how this works...accusations come out but no case goes forth until the offseason, something is found, and the Aggies vacate wins as retribution and no one cares. He goes to the NFL where none of this matters and life goes on.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

there are plenty of facts. that boy is going down. its like the recent steroids case with the MLB. there was smoke...and now there is fire.

This isnt the first time this has happened with alleged violations. I think the NCAA has this process down to a science now. This all happened before Johnny he beat Alabama and became famous; so maybe he thought he would never get caught?
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    2yyd1lc.jpg

GO BUCKS!!!!

I got to see script Ohio last year at the OSU-Michigan game. It was beyond awesome! GO BUCKEYES!:drinker: :drinker:
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    2yyd1lc.jpg

GO BUCKS!!!!

I got to see script Ohio last year at the OSU-Michigan game. It was beyond awesome! GO BUCKEYES!:drinker: :drinker:

*rolls eyes*
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    BTW - I am going to be upset if Manziel get's suspended and denies me the chance to revel in (almost) certain sophomore suckitude.

dude, we run a mickey mouse offense with better personnel than almost anyone who has ever run a mickey mouse offense. No way he goes downhill with more experience in the offense.

The only thing that kills this offense is if the new WR's we have don't pick it up. And if they do, we have just as fast and talented wideouts with several that are 6'3" plus and can run. We could be scary good on O, and I'm not even talking about our true strength, which is RB and OL.

I would agree that more experience in an offense only helps most QBs. I don't necessarily think that if he drops off a bit that it has anything to do with knowledge and experience.I think he had a tremendous year last year, and I'm not sure it wasn't an anomaly. So while he will probably have an okay season, I don't think it will be Heisman caliber. On top of that, he's doing everything he can to put a target on himself and his team.

I have no idea what this kid is actually like, but it seems like he's let his celebrity take over his life a little too much. I could be wrong, either way - I will be rooting against him.
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I heard the SEC is going to send one of their lower tiered teams to play the the best players from each Big Ten School - what they are referring to as an All-Star Team for charity.

The SEC??? Isn't that a collection of overgrown community colleges with jails attached for the athletes?

The difference between the Big Ten and the SEC is that the SEC cares about the difference.

The difference, which the big ten pretends to not care about:

200px-Uf2008CoachesTrophy.jpg

Well I'm not gonna lie....that stings a little. I do think a few years ago that Wisconsin was definitely good enough and could have competed for a National Championship (although we did in fact lose in the Rose Bowl with some horrendous, horrible coaching).
  • Tenmidwest
    Tenmidwest Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    We can all kids ourselves, but Alabama will win again.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Go Cards and Lobos!!!
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Knock Knock

Who's there?

Johnny Football....

Johnny Football who?

(that is all)